*TANGLE TEEZER* is the truth....

Moving sucks, but it's great that I lost my Denman ( :look: ) and coconut oil ( :look: ) somewhere during the move...or maybe just somewhere in this house. Now I can stop by Sally's to pick up a Tangle Teaser on my way to Trader Joe's for some more coconut oil. :look:

...I called ahead and it seems as though they have four left in stock... :look:

OK, ladies. I'd like to thank EACH AND EVERY ONE of you that raved about this miraculous little brush/detangler/scalp massager tool. I friggin' love it. I used it in 3 different ways:

METHOD #1: DRY HAIR

After viewing this thread and wondering what the big deal was, I hauled booty down to Sally's and picked up one. The lady told me they were moving like hotcakes and they only had a pink one and black one left. I thought to myself, "LHCF strikes again" (LOL). I ended up choosing the black one. I took it out of the package and immediately detangled my uber dry, tangled, very curly bangs right there in the car. It gently glided right through them like a hot knife through butter with little to no breakage (a miracle indeed). Test #1 passed!

METHOD #2: WET HAIR LOADED WITH CONDITIONER
Late this afternoon, I washed and conditioned my hair and used it to detangle my situation instead of my usual Denman. Ummmmm ... HEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOO!! Where has this thing been all of my natural life?!? Again, this glided through my hair like it was nothing, whereas my Denman ALWAYS scalps me. With this, there was hardly any hair in it (except the usual shed hair). I was astounded!! Test #2 passed (with flying colors).

METHOD #3: SCALP MASSAGER

Since my hair was wet, I wanted my sister to try it on her head to see if it massaged the scalp as well as I expected it would. She has mostly 4a/b hair, but it's very fine, so she hates detangling her hair. I used it on her dry hair to detangle it THEN she massaged her scalp with it (she said it felt wonderful). I can't wait to massage my own scalp with it.

So to reiterate: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for this latest product rave. I thought it looked like a toy and I scoffed at it initially, but I've never been so happy to be dead wrong!! This thing is about to be my new best friend. :yep:

I picked up the purple one before Christmas while on vacation but I just got the chance to use it today 12/29. I did my moisture pre-poo (aloe vera juice/oil and coconut oil) and then I detangled. I have not detangled since I washed my hair on 12/19. I've been wearing a braid & curl style and my Mommy wig.

The Tangle Teezer worked great. However, I always get great results with this method (using my denman) so I will have to try the TT on freshly washed hair and also on dry hair.

So far, so good. It did not rip out my hair but it does sound really loud, like hair is ripping out.

ETA: I found the TT with the synthetic hair. The cashier said they were told the TT was better for synthetic hair so they stored them with the synthetic phony ponies. They had a lot of them left when I went on 12/24.

Last edited:
:spinning:
OK, ladies. I'd like to thank EACH AND EVERY ONE of you that raved about this miraculous little brush/detangler/scalp massager tool. I friggin' love it. I used it in 3 different ways:

METHOD #1: DRY HAIR

After viewing this thread and wondering what the big deal was, I hauled booty down to Sally's and picked up one. The lady told me they were moving like hotcakes and they only had a pink one and black one left. I thought to myself, "LHCF strikes again" (LOL). I ended up choosing the black one. I took it out of the package and immediately detangled my uber dry, tangled, very curly bangs right there in the car. It gently glided right through them like a hot knife through butter with little to no breakage (a miracle indeed). Test #1 passed!

METHOD #2: WET HAIR LOADED WITH CONDITIONER
Late this afternoon, I washed and conditioned my hair and used it to detangle my situation instead of my usual Denman. Ummmmm ... HEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOO!! Where has this thing been all of my natural life?!? Again, this glided through my hair like it was nothing, whereas my Denman ALWAYS scalps me. With this, there was hardly any hair in it (except the usual shed hair). I was astounded!! Test #2 passed (with flying colors).

METHOD #3: SCALP MASSAGER

Since my hair was wet, I wanted my sister to try it on her head to see if it massaged the scalp as well as I expected it would. She has mostly 4a/b hair, but it's very fine, so she hates detangling her hair. I used it on her dry hair to detangle it THEN she massaged her scalp with it (she said it felt wonderful). I can't wait to massage my own scalp with it.

So to reiterate: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for this latest product rave. I thought it looked like a toy and I scoffed at it initially, but I've never been so happy to be dead wrong!! This thing is about to be my new best friend. :yep:

hmm.... since you are a close hair cousin of mine, this review is really helpful. thanks!

