techniques for weave removal

NYRICAN1

Hi girls,

Can you girls post your regimens on how you take down and handle your cornrows under the weaves? I am about to take out my weave but am debating whether I should just take the cornrows out one by one and untangle or should I saturate the braids first with oil or conditioner and then take them apart? any suggestions? I want to try to retain as much growth as possible it seems it has grown about 1 1/2 inches :grin: . I have had my weave in for 7 weeks and want to poo and dc for 1-2 weeks before getting my relaxer. :grin:

Its always easiest for me if I spray a good amount of braid spray on the braids immediately before removal. It goes along very smoothly with that, and trhe braids are easy to take out :yep:

Ditto on that...also you can use a leave-in conditioner to remove it. I usually just make sure my hair is just soaked w/ conditioner before I take down the braids. And I also dip my fingers in the conditioner while taking it down. After my braids are taken down, I don't detangle w/ a comb I just put more conditioner on it and deep condition under the dryer. After deep conditioning I'll wash my hair out in the shower and detangle in the shower and do the rest of my regimen as normal:yep:

Last edited:
Ditto on that...also you can use a leave-in conditioner to remove it. I usually just make sure my hair is just soaked w/ conditioner before I take down the braids. And I also dip my fingers in the conditioner while taking it down. After my braids are taken down, I don't detangle w/ a comb I just put more conditioner on it and deep condition under the dryer. After deep conditioning I'll wash my hair out in the shower and detangle in the shower and do the rest of my regimen as normal:yep:

thank you for the advice ladies.:grouphug: I will definitely use the braid spray and put conditioner on and dc before washing :grin:

Back