Switching Engagement Rings

Adiatasha

image.jpeg image.jpeg So I'm engaged :bling:

I've never thought about what kind of ring I wanted. I always imagined that I would go shopping for my ring with my fiancé. This was a complete surprise.
He said I can take it in and I guess change it if I prefer something else. I've just never looked before. I've never worn rings I figured I would just wear a wedding ring when I got married.

It seems like everyone I know has been dreaming about this day since they were in the womb.

This is what I have and I think I prefer a solitaire. Can I really take it back and trade it in? Is that offensive? Also, I know a diamond jeweler should he have gone to that person first?

I'm so behind....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    702.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
Congrats!!! I just exchanged mine a week ago and got my new one this week! I was really nervous about telling him I didn't like it as much because I didn't want to offend him and the one I really wanted cost thousands more. He was really supportive and didn't get defensive at all. Hopefully your FH reacts the same way, especially since he offered to exchange it first. You could always phrase it as though you've always imagined your engagement ring being picked out by the both of you and getting something classic and timeless like a solitaire to pass along to your children. A sentimental excuse or something lol

Team get the ring you want. Might as well get off of on the right foot, speaking your truth, asking for what you want, expecting that you will get it, and not feeling an ounce of guilt. It's a nice ring but I don't blame you. I'd prefer a solitaire as well. That doesn't look like an engagement ring to me. Tell him it's very pretty but just doesn't suit your taste. Your husband to be should want to see you happy so long as he can afford it. If he can afford three diamonds, he can afford one that you love. Get what you want and makes you happy. Love your fingernail polish. And congrats!

Eta:I think the problem is that the center stone doesn't stand out enough from the other two -- too similar in size.

Team get the ring you want. Might as well get off of on the right foot, speaking your truth, asking for what you want, expecting that you will get it, and not feeling an ounce of guilt. It's a nice ring but I don't blame you. I'd prefer a solitaire as well. That doesn't look like an engagement ring to me. Tell him it's very pretty but just doesn't suit your taste. Your husband to be should want to see you happy so long as he can afford it. If he can afford three diamonds, he can afford one that you love. Get what you want and makes you happy. Love your fingernail polish. And congrats!

Eta:I think the problem is that the center stone doesn't stand out enough from the other two -- too similar in size.

Nail polish is Lalapalooza thanks
That's the issue!!!! If the center stone was bigger than the other two....
Yep, solitaire. I'm just going to combine all three and get one :)

My outside friends are like " that's the ring that spoke to him " :confused:

Ignore them. This is setting the tone for YOUR marriage. You will be looking at that ring for years, night and day. It will be good practice for him to make sure his sweetheart is happy:).

I like your ring. my first ring was a 3 stone and I loved it. I wanted an August vintage cushion but I got a radiant cut. it was stunning though. unfortunately it got stolen.
my replacement was my dream august vintage cushion. I love it but I miss my original.
get what makes you happy but you might find yourself. missing the original if you're the sentimental type.

I agree with the last statement. My ring is 3 stone and at first the center stone was the same as the rest and it drove me nuts for over a year. I had the centered raised before Our wedding.

I'm also team get what you want. I have a girlfriend who went through like 4 rings before her wedding. But she's just crazy like that lol

Please don't listen to them.

one of my gfs doesn't even show people her ring because she accepted what he picked. Your ring should make you so happy you squeal in your head (maybe out loud too) when you look down at it.

Back