Taren gets Heat Damage!!!

Hmmm i personally think she had a lil bit of heat damage before this video, but at the same time she said that she wanted to straighten all winter, so she always run the risk of damage!

Wow, so she had heat damage in April of this year, worked to fix it and then went right back to what caused the heat damage the first time?:nono:

Exactly the reason why I don't feel sorry for her right now. That may be mean but come one. Her subscribers were telling her back when she repaired the damage then that her hair wasn't the same, but now after the repeated straightening she agrees. smh It is just hair after all....hope this time she's learned her lesson.

her hair looks fine to me. doesnt seem like you'd wanna BC your whole head based on some heat trained/damaged ends.
if u have curly hair that u straighten often then this is the result...if ur afraid then don't straighten curly hair!

Glad that she made a video admitting her mistake and helping others realize that heat damage is real.

I've only watched her a few times and have liked her sincerity. I'm hoping she will learn that moderation is key.

You can definitely tell the difference in her hair compared to her older videos. I don't think she needs to cut more than an inch or two. Her hair still looks pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh, I watched her video super early this morning and had forgotten what her hair looked like.

Then I went back to this Kinky curly video from the summertime: YouTube - Kinky Curly Curling Custard Review!!!

her hair is still very pretty. I think it will recover, she doesn't really deep condition, I think if she starts and stays diligent she will be alright.

If i'm not mistaken she doesn't use heat protectant. I think I saw in her last video that she didn't use heat protectant. Her hair is beautiful. That sucks.

Ok I will confess not a Taren follower, but I have seen some of her videos and in one she mentioned that she didn't use heat protectant (this was a past video in which she had heat damanage). I don't see why she is a Youtube star, some of her techniques are a bit lacking (that's what I don't follow).

Not to be insulting but I have straighten my hair pretty much regularly for a year and I know other naturals that do at well. I have fine strands and this has not happened to me, not branging, it just showed its about technique. My real fear is that someone will copy her techniques and ruin their hair. I agree with lovely locks, some one with her texture should rollerset.

So sorry to taren and her followers. Not trying to be brash and I hope that the damage isn't permanent, but if you play wtih the hot stuff you need to know what you're doing.

Funny this is someone asked her did you use heat protectant...her response
@Syntavo Yeah, I definitely use a heat protectant when straightening.. I use a lot actually... But nope, it didn't help in my case.. Maybe it was just too frequent.. But get this.. 5 years ago.. I NEVER used heat protectant! Lol SMH
taren916

She still has no clue of when and how it happened.

I really hope she doenst have to cut as much as she saying she does. I dont know exactly how often she was straightening, but it sounds like a lot. Thats a big no-no in my book anyway. I'm guessing her next video will give us an update.

i am 27 seconds into this video and my niece (5) asks, "is she crazy?" bwaahahaha...

completely unrelated to the topic @ hand, but i needed to share.

i haven't watched the video yet...but i have noticed her curls looking less poppin lately...it was still nice, but just not as nice as before & her curls looked weaker...so i already thought she had heat damage...i hope she gets it under control though...she should find a better way to straighten her hair...a rollerset would come out so nice

I commend her for being so candid about her experience. Looking at her hair, I could easily tell she had heat damage for a very long time. All the while she was in her "denial", people kept complimenting her on her damaged hair. I thought that was interesting.

Her hair is so pretty. Is she against trying an intense protein treatment like aphogee 2 step or dudley drc?

I have heat damage and regular use of these made the limp curls pop right back... the straight pieces not so much.

I commend her for being so candid about her experience. Looking at her hair, I could easily tell she had heat damage for a very long time. All the while she was in her "denial", people kept complimenting her on her damaged hair. I thought that was interesting.

as long as its loose and silky, its all good. :look:

I really hope she doenst have to cut as much as she saying she does. I dont know exactly how often she was straightening, but it sounds like a lot. Thats a big no-no in my book anyway. I'm guessing her next video will give us an update.
She did an update video which stated she got her curls back.:look: I think she didn't deep condition her hair enough until she thought she had damage. I'd love to have hair that long and lush.:yep:

She did an update video which stated she got her curls back.:look: I think she didn't deep condition her hair enough until she thought she had damage. I'd love to have hair that long and lush.:yep:

ok can you post this video....b/c I can't find it either....

thanks!

I recently unsubscribed from her cause I wasn't feeling her hair anymore and after watching this video..I now understand whats was going on with her hair..it looks so different then when I first subscribed..I still luv her personality so I will probably resubscribe plus I am curious to see her journey back from the damage..On a personal note..I straightened my hair once in September and afterwards had breakage and straight ends..With the protein and DC, my hair is returning to normal..

her hair months ago with the kccc was beautiful. you cn tell there is a big difference.
however its her own fault. she had and acknowledged she had heat damage months ago so why straighten again?

i am subbed to her. I saw this vid when she put it up. Honestly even though i am subbed, i hardly watch her because her texture is not my texture , so if she ain't styling, I am not really caring, BUT looking at her old vids, i feel for her. some of us do go through our ups and downs, thinking our hair is invincible, etc. I suggested she try the two step Aphogee so we shall see.

I think the real question is: Who cut her hair into that beautiful curly style? Other than that and how she recreates that style at home, I don't know how much more she can teach us about hair. :nono:

But she is cute and her curly hair did look nice. :yep:

I remember watching one of her vids and she went to Devacurl? salon. the lady who wrote the Curly Girl book, she went to her salon and got her hair cut.

After watching her flat iron tutorial I really don't even understand how she got heat damage. She uses the comb chase method and only does one pass. plus she has shea butter oil in her hair which is a heat protectant :perplexed: I wonder what temperature her flat iron is on.

I think the real question is: Who cut her hair into that beautiful curly style? Other than that and how she recreates that style at home, I don't know how much more she can teach us about hair. :nono:

But she is cute and her curly hair did look nice. :yep:

At Devachan! And I love that salon...a lot! I also have a Deva cut and for the first time in my life...I actually love my hair.

Back