I bought this (in purple) at Sally's a few days ago. They had a good amount left, even though the woman there told me that people were buying it a lot. I just got around to using it today on damp hair. So far I'm really loving it.

To be honest, I hardly use combs and brushes, because I was afraid of causing damage to my hair, so I would finger comb a lot. I will definitely be using the Tangle Teezer often.

I bought one today...so we shall see. They only had two in the store.

O/T: The girl gave me samples of One n' Only Argan Oil Poo, Condish and Restorative Mask. She told me to come back for more samples next month as they offer more stuff.

finally got a chance to use the TT on DS' hair... now he's only 10mths and his hair is still in the changing process, but he HATES having his hair combed and since it's still baby silky soft in most spots I left it alone, just wash and go. Again because his texture is changing some mini dreads formed in the back of his head and I could not get them out without him crying.
PEOPLE -wet with conditioner, the TT melted his baby dreads away, in seconds and bigger than that, he did not cry, he did not wince yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Like a few women mentioned here, I too am a skeptic of most products and def. not an endorcer by any means. I still have to try this on my tenderheaded DD who has a lot more hair and whose texture is in the 4A and B range. But for now I can def. say it worked on DS and that made me very happy lol!

Here are my two cents...I lost way less hair then a denman brush. I wish I knew about this a long time ago..I would have a lot more hair than I do now. :grin:

I bought 2 of them today and I LOVE IT!!!

I lightly finger comb my hair, so today I figure let me see what happens on dry hair. I ran the tangle teezer through my hair with one swipe....not tangles and less hair.

mine just came in the post, i ripped it open and used it on my hair! OH.MY.GOODNESS!?!?!

I cant believe i had one years back and only used it on my weave!!!

this thing is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!! Thanks ladies i got the pink one and sorry denman use it outta!! whoop whoop!!

I have been using it almost everyday since my first post. I have about 1-2 hairs come out each day in the brush and zero hairs on the floor. I used it in the shower under running water for the first time this morning, and had to report that it was still gliding through my hair. I didn't feel it at all while brushing. I still love this brush!

Becareful everyone to store it correctly as noted in the directions. I wouldn't want anyones hair toy to get ruined. It's not cheap :)

Don't store it on the bristles or use hot tools with it. It is in the booklet :)

I have used this for awhile with mixed results. I am finding that the further along I am in my transition, the less it works. Last night I washed and conditioned my hair. I used in the shower, every stroke brought more hairs in the teezer, same with out of the shower. I have yet to have the brush glide through my hair except on the permed par or when I had little new growth. I like the scalp massage when my hair is finally detangled. Oh well, maybe this not for the transitioner :(

Finally got a chance to try my Tangle Teezer.

My thoughts:

-It works better on wet hair than dry hair. It is excellent for distributing conditioner through my hair and detangling those sections.

-I wish the back was made of a rubber instead of plastic for a better grip.

-It is so much gentler on my hair than my Denman.

-I will probably use it on wet hair only and use my Denman for smoothing out any kinks I missed.

Last edited:
If this hasn't been posted before, Sally's has these little morsels on sale for 8.99 this month.

Oh yeah, I went on ahead and bought one too. This little brush is amazing.:drunk:

Becareful everyone to store it correctly as noted in the directions. I wouldn't want anyones hair toy to get ruined. It's not cheap :)

Don't store it on the bristles or use hot tools with it. It is in the booklet :)

I'm storing mine in the original box. :yep:

I have used this for awhile with mixed results. I am finding that the further along I am in my transition, the less it works. Last night I washed and conditioned my hair. I used in the shower, every stroke brought more hairs in the teezer, same with out of the shower. I have yet to have the brush glide through my hair except on the permed par or when I had little new growth. I like the scalp massage when my hair is finally detangled. Oh well, maybe this not for the transitioner :(

I would say it's not for transitioners also. I'm relaxed now, but a few years back when I was transitioning, good Lord... It was very hard dealing with both textures. I haven't used this Tangle Teezer thing, but if it's anything like using just a regular comb, I could see how it'd be hard to run it through both textures.

I don't know how much of each type of hair you have (relaxed and natural), but with my own personal experience with transitioning, I had to bite the bullet and deal with the pain and jacked-uppedness of the two hair types until I cut the relaxed portion off. HTH :ohwell:

I bought the purple one and tried it out on my children's dry hair along with my co-washed hair and it is a winner!!

It combed through the dry hair and wet hair really easily and hardly any loose hairs.

I love how it feels on the scalp too!!

I need to buy a 2nd one as a backup!!!

