Tallahassee Ladies-- where do you get your hair done??

I've been to chelsea's. Thats the first salon i tried since I've had to find a new stylist. It is an aveda concept salon, which i liked, and I actually may go back, but to a different stylist. I had Shana, who must have been fairly new since her prices were the lowest in comparison with the other stylists.

She told me that she doesnt relax bone straight, she leaves some curl in the hair, which I found interesting coming from a stylist, because I've never had a stylist tell me that, but I was okay with it cause my hair tends to be kinda flat. I did wonder how her other clients felt about that though, since I know how some women love their bone straight relaxer!

As always, she was kinda rough with my hair, but I'm beginning to wonder if every stylist is like that since this seems to be the common problem. The shampoo was the most intense shampoo I've ever recieved in my life-- and that is not a good thing! It was interesting, to say the least, VERY rough. She didn't deep condition, she just wrapped a warm towel around my hair for a couple mins, then rinsed me. Idk if its as effective, especially after a relaxer I want a good deep condition.

She actually got out a BRUSH to go through my wet hair, which I've never gotten that before. I was freaking out while she tore through my hair-- I mean, a brush is just the worst for my hair, especially when wet! And the brush was dirty-- I watched her open her drawer, and I saw a brush FULL of hair, then she closed it and I could see that she was looking around for another brush/comb to detangle my hair with. She returned, without one, and had stopped paying attention for a little, and before I knew it she had opened the drawer again, and started brushing my hair. She did it really quick, but I looked and saw that the brush with all the hair in it was missing. :perplexed She put me under the dryer, then took another girl, and used the same brush on her. Then when it was my turn again, she used it on me again! That kinda rubbed me the wrong way, but I wasn't sure of the sanitation rules, so I didn't say anything.

She criticized pretty much all of my products, which are all salon products might i add, and wanted me to go from washing once a week to once every three weeks. There is no way in heck I could do that! My hair gets greasy feeling, and weighed down, and breaks easy when its dirty. She just kept trying to chance my regime too much, and I've gone through years of trying out things, and have finally found what works for 'my hair', and I'm not changing it for nothin!

The style was the bomb though! I've got to give her that. My hair has never looked better, and I've never been able to leave a salon straight, and go somewhere. Usually I have to stop at the bathroom and fix it to my liking first, but it was really cute!

That's just awful! I know you won't be seeing her again!:nono: As for sanitation rules, she is supposed to sanitize every comb and brush after each client. If I am correct, I believe they are supposed to soak in Barbicide for atleast 30 minutes. Most good stylists usually soak their utensils overnight. As for the brush, they have a product that can automatically dissolve hair from brushes (I can't remember the name. Sorry). She needs to be trained on salon sanitation practices. I used to be a nail tech back in the 90's.

Are there any Indian stores in Tally? I wanted to check out some of the Indian products I hear about on the forum.

I've been to one near tennessee & magnolia st. I found all kinds of henna, amla, oils, etc.

If you take tennessee (going towards mahan) after you cross magnolia st. you will make that first turn to your left into a strip of shops, and it will be in there. I forget the name...

Sooooooo i just had to post an update on my stylist situation! Ladies, the hunt is over-- i am absolutely in love with Eric at Studio E!! He was gentle on my hair-- didn't tear through it with a fine toothed comb, and let me tell you, the style was the bomb!! Very full and fly :D I am so pleased, and the cost was reasonable as well. If you live in Tallahassee you've just got to see him!

Try Indian Bazaar in the Parkway Shopping Center, between Golds Gym and Beall's Outlet. You will find lots of products there, and the prices and very good, compared to the Indian store (forgot the name) at the corner of Magnolia and Tennessee.

Are there any Indian stores in Tally? I wanted to check out some of the Indian products I hear about on the forum.

Back