Thanks Webby:Dominican blow out!!

buffalosoldier

After seeing your pics..I tried it today and its really easy. My hair just looks a bit fluffy and farah fawcetty. So I probably need to put something on besides biosilk when I do the blow out part. maybe some grease or oil???

So my question is what do you use when you actually blow out? and if you dont use anything do you or anyone else know what they use in the salon.

I bought the round denman brush with the ceramic center (sally's) and its gets your hair very smooth.

Thanks again your pics were very helpful

Anyone else try it after seeing webby's demonstration? Any luck?

Awww, Buff...I'm so happy that the pics helped. It gets better and easier each time. It actually took me a very, very long time to get it right, but once I realized what I needed to do...I never had a bad blowout.

I'm not quite sure what your question is. Do you mean, what type of brush do I use?

If so, I use a boar's hair brush, no plastic bristles and no metal barrels. I have enough skills to work with the metal barrel (metal holds heat, acts like a curling iron), but it's not necessary when your is completely dry from a roller set. The center (barrel) of my brushes are all wooden. Wood does not hold heat, so I have less risk of burning my hair.

Also, I use a leave-in conditioner before putting in the rollers and put nothing else in my hair until I'm DONE blowdrying. Adding oil to the hair before you blow dry, is like adding fuel to a fire. You'll get smoke, might get a burning hair odor and you may even actually burn your hair. It's best to apply sheen, finishing cremes AFTER the blowout.

Last edited:
Thanks Webby. :)

It's funny that you asked this buffalo because I just posted this question in webby's album. So ignore the question webby.

webby said:
Also, I put nothing else in my hair until I'm DONE blowdrying. Adding oil to the hair before you blow dry, is like adding fuel to a fire. You'll get smoke, might get a burning hair odor and you may even actually burn your hair. It's best to apply sheen, finishing cremes AFTER the blowout.

You answered my question ..(what do you blow dry with?) Im going to have to use something but yeah this is a good way to do the hair.
Thanks...

KAddy said:
Thanks Webby. :)

It's funny that you asked this buffalo because I just posted this question in webby's album. So ignore the question webby.

LOL Have you managed to get it down ? Mine frizzed a bit but my hair always frizzes. Next time Im going to weigh it down before I blow dry. did u burn your fingers ? lol . I wasnt too bad but my ears felt a little crispy!!

buffalosoldier said:
You answered my question ..(what do you blow dry with?) Im going to have to use something but yeah this is a good way to do the hair.
Thanks...

I use this blower:
307.jpg

Info about the blower. It should come with a concentration nozzle.

This blower is not this company's hottest or most powerful blower, as a result, I rigged mine (see my album for instructions).

As for what I put on my hair when I blow dry. NOTHING. Absolutely nothing, because oils, sprays and dressings should be applied only after the blow dry is complete.

Also, is your hair relaxed? You should not get any frizzies at all if you hair is completely dry. I used to get frizzies because I thought that my hair was dry. After pulling out my rollers and waiting a few moments, I noticed that my ends would frizz. That's because they were still slightly damp. Make sure that your hair is thoroughly dry before pulling the rollers out.

Back