SYMPTOMS OF OVERPROCESSED HAIR???

Re: OVERPROCESSED HAIR???

Hey Jen!
wave.gif

When I saw your name next to this title I couldn't believe it. Let's see. Usually hair is limp and lifeless. It won't hold a curl to save yourlife. Sometimes it will break off in certain areas. It will look flat with no body. Do you think your's is overprocessed?

Hey DSD, yeah it's me.
frown.gif

My hair is limp and lifeless right now...it does hold a curl, but not for long. I thought it was due to the humidity here. It's not breaking although my ends need HELP! I haven't had a trim in 4 months so I'm wondering if I just need a good trim or if my hair is OVERPROCESSED.
frown.gif

It's very soft and has some body, but it seems like it's lacking elasticity.

nono.gif

Girl, it is possible that you need a trim. Especially since you are growing your hair from a tapered cut. It's harder to protect your hair when it is shorter. You may want to do some deep conditioning to restore your hair's elasticity.

The trim may help bring it to life if the problem is split ends. I have had this happen and got some hair trimmed off and it bounced back.

Usually after a chemical application the hair losses some elasticity anyway so do the deep conditioners and trim and see where that takes you!

Thanks, DSD! I've been deep conditioning like crazy with protein AND moisturizing conditioners...but I'll do the trim and see what happens.

****crossing my fingers***

Jen

Make sure you don't use too much protein. That can also cause your hair to be brittle. Good luck to you and keep me posted!

I will, girl you know this whole protein thing is starting to baffle me. I've been doing "light" protein treatments once a week and I was actually thinking about doing a heavy duty protein treatment like Nexxus Emergencee or Aphogee Intensive (the hard one). I'm all confused!!!
wallbash.gif

I'm hoping the trim does the trick!

Back