Teen Fall Growth Challenge

Count me in also! Im a 18 year old college sophomore and my hair is currently about 2 1/2 -3 inches past my shoulders. I am hoping to gain about 3 inches by mid December. My hair grows about 3/4 of an inch every month. I will be wearing braids in my hair for the entire semester (with touch-ups of course).
drunk.gif

<font color="blue"> </font> I just got on LHCF like two days ago. I'm 16 and I got my first perm when I was four. I'm thinking about going back natural, but I'm not sure if that's what I want to do, because I've always wanted long hair. It's shoulder length now, it's growing pretty well. on the other hand, I've always wanted a 'Fro.
nuts.gif
Please let a sista know how she can get her hair to grow.
think.gif

been busy lately and aint been able to come here as often but count me in as well!! i'm hopin to be able to gain as much length as possible by then with the aid of a sewn in weave i got done a lil while ago

good luck every1!!

count me in (i know i'm starting a little late)..my end goal is bra-strap length, but for my goal for Christmas is 2 inches, or brushing the top of my shoulders.

Hey everyone I'm in too, right now my hair is barely touching my bra strap but my illtimate goal is below bra strap. Happy growing every one, and oh yeah I am 15
wink.gif

how are yall doin w/ tha challenge? im doin alright, could be doin better, i'm bout to take out my braids soon and get some new ones, i'll post my regime and my progress later cuz i got physics homework to do.. holla

Yeah, I was wondering when we were going to update...I'm doing good..sticking to my regimine and everything, but I can't get over this hair hump. I think my hair is the same length it was 6 months ago (even though I know I've had 4 trims in that time frame). The pics are in my album if anyone wants to take a look!

I doing good also!! I got a perm on Sept. 25th after 4 long months without one. Also I have some blonde highlites in the front. I am currently trying to find Hi Pro Pac in stores. Does Sally's have it? Anyways I wish you all luck!! I will post a pic in Oct. Bye!!

i'm doing okay myself. i got a touch-up on aug 30th and since then by the end of this month i should have a 1/2 of an inch of new growth. i'll b at my goal of 2 inches by december in no time.

I'm doing well, and going along steadily. My last touch-up was Aug. 16th and my last trim was Sept. 17th. I'm regaining length quickly.

i'm doing really well. I'm in braids right now will be taking them out in about 3 more weeks and currently I have about 1/2 inch growth so by the time I take out the braids I should have an inch

I'm doing pretty well myself. I recently took out my cornrows and got a touch up on my relaxer. I gained a half an inch since the beginning of september. I would have gained a little more growth but my envionment has changed (moving back into the college dorm). Things should be back to normal soon. I'm always rinsing my hair in the shower and applying tea tree oil (the best) at night before I go to bed and I also sleep in a satin bonnet. When I took out after blow drying my hair after my relaxer, I took a look at my hair and saw that I should be reaching my goal of 2(maybe 2.5-3) inches by the end of December!!!! Happy hair care all!!!

nekee why are u stoppin the challenge?? hope everything's fine and u'll reconsider
smile.gif

i havent got much to say in my update i've been in a weave for the last month so i dont kno whats goin on lengthwise. I'm restartin my vit regiment and hope to gain as much length as i can by takin them with a protein shake.

93409920-03==0939003

Last edited by a moderator:
2 obsessed- i'm 17 and a senior in high school
2 neeke- why you quitin'!!!!???

2everybody- welli'm having a hard time people. i really don't feel like a i have a good pressing regimine that will promote growth, and i have to have my hair "styled" to cheerlead. my plan is after home comming to rock cornrows until like dance or something. i'm pressing my hair with ultrasheen pressing creme, and washing w/ creme of nature, deep conditoning w/ designer's touch deep conditioner (REALLY GREAT STUFF!!!) on my scalp i put sulfur 8 &amp; pink lotion just to mouisturize. i am attmepting to protect my ends with my "phonytail" wish me luck ya'll.

i was very discouraged with my hair last week and most of the ladies in this challenge had like past shoulder length hair which didn't make me feel any better. But i'm getting through with it and i put myself in another challenge which i thought best suited me. I hope i didnt offend anyone

I am 15 years old and my update is this I have had my hair braided and washed every week. My hair is thicker, and I don't really know the lenght but I believe it is longer. I am getting it put into braids this Saturday. I will take those brais out in December and share my results.

Back