Tails All Over

Edie

I am sure a lot of you have gotten tails (you know those groupings of hair (anywhere from 10 to 20) that are longer than the rest of your hair. Well my head is full of them. They are all located around the perimeter of my head. Directly mid center at the nape of the neck, (3 inches longer). Both sides behind the ears, (2.25 inches longer). And the ones in the front is about 4 inches longer than the rest of the hair there. I just cannot figure all how these strands will grow at such a faster pace than the rest of my hair. What in the world is going on?

Nothing really, just one of those quirks that you have. Live with them or cut them to maintain. I have Tails too, but only on the side of my head above my ears...bizarre!

Yeah I don't know why that happens. I had a deep V tail that I finally got rid of. You either hide it with alot of curls or cut them off.

My all-over "tails" were passed down from my father. They can be a pain, especially when roller setting. I just live in happy harmony with mine. Even my stylist leaves them alone, though she hates roller setting with them, too. But, the tails are healthy so I don't bother cutting them any more. I really don't notice them too much because I wear my hair up or curly. If you prefer to wear your hair straight, they can be trimmed up a bit to look "neater".

Back