What lays your edges down??

I like Garnier Sleek & Shine leave-in conditioner...
But recently, I've tried Aveda Brilliant Universal Styling Creme, very nice!!!

I use JAM with the green top, put some on slick it back brush lightly then tie it down overnite and in the AM I'm good to go!

My solution is a bit different..

As a 4B texlaxed head NOTHING layed my edges down for more than 1hr. Soon after takin off the scarf in the morning my edges curled right back up. BUT that was when my edges were like 2 inches long...

Now that I've been focusing on really taking care of my edges they have grown to about 5-6 inches long.

Now they lay down beautifully ALL DAY with no gel at all. Just a little shea butter and I'm good to go. I'm really amazed.....I can't help looking at my edges every time I look in the mirror. :grin:

I believe just the weight of the extra length helps to keep them from curling back up!

NOTHING and I mean NOTHING will lay them down for more than an hour. The best thing I've found was using grease and water with a toothbrush. My edges are natural, fine and "fluffy". I've learned to accept that about my hair :yep:

NOTHING and I mean NOTHING will lay them down for more than an hour. The best thing I've found was using grease and water with a toothbrush. My edges are natural, fine and "fluffy". I've learned to accept that about my hair :yep:

I am serious about my edges, and I promise you that NOTHING will lay them down better than a Tancho Stick. My friend told me her Asian grandma used to use it. I think maybe they used it to help create all those elaborate Geisha hairstyles back in the day...anyhow, this bad boy will lay your edges down like nobody's business!

I am serious about my edges, and I promise you that NOTHING will lay them down better than a Tancho Stick. My friend told me her Asian grandma used to use it. I think maybe they used it to help create all those elaborate Geisha hairstyles back in the day...anyhow, this bad boy will lay your edges down like nobody's business!
What's a tancho stick and how do you use it?

What's a tancho stick and how do you use it?

Its the mother of all wax sticks. Commercial companies have all tried to make versions of it (i.e. Bed Head and several others) but they are all pretty bad. In my experience nothing comes close to the Tancho Stick. Its cylindrical and looks like a deodorant stick. You just glide it across your edges and go. Its like magic. I found this description online...

http://www.ballbeauty.com/tancho_stick.htm

"Tancho Tique sticks from Indonesia are made from natural ingredients. This old-fashioned styling product easily styles even the most unruly hair. Tancho pomade used to be a norm among men of our parents' generation but has since been replaced with the less greasy hair gel. Lavender scented."

Its not too greasy in my opinion...it gets the job done.

Its the mother of all wax sticks. Commercial companies have all tried to make versions of it (i.e. Bed Head and several others) but they are all pretty bad. In my experience nothing comes close to the Tancho Stick. Its cylindrical and looks like a deodorant stick. You just glide it across your edges and go. Its like magic. I found this description online...

http://www.ballbeauty.com/tancho_stick.htm

"Tancho Tique sticks from Indonesia are made from natural ingredients. This old-fashioned styling product easily styles even the most unruly hair. Tancho pomade used to be a norm among men of our parents' generation but has since been replaced with the less greasy hair gel. Lavender scented."

Its not too greasy in my opinion...it gets the job done.

Looks interesting... thanks so much for sharing! I sure will be looking further into this little miracle for sure!:yep:

Elasta QP Mango Butter followed by castor oil and my scarf for about 10 or 15 minutes...works wonders!! Helping my edges GROOOW too (finally)!

Mind you I am only a few weeks post but I find that Hollwood Olive Oil cream does the job nicely:yep:. I've also found the Fantasia Sparkelite gel to be effective as well. The tancho stick sounds great, I have many celebrities praise its wonders:rolleyes:.

Back