*TANGLE TEEZER* is the truth....

I already posted about my experience with the TT, but I'm more than certain that I'm throwing away every other comb/brush I own...(ok, maybe not all of them :look:)

I used this on my 3 year old's hair today. Not one time, ever in her lfe has she gotten her hair washed and combed and not screamed at least 1 time. She was with her father for 6 days, so when she came home her hair was a hot mess! Her cousin did it in 8 ponytails. So I took each one down, added conditioner, used the TT, rinsed and put it back in to ponytails.

It was a breeze. It took about 4 passes of the TT to detangle each section. Then it did a really good job of smoothing down her roots. I honestly don't think I'll be using anything else on her hair. In fact I'm going back to Sally's to buy 3 more. One for every woman in my family. :yep:

Is this thing more gentle on the hair than an ordinary comb? Maybe I'll just get it to use as a comb, it's so tempting.....
To me, yes. I'm relaxed and find that the TT caused very little breakage. I used the TT majority of the detangling session and then resorted to picking the stubborn tangles out with my detangling comb. I love it because it not only detangles but smoothes the strand. I always struggled with having smooth strands when air drying...no more.

Shout out to @JJamiah for the recommendation!

I now own four of these. 2 are on backup should any cease in production occur.

Last edited:
I bought one today...so we shall see. They only had two in the store.

O/T: The girl gave me samples of One n' Only Argan Oil Poo, Condish and Restorative Mask. She told me to come back for more samples next month as they offer more stuff.

I bought one and something else at Sally's and got the Argan treatment, too, but I only got 4 bottles of the same sample. Lucky you to at least have gotten different products out of the line. My cashier was about 147 years old, so she probably couldn't see to know they were all the same anyway.

mwedzi....where you at, lady? :look:

:lol: Here I am. I bought one. A pink one, because I wanted one that was bright and contrasted against my hair so I could see exactly how much hair I was loosing.

I have used it once and it was pretty good, but I don't think I can give a real review on it yet. That's because I used it on hair that was already freshly detangled. I couldn't get to buy one in time and I couldn't wait to detangle and wash my hair. So I'll be back with a real review after the next couple of washes. My hair was just straightened, so I should wait a couple of washes to see how it works on my real texture. The little bit I tried, it seemed to work pretty well. I still had a little broken hair in it, but my hair always breaks, so it's at least no worse than any other tool I've used.

I would say it's not for transitioners also. I'm relaxed now, but a few years back when I was transitioning, good Lord... It was very hard dealing with both textures. I haven't used this Tangle Teezer thing, but if it's anything like using just a regular comb, I could see how it'd be hard to run it through both textures.

I don't know how much of each type of hair you have (relaxed and natural), but with my own personal experience with transitioning, I had to bite the bullet and deal with the pain and jacked-uppedness of the two hair types until I cut the relaxed portion off. HTH :ohwell:

I'm transitioning and I am over my 1 year mark.. I do get hair that comes out but its not a lot and I do have certain areas that are a beast.. I comb it 1st to and then use the TT.. I make sure I have plenty of Darcy's transitioning cream on my hair maybe that is what is helping me too. Also I DC on dry hair which helps along with my co-wash which is helping with the detangling..

Still loving my brush. A note about using it on 4b hair. You must use smaller sections. The brush will not penetrate larger sections like a denman would. The bristles are too short which I'm guessing is on purpose. My daughters hair is fine, thick and dense. When using the brush I do it on smaller sections, pull it taught and brush over under and around the section to get the best results. I find that holding the sections straight while brushing stops the recoiling until I can twist it out of the way if that makes any sense.

I bought another one yest. Can't be without it. I wish this could be used with a blow dryer. I can imagine the results would be much different than using a regular comb.

Sent from my LS670 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Can't wait to try mine on wet/conditioned hair. I used it during my 3 hr car ride to ATL this past weekend. I had SOOOOO many shed hairs that had just been hnging out in my head. And I really thought I had been getting them all this time. SMH. I will say that I got a few breaks using it. But I'm pretty sure that it was mostly due to the fact that I was using it on dry hair. So I am giving it another go tonight with conditioner filled hair and I will report back.

Is this thing more gentle on the hair than an ordinary comb? Maybe I'll just get it to use as a comb, it's so tempting.....

