TEXTURIZER ALBUM UPDATE!!!

Ginsana

Hello everyone! I updated my album with pictures of my second texturizer ever and my current ponytail challenge using surge and an oil mixture to see how long my hair will grow. I started the challenge last week thursday right after I texturized my hair. Take a look! I'll keep you guys posted with the results of my challenge when I give up..lol! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Oh yeah, all comments and suggestions to help me with my hair or my challenge are more that welcome from you wonderful people!

Wow, fast hair growth, great progress. I have one question what products do you add to your hair before attaching the ponytail? I thinking of trying this method too. Thanks

your hair has really grown, ginsana i love to look at your album your texturizer looks great. take care with those edges now

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, fast hair growth, great progress. I have one question what products do you add to your hair before attaching the ponytail? I thinking of trying this method too. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Den! I have found it much easier to gather my hair into a ponytail when its wet. I condition my hair then wash it out and apply surge and some olive oil and/or carrot oil. I do this wet because that way I won't have to put a comb or brush through my hair. When I use my fingers while my hair is really damp its much easier to go where I want it AND I get to keep my waves looking more "textured." I've been redoing my ponytail every 3 days.

Your hair has definitely grown and is VERY pretty!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Keep up the good haircare! /images/graemlins/up.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Den! I have found it much easier to gather my hair into a ponytail when its wet. I condition my hair then wash it out and apply surge and some olive oil and/or carrot oil. I do this wet because that way I won't have to put a comb or brush through my hair. When I use my fingers while my hair is really damp its much easier to go where I want it AND I get to keep my waves looking more "textured." I've been redoing my ponytail every 3 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your reply /images/graemlins/grin.gif so you don't comb or brush the hair, does your hair tangle like this? how do you keep it neat then, do you airdry with a scarf instead?

Okay .... I like your hair. Very cute!

Now, I have questions:

1) Your natural hairstype?
2) Brand of texturizer/relaxer?
3) Do you texturize your hair on your own?
4) Application method and timing?
5) Maintenance products?
6) Why did you decide to texturize?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your reply /images/graemlins/grin.gif so you don't comb or brush the hair, does your hair tangle like this? how do you keep it neat then, do you airdry with a scarf instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't brush or comb my hair when its wet and it doesn't tangle at all! I think its the Surge though, because it is also a detangler so I can easily run my hands through my hair...The oil is what I put in my hair to help it stay neat..and it works...My hair just airdrys throughout the day, no scarf or anything, except at night when I put on my adjustable satin scarf followed by a regular scarf to keep it on...

[ QUOTE ]
Okay .... I like your hair. Very cute!

Now, I have questions:

1) Your natural hairstype?
2) Brand of texturizer/relaxer?
3) Do you texturize your hair on your own?
4) Application method and timing?
5) Maintenance products?
6) Why did you decide to texturize?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you girl! to answer your questions...
1) my natural hair type is 4a/b
2) The brand of texturizer I use is Silk Elements Texturizer. I got it from Sally's for 3.99. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
3) My mom texturizes her hair and she is no hair stylist, but she does my hair well
4) My mom uses one of those rattail combs to apply the texturizer and she leaves it on for 10 minutes.
5) I have only been using Surge and and my olive oil mixture lately, but for frizz I use Garnier Fructis Smoothing Milk and it works quite well.
6) I decided to texturize simply because after being natural for a little while I found it very hard to maintain my hair. I am always having to dress up and stuff like for church, etc. and it was so hard for me to comb hair so I just decided to get a little help...

Hope I got all your questions /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Ginsana, I love the texture of your hair. I also like your ponytail that you wear. Good luck with all your hair challenges and goals!

your texturizer is one of the best i've seen looks really moist but not in a jhery curl type of way the pony is nice too

[ QUOTE ]
your texturizer is one of the best i've seen looks really moist but not in a jhery curl type of way the pony is nice too

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow..thanks Msportugal! That is such a compliment coming from someone who has such fabulous hair herself!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wow...if you didn't let viewers know some of those pics were weaves, I would never have known!! It looks just like your real texturized hair!! Very BEAUTIFUL!!

[ QUOTE ]
Wow...if you didn't let viewers know some of those pics were weaves, I would never have known!! It looks just like your real texturized hair!! Very BEAUTIFUL!!

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe...thanks! That's exactly what I was going for! I looked at your album and noticed your highlights. They look great! They are subtle but noticeable. How did you do them??

Hey ginsana, what is the name of that kind hair that you used for your weave--not the brand name per se but the name of the curl?...thx!

[ QUOTE ]
Hey ginsana, what is the name of that kind hair that you used for your weave--not the brand name per se but the name of the curl?...thx!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Model_chick, I'm not sure what the name of the hair is right now. (I'm at work, when I get home I'll check the card for the hair and tell you) But...I can describe it for you. Its human hair weave..anyhow, You know sometimes when you go in to the BSS and you see all the choices of hair and in the choices there's that real fake looking curly hair, like the curls are really defined, almost plastic looking so it looks real fake. Well if you kinda know what I'm talking about, then that's the hair that I bought. I just took it home and combed it out with a wide tooth comb so it could look a little frizzed up and more realistic. This is just a description though..A POOR ONE I MIGHT ADD /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'll let you know the actual name of it when I get home...

Back