Surge Challenge for 12 Months

[ QUOTE ]
LaNecia said:
I've got a question, I've searched the boards and I can't seem to find anything that explains what a CO rinse is. Can someone help me out w/this one. I didn't want to ask but....

TIA!!

LaNecia

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, its basically using your favorite conditioner in the same matter as you washing your hair with shampoo. But with conditioner washes usually the hair comes out softer and more moisturized. A lot of people benefit from this because shampoos are too drying, especially for those who wash more than twice a week.

Ayeshia thanks for the response. That makes a lot of sense. I will have to give that a try.

I've been using my Surge twice a day since last Wednesday and have started to experience a little sensitivity on my scalp so I'm going to skip a few days (getting a retouch on Friday) and resume probably next week using it once a day possibly working up to twice a day.

I should probably mention that I haven't been moisturizing my scalp at all while using it so that may be the culprit. My mom's not having any problems with hers (she's using carrot oil as a 'chaser' to the Surge).

Happy Surging...!

Well lookie hur! Wez got us a Surge challenge and guess who just got a bottle each of lotion motion #9 and Revitilizer 14; so yall know I'm in. I'm 10wks post relaxer now and will be getting a touchup on 2/7. I have between 2 and 2.5 inches of new growth now; my last touchup was 11/25. I'll take pics before and after touchup and then once a month.

Anyone knows where surge is in the bay area? I can't find it anywhere.
confused.gif

I started using surge about 8 days ago, and I can definately say that it has made my newgrowth extremely soft!!! Can't wait till I notice the growth. (kind of hard since I have tons of newgrowth already)

Update on scalp irritation issues:
Since my last post on 2/3/04, I've not used any Surge and been lightly oiling my scalp w/WGO on a nightly basis. The irritation is now nonexistent. My mom is still a happy camper w/hers.

If mix it w/an oil, like WGO, Carrot or some other liquified oil, will it mix or separate and be a problem for application?
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
DelightfulFlame said:
I started my challenge today. I use it twice a day, and conditioner wash in the mornings. My starting length is 2.5".

[/ QUOTE ]

DF, I'm glad you're joining the challenge. I visit your album frequently and love your hair. I admire those who do the big chop, 'cause I'm too much of a coward...LOL!

[ QUOTE ]
curlybun said:
I'm not sure if its just me but a week after I started using surge my urine is an extreme bright yellow. I didn't know where else to post this, but is anyone else experiencing this?
I haven't taken any vitamins since I started and the vitamins are what usually causes it to change color. Could surge be a topical form of essential vitamins?

[/ QUOTE ]

How much water are you drinking?

Surge should not affect your urine...unless you're drinking it! Sorry, had to go there or I would have a stroke from not allowing that silliness to escape.

Things you swallow affect your urine color. If it is not vitamins...it could be protein in your food, dehydration (not drinking enough water makes your urine concentrated and darker) too much soda, antibiotics, etc.

Definitely check with your doctor if this is a sudden change.

Re: Surge Challange for 12 Months

I enjoyed looking at your photo album. You have such a personality. It makes looking at the photos better.

I haven't tried Surge yet. I saw it in the store. I may try some out soon for a month. I am going to try to go without heat.

that was pretty funny pookeylou , I admit it was a weird question but I just had to ask. I have been drinking enough water but you're right that I might be dehydrated, it must be from this frigid and dry weather! Thanks for helping me figure out what caused it.

Thanks Reginia. I'm glad you enjoyed it and my silly commentary.
smile.gif

I have a couple of update pics in my album since I started Surging. Been close to a month now and I can see some pretty good growth. I'm trying to hang on and not take out my braids so I can play in my fro but it's getting hard. I'm hoping to make it to March at least. (I don't think that's very likely however.)

Back