I think so:yep:

Still loving my brush. A note about using it on 4b hair. You must use smaller sections. The brush will not penetrate larger sections like a denman would. The bristles are too short which I'm guessing is on purpose. My daughters hair is fine, thick and dense. When using the brush I do it on smaller sections, pull it taught and brush over under and around the section to get the best results. I find that holding the sections straight while brushing stops the recoiling until I can twist it out of the way if that makes any sense.

I bought another one yest. Can't be without it. I wish this could be used with a blow dryer. I can imagine the results would be much different than using a regular comb.

Sent from my LS670 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I hold sections straight too

I bought one and something else at Sally's and got the Argan treatment, too, but I only got 4 bottles of the same sample. Lucky you to at least have gotten different products out of the line. My cashier was about 147 years old, so she probably couldn't see to know they were all the same anyway.

:lol: Here I am. I bought one. A pink one, because I wanted one that was bright and contrasted against my hair so I could see exactly how much hair I was loosing.

I have used it once and it was pretty good, but I don't think I can give a real review on it yet. That's because I used it on hair that was already freshly detangled. I couldn't get to buy one in time and I couldn't wait to detangle and wash my hair. So I'll be back with a real review after the next couple of washes. My hair was just straightened, so I should wait a couple of washes to see how it works on my real texture. The little bit I tried, it seemed to work pretty well. I still had a little broken hair in it, but my hair always breaks, so it's at least no worse than any other tool I've used.

Let us know!!!!

The 8.99 is in the Pro FLyer. I have the same and it is 8.99 normally for the pro's. 9.99 for everyone else

So JJamiah hipped me to the TT and I fell for it hook,line and sinker. It was AWESOME! I was scared that detangling transitioning hair with those little teeth would be breakage central, but nothing but shed hair came out. I haven't been able to detangle my hair wet ever since I started transitioning and this went through my hair like a hot knife through butter. I took pics of course b/c my curls never popped this much after trying to detangle.

Attachments

• curls.jpg
    curls.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 79
omg so i just went and bought a pink one today. my sally's lady (yes, i have my own lady :look: ) told me i'm the first person to buy one! i guess thats one of the perks of livin in the country! i don't have to compete with all yal lol. but anyway, this thing is AMAZING so far. my hair has been really tangled this week, from me doing braids on dry hair without detangling, trying to detangle dry hair with a denman or comb (all i heard was rip rip pop :nono: ) and flat twisting on dry tangly hair. so yeah, i got a mess on my head. :look: so anyway, i took it out of the package in the car :look: and tentatively started brushing a section of my hair. tell me why this thing had the nerve to just glide through my hair like a hot knife through butter? :drool: i'm so glad i got one. thank goodness. now i can just save my denman for styling. this tangle teezer is the ish. i really wish i could bring it to bootcamp with me, so i won't have jacked up set-back hair. ♥

This thing is awesome if you have problems with tangly hair while air drying. Rinsing under the shower stream after a CO wash was soooo amazing!

I have a section in the back left of my head where my hair just seems to wanna get together and tangle all the time. Even when I thought I got the tangles out in the shower with a bone comb, when I would get out it would be tangled.

I rinsed condish out using it and hair was smoooooth. Put my hair in a turban thingy until most of the water was gone, removed it, applied leave ins, oils and TT my hair thru. Let it hang to dry for awhile and TT my hair thru it again after adding a little more oil.

Hair dried tangle free. No tangles in the nooks and crannies. :grin:

I really hate you guys... I am officially a product whore!

I just went to Sally's and picked mine up for $9.50 with my beauty card discount! :grin:

I am still not a believer cause I have some thick and unruly 4B hair... but we'll see!!!

I have a Sally's card, but not a pro. Does that count?

No the Pro Card and Beauty Card are different.

I checked the regular sales paper and didn't see the TT in there for 8.99 only the Pro paper.

Maybe it is regional.

It is worth the extra dollar though. :grin:

That thing slid through my sister's hair like BUTTA! ...and it's a good scalp massage. :grin:

I think I'm in :love: guys.

So after giving it two more tries I've decided that I love this thing! Lol. It cut my detangling time way down. It will become a staple tool for me.

Back