^^^^Scented?!?!?! Whats it smell like?

I went and got it off of Folica a few months ago....i meant to get the Lemon scented one....but i accidentally bought the "dewberry" one.....i have no clue what a dewberry is but it smells somewhat like grape to me.

It doesn't linger in your hair though...but its fun:lol:

ETA: If you go to the Denman site they have the complete scented collection there....including the tropical coconut brushes....i REALLY wanted the Tropical coconut.....but for some reason the site wouldn't let me bc of my "cookies"....:rolleyes:...but thats fixed now.....daaaaaggggghhhhh!!!! Some other day!

I LOVE THE Tangle Teezer (TT). It enabled me to quickly detangle my hair and it left my strands very smooth even with air drying. My hair strands are so smooth that they resemble the smoothness of flat ironed hair and for me, that's never the case when air drying. At first I was scared of the TT, thinking it would rip out my relaxed hair but surprisingly enough, it didn't do any more damage and/or cause any more breakage than what any other comb would have done. Matter of fact, I think I lost less hair with the TT.

i just cowashed w/ organix coconut milk (it smells delish, but the slip is nonexistent...i think i'll use it in a spritz from now on) and then added some tresemme naturals for slip and then attempted to detangle w/ the TT...i like it...the only thing is im not used to detangling in sections and thats the only way i can get the TT through my hair so i kinda just ran my fingers through my hair and then smoothed it w/ the TT b/c im hair lazy...i only lost like 5 hairs!...another thing, i kinda used the TT to brush my hair back as if i were slicking down the front for a puff or pony and it did an amazing job and it was so sleek but my waves were poppin...i cant wait till i can wear buns b/c this would be a great alt. to a brush...i used the TT for like 20 minutes because i couldnt stop playing with it:look:, but i think it only takes about 5 minutes to detangle if i use a wide tooth comb or my fingers 1st, and 10 mins if i have to do it in sections (which i would probably never do)...

also did anyone get ridiculous curl definition from the TT? when i was finally done playing with it my curls looked like i set it on rods or something...it was almost 2 perfect so i tried to mess it up a little bit, but it started to frizz so i just let it be

igg2l2.jpg

2wdccqo.jpg

3127d6p.jpg

:wow: Your hair looks like you set it on rods!...mine don't look like that after the TT:lachen:

My hair is very, very fine. Would you ladies suggest this kind of comb/brush for hair like mine, or no?

My DDs hair is super silky and fine and so she would get strangly knots and tangles at the ends of her hair. The TT goes through these easily:yep: I think it works better for her than it does for me...

They are cuter in Japan or China or wherever that was. The ones here in the US look cheap

THIS THREAD!!! I just ordered this for 12 GBP. It had better work!

I hope it does.

Hmm, I am not sure if anyone has asked this yet and there are at least 11 pages to this thread so i hope you dont mind me asking again.
How similar is this tangle teezer to the denman brush (not sure about the spelling, sorry if I screwed that up) but, for the most part. I have used my denman brush for at least 2 and half years and swear by it. So if this thing is better, then I am going to consider getting it. It's just that the bristle look too little too. Idk.

I though so too, but hte denman rips through my hair and the TT is more gentle. I have to detangle on both sides of the section bc the bristles are short, but it still takes me less time and I don't have to use more than one tool (ie fingers then wide tooth comb then denman)

Thanks! I didn't read the whole manual

I´m a believer now, too! Today my hair was extremely tangled from not combing in ten days or so ( bad I know!) so I figured that I would try an old head massager brush that I didn´t use because it scratched my scalp. So I did a cowash and got to work. OH MY GOD! I NEVER have detangled my hair so fast and effortlessly! my texlaxed hair is VERY prone to tangles so I usually spend at least 3 hours detangling it. I am sold! :heart: That thing was in my dresser for YEARS! I am so mad that I didn´t try it sooner :wallbash: I could have saved so much lifetime - and it was so cheap, like 1 Euro.
Sooo ladies: If you don´t want to spend ten dollars/pounds/euros on this device, look for a scalp massager brush!

I want this but I can't justify buying it because my hair doesn't really tangle anymore. I had the absolute worst tangles when I was a little girl. When I was about 8 or 9 it got so bad that it turned into a big ball and my parents took me to the salon where the hairdresser couldn't deal and just cut my hair up to neck length and blew it out :(. I was a bit shocked and heartbroken. Nowadays I just don't get any tangles, I almost wish I did because I fear the reason for the lack of tangles is heat damage or thinner hair....

Back