Talk me down!Talk me down!

landakaye

I want to relax my hair so bad. I am going on almost 11 weeks past relaxer and Im not stretching. I am transitioning. My hair is frizzy! And it is short so I have no clue how to wear it since I dont wanna put heat on it. Help me!!!!

put u some braids in so you dont even have to think about hair. trust me, if i didnt have braids in i would want to relax too......i am alamost one year post relaxer and have not chopped. been wearing braids and wigs. lots of new growth! look at some of the natural ladies' albums on the forum for inspiration.

:think: Wear it like Eva's hair!!! You could get some gel, pomade, or mousse and scrunch it up. That would look cute on you!!! :yep:

:naughty: Don't you relax that hair! :spank: If you're forreal about going natural, stay focused and don't let straight hair tempt you! ;)

Type up a list of all the reasons why you want to go natural and the reasons you no longer want to relax. Maybe that will help keep you focussed. Then you do whatever you have to do to make it...wear braids as suggested or twist outs, wear it like Eva like Poohbear suggested, wear a wig for a while, chop off the relaxed hair, whatever, just do what you gotta do to achieve your goal. You can do it. I gotta tell you I've been relaxed most of my life and being natural is one of the most wonderful feelings in the world.

Last edited:
put together a folder in your album of inspirational pics. Buy a natural magazine and post pics of naturals that you like on your mirror, near the computer, on the fridge, wherever...

jainygirl said:
Yeah, i agree with either braids or some cute cornrows. It's spring, cornrows would look really cute.
Jainygirl you have beautiful hair. You had beautiful hair before and you have beautiful hair now. You are an inspiration to me and I will follow your example if I ever transition. No waiting for years and years, I will just chop it off. That would cause less breakage for my hair.

I think your hair is long enough to do a "twist out/bantu knot twist out"! It will give you a peek into the natural "future" because it comes out really coily/curly/krinkly. Try that and see!

Looking at the natural hair albums SAVED ME!!! I highly recomend it! There are many times after viewing the albums of Seoul, AfashionSlave, Mel, DelightfulFlame, Carefree, Maestradiva, Divastate, Netta1, ...EVERYONE IN MY FOTKI LIST...I just sat back and breathed a sigh of relief and hope. My hair would one day be in all its natural glory.

Also reading on the benefits of going natural. There are so many books out there that show you what your hair can be and how healthy it will be. Reflecting on that keeps the goal in mind too.

It was so worth it to me. I just cannot imagine it not being the same for you.

Hang in there if you can and if you really want to.

Best wishes.

tryn2growmyhair said:
Jainygirl you have beautiful hair. You had beautiful hair before and you have beautiful hair now. You are an inspiration to me and I will follow your example if I ever transition. No waiting for years and years, I will just chop it off. That would cause less breakage for my hair.

Wow, thank you so much :kiss:. You know, when I B.C'ed i was just completely finished being relaxed. I was to a point where it didnt feel like i was giving up anything with my B.C. All i could see is the natural hair that I would be getting in exchange. You'll know when it's time and it wont be as hard as you think it might be if you ever decide to take that step ;). Thanks again -- jainygirl

Last edited:
You guys are so sweet! Thank you for the kind words and advice. I think I was just having a bad hair day then I looked at the new growth and was like "I can do this" plus I went out and bought two books to read so it made me feel better. Thanks again. I put my last relaxer in the mail to someone this morning so Im good LOL.

If going natural is really what you want don't relax your hair instead do something different with it. Keep it moiturized for real natural hair needs moisture, if you don't want to overload on products, remember water is the best moisturizer for hair and it will aide you in your transition trust me.

Also do some twists or braids and then sport a braid/twist out, or even try and get a straw set or roller set, they really hide the two textures and allow for a great style that can last up o two weeks depending on how you care for it.

And girl start stalking those natural photo albums I get my best inspiration by just doing that. It also give you a great idea of the progress your natural hair can make. :)

jainygirl said:
Wow, thank you so much :kiss:. You know, when I B.C'ed i was just completely finished being relaxed. I was to a point where it didnt feel like i was giving up anything with my B.C. All i could see is the natural hair that I would be getting in exchange. You'll know when it's time and it wont be as hard as you think it might be if you ever decide to take that step ;). Thanks again -- jainygirl
You are welcome. :kiss: Since coming to this board, I have really been tempted. I never thought that it would be this easy to take care of my relaxed hair without being dependent on a stylist, so I have had more confidence about the possibility of going natural. It also inspired me that your hair was so long when you cut it all off. I have worked really hard to grow my hair long, it would be easier for me to consider cutting it off if my hair was short, because there would not be a huge difference for me between a short relaxed cut and a short afro. It was inspiring to see someone with long hair who did the b.c. Also, I think that you are a type 4? I am also a type 4 and that was another source of the inspiration.

Anyhow, all of you ladies are great. Keep up the good work!

tryn2growmyhair said:
You are welcome. :kiss: Since coming to this board, I have really been tempted. I never thought that it would be this easy to take care of my relaxed hair without being dependent on a stylist, so I have had more confidence about the possibility of going natural. It also inspired me that your hair was so long when you cut it all off. I have worked really hard to grow my hair long, it would be easier for me to consider cutting it off if my hair was short, because there would not be a huge difference for me between a short relaxed cut and a short afro. It was inspiring to see someone with long hair who did the b.c. Also, I think that you are a type 4? I am also a type 4 and that was another source of the inspiration.

Anyhow, all of you ladies are great. Keep up the good work!

I'm 4b :). I used to get tempted all the time as well -- snip, snip :lol:. - jainygirl

Last edited:
Back