Sweetnic as a natural

Millah03 said:
Your hair is so pretty and it looks so soft. I already have hand in hair disease, so I know for sure if my hair felt as soft as yours look I would really be all up in my hair. lol

I love running my hands through my hair at night when I take it down from my afro puff. :lol:

See, I was just gonna lurk for a minute then bounce but girl, your hair looks FABULOUS!
It suits you very well :D

You hair looks gorgeous, congrats and welcome to the nappy side :dance7: That style suits you perfectly, you're very pretty and now I'm very jealous of you lol

classimami713 said:
Nice!

So, is your natural hair flat-ironed/pressed in your siggy?
My hair is in a sew-in weave in the siggy. Thanks though, this makes me feel liked i didn't do a bad job on the weave :)

DSylla said:
I like it!

Your makeup looks really pretty too. :)
Thank you DSylla and everyone else that complimented my pics! I'm making my way through the posts right now. I was cooking alll day yesterday and had a blast at dinner time :)

Mahalialee4 said:
Your pretty features are more noticeable and your eyes are so pretty. How long do you plan to grow it and are you planning to stay natural? Happy Hair Growing of some natural strong hair. bonjour
I plan on growing it forever and hopefully being natural forever or for a really long time. My hair is really HARD like my mom's so I need to master techniques for keeping it soft, touchable and comb-able.

tthreat08 said:
I think your natural hair is absolutely GORGEOUS! I really, really like it! You go! Your face is so pretty and this stye makes you stand apart from a crowd. It's unique...
Thank you so much! When my family saw me yesterday, they said, now this is the [Sweet_nic] I knew from back in the day. LOL...They said I look like my childhood self.

MissJ said:
Wow, that looks so cute! I didn't know you were transitioning!
Yes! It's been for about 16 months now but this is the first time it's been long enough for me to wear it out comfortably. I can't wait until it gets longer, though.

nubian_rose said:
You're pics are Beautiful.

I'm on a similar program, I've been transitioning through braids and sew-ins since december '04. I hope that when I'm through my hair is as thick and beautiful as your's...

Your hair looks really healthy, Great Job!!
One thing that I do is kind of soak my hair in a mixture of shea butter and an oil (sometimes grapeseed or MTG) right befor I braid my hair. This helps keep the hair moisturized and supple when you have in the sew-in . I also make sure to put the conditioner on every corn-row whenever I wash my hair.

I wasn't taking vitamins for most of my transition and my hair still grew thick but I can probably make it a lot thicker and stronger with a consistent regimen of vitamins. Are you taking any vits? If not, maybe you should start too. They make a world of difference.

Thanks!

Millah03 said:
Your hair is so pretty and it looks so soft. I already have hand in hair disease, so I know for sure if my hair felt as soft as yours look I would really be all up in my hair. lol
Millah, my hair is no way as soft as it looks but there are definitely ways to maintain a good look with hard hair. I'm trying to work on ways to soften it though but that may be a challenge - I have my mom's hair 85%. My mom's hair is even coarser than mine.

MeccaMedinah said:
Gwon gal! :grin: I was wondering if you were going to "go" natural. You look lovely as always :)

ETA: You may be my hair twin;)
You're right. I think I finally made the decision to "go" natural in July. I'm glad I finally let go of the relaxed ends because they really overshadowed my hair. It made my natural hair look scraggly for some reason. Once I cut the ends off, I saw fullness in my hair.

den1 said:
Very inspirational pics!! for 4bs like myself
Den, you are my inspiration! Your hair is gorgeous and it grows SOOOO fast!
Your hair looks more like a 3b/3c though. Are you sure you're a 4b?

Thank you everyone for the compliments and the well wishes on my natural journey. It made me smile late last night, after slaving in the kitchen for the whole day, to see so many responses. I love this board and I hope you all had a great holiday and for those not in the states - I hope you had a great day.

Back