Taren gets Heat Damage!!!

I saw it coming, and she did too. We all have been victims of heat damage at some point of our lives. I'm glad she's doing something about it :)

Here is a link to her updated video using the aphogee 2 step treatment.

YouTube - Aphogee Protein Treatment Application

She prepooed with oil and then shampooed 3 times.

She thinks Aphogee smells? She says it burns? Well, maybe a slight burn if it gets on your skin, but other than that I don't think it burns and it doesn't stink.

:lol: She is new to Aphogee, huh? She didn't know that you don't want your hair to touch anything while Aphogee is in it.

Maybe she isn't a member after all.

I'm glad we could help her. :yep:

I hope it works out for her....Been there before...But she has the rest of the winter to get it back in shape!

Happy Hair Growing!

She thinks Aphogee smells? She says it burns? Well, maybe a slight burn if it gets on your skin, but other than that I don't think it burns and it doesn't stink.

:lol: She is new to Aphogee, huh? She didn't know that you don't want your hair to touch anything while Aphogee is in it.

Can I know which Aphogee you use because that stuff smells like pickled feet! Ugh! I switched to Nexxus- well it's called Aloxxi now but yea, that Aphogee was too much.

Wasn't it inevitable, though? Love her, but she straightens her hair a lot. All that direct heat is bound to do damage. Didn't she have heat damage before, too? Or, is this an older video?

Look at the date on that "update" video. This is not the first time she has had a passing glance at heat damage.

Thanks HL. I didn't think I was crazy. This isn't the FIRST time she's had heat damage. Something else is going on here. I hope she is able to rectify the situation. I like her a lot. And yet, she does favor Tisha Campbell but 100 times better. :yep:

Love Taren but i think she plays wirh her hair too much..she just frosted her tips in the summer..that could be part of the problem too...all in all i still think she has pretty hair. IMHO heat damage is when theres actual breakage..

Can I know which Aphogee you use because that stuff smells like pickled feet! Ugh! I switched to Nexxus- well it's called Aloxxi now but yea, that Aphogee was too much.

It doesn't smell good, but it doesn't stink either. I remember the egg smell of jehri curls and the nasty smells of amla oil and shikakai bar soap. Aphogee may not smell like perfume, but the smell it has rinses away. Your hair doesn't smell like it when you are done. :nono: And the smell doesn't stink up the whole room or anything either. :nono:

That 2 step treatment does smell awful:ohwell:

i think it stinks like a mens restroom, or as i like to call 'drunk man's pee in a bottle' ♥

I honestly was waiting for this to happen (not in a good way, I like Taren). Every time she straightened her hair I was like wow she's straightening it again? And I remember in one video she said she had not been using heat protectant until someone told her that she should. Also, I read a scientific paper (sorry too lazy to find it again and post it but it was a PDF from a chem journal online) that displayed that even on low setting (showed blown up pics of your hair) blowdrying hair blows open the cuticle, which makes hair more susceptible to damage. I was previously diffusing on low sometimes and did a couple of blow outs on my hair, but after I saw that I put my blowdryer away. I don't think that would mess up her curl pattern though - there's a difference between blowing heat on the hair and blowing the cuticle open, and using a flat iron/pressing comb, which can melt the protein bonds in your hair. I think her hair still looks good but it looked way better before.

I thought that if you use it on "cool" setting, it's not damaging, but didn't know this, either. I'd like to learn more...

honestly diffusing is meant to NOT damage your curls. you use warm air and then use the cool blast to set the curl. plus you dont diffuse until 100% dry, your hair is still supposed to be sort of damp and you air dry the rest of the way.

though i only diffuse in the winter.

honestly diffusing is meant to NOT damage your curls. you use warm air and then use the cool blast to set the curl. plus you dont diffuse until 100% dry, your hair is still supposed to be sort of damp and you air dry the rest of the way.

though i only diffuse in the winter.

Thanks for this! By the way, I LOVE your videos too!!

Yea I think once I wash it the smell is gone. I stopped using it a while ago. It's so demn watery, and it dribbles funk down your face and neck. One time I was rinsing it and I tasted it by accident. Ugh. I'm glad I switched now that I think about it. I was considering giving it another go a second ago. Now that I'm reliving that moment I'll pass, lol.

I think her hair is gorgeous. But, I think it's naive to believe that if you put heat on your hair to straighten it that you're not going to experience damage. I'm not judging her methods, but one must be prepared to suffer the consequences. She likes being versatile and I don't think she should have to choose. It really is just hair and if her curl isn't springing and boinging like it should, then she needs to be prepared to snip off bits at a time. Or just leave it be. If I were truly obsessed about it, I'd snip off bits at a time.

It looked more like her hair was becoming heat trained, rather than heat-damaged, considering the way it's responding to protein treatments, etc.

Yeah I don't see the big deal....I think your hair changes with every few in inches of weight anyway..I wouldn't even trim it I would just rock it like this is how I remember it always being.....I kind of like it better now anyway....

Back