Super Grow Out Challenge begins 1/1/05

This is a fun way to start the New Year. I even have a special section in my new FC organizer for this :bookworm: .

Add me!

Current length: shoulder length
goal length: bra strap, but aiming for armpits this year
Will try to be consistent in keeping my ends moisturized, scalp clean, protective styles to retain length, rollersetting instead of using the flat iron and always sleeping on a satin scarf and pillowcase.

Good luck everyone!

Dec62004-AfterWashing-Leftpichaircombedandre-braided-Rightpicleftsideofhaircombedoutandrightsidebraidedbutnotcombed.jpg

The left pic is how I have and will be keeping my hair for the rest of this 2005 in individual braids in the back and left out at the crown. Both pics were taken on December 6, 2004 after washing. The left pic is my hair after combing the braids and re-braiding them. The right pic shows on of the braids in the back combed out after washing just to show the length since my last relaxer was in February. My consistency will not be product-related but keeping my hair braided since this way has helped me retain more length.

Last edited:
I'm so excited about this challenge. I'm on the No Measuring Challenge so I will just say I'm past shoulder length but not quite bra strap. My pics are in my album under Super Grow Out Challenge. Good luck to all of you!

Hi everyone!! To all the ladies that names slipped through the cracks I will add you to the list. I will also add of the people who have joined today.

I feel the excitement. Ladies, your hair is looking great!!

@ Poohbear Thanks!! :grin: I get that a lot.

@ Princess4real It's just an iron on transfer. It' s really simple to do!

Hi DSD,

I would like to join today, too. My current length is past bra strap with some hair at my waist. Please add me to the challenge!

12/04 - Just added Surge (2x/day) to current regimen consisting of of baggie method, vaseline and buns.

Chicoro said:
Hi DSD,

I would like to join today, too. My current length is past bra strap with some hair at my waist. Please add me to the challenge!

12/04 - Just added Surge (2x/day) to current regimen consisting of of baggie method, vaseline and buns.
Glad to have you!! :)

Hello everyone

Here is mine:

Starting Point:

SGO.jpg

Goal: To be able to roller set on Teal rollers. Right now I am using yellow with a few oranges and tan. ( Is this unrealistic?)

Regimen:

1. Pre-Shampoo using various oils and conditioners

2. Shampoo using various shampoos

3. Deep Condition routing between protein, moisturizer and hair mayonnaise

4. Leave- In - Either NTM Silk Touch or Profectiv Break-free

5. Roller set using EQ Foam Setting Lotion, Moisture Mixture (that I made) and Profectiv Healthy End

6. Take Set down and add a little Serum and finger comb

7. Between Roller set: Dry Set each night adding a little Healthy Ends to the ends.

8. Mid Week: CO Wash

9. Maybe once a week wears my hair in a phonytail or bun

10. Starting Surging my weak spots

Bottom Line: To keep it simple and easy.

Relax every 8-10 weeks with Profectiv Relaxer

Drink more water

Last edited:
My current length is the top of brastrap. My regime will include the baggie/bun method and using surge twice a day.

I would like to be a part of this challenge, have not had a perm in 2 months and not sure when I will get the next one. Last check though shoulder lenght hair-current daily routine- surging scalp 2x a day also essential oils and shampoo and deep condition twice a week with motions and profective conditioner. Aphogee every 6 weeks for breakage and baggie/bun challenge every day for the past month and will continue for the 6 month challenge.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Since my hair is longer in the back than the front I will just say my hair is at the base of my neck. My regimine is in my journal.

Attachments

• Resize of carter0-R1-036-16A.jpg
    Resize of carter0-R1-036-16A.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Put me in. I'm curious to see where I am a year from today.

On 1.1.05, the tip of my V in the back is 2 inches(I think) away from touching my BS. I'm due for a trim in Feb.

Last edited:
My regime is in my journal.
12/02 and 1/04 comparison shot

comparisonoffreshwashedbraids-vi.jpg

1/05 Supergrowout pic - washed and braided hair
IMG_0009-vi.jpg

Good Luck Ladies!

Last edited:
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Count me in! I thought about wearing a wig or a weave to aid in my hair growth (less manipulation) but I've decided to go back to using Carolyn Gray's regime. I got the best results from using her regime.

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!!!!

----------------------
4a/b
Relaxed
Current length: 7" crown, (approx.) 5.5-6.0" sides & back

Happy New Year Ladies!!!!!

I'll use my avatar as my starting point. I just had a trim on 12/28/04. I am currently at 7 weeks post relaxer. I will relax my hair every 16 to 20 weeks. I haven't measured my hair, but it looks like I'm 1 inch past shoulders. My goal is bra-strap by the end of the challenge.

Good Luck ladies and Happy Hair Growing!!!!!

my starting length is 22.5'' ( a lil' past shoulder length)

products:
*organic root stimulator-
uplifting shampoo
mayo deep conditioner
olive oil ( not the lotion, the creme)
carrot oil (creme)
aloe shampoo
replinishing deep conditioner pack
olive oil sheen
*wildgrowth oil
*s-curl ( as a LEAVE IN CONDITIONER)
*jojoba oil
*creme of nature shampoo ( in the red)
vitamins: msm 1000mg, biotin 3000mcg, silica (horsetail) 500mg, flaxseed oil 1000mg, amino acids 1000mg, gnc ultranurishair

i wash between 1-3 days and deep condition 1-2 times per week. Good-luck to all and happy hair growing to us all! ( stay positive and don't give up, even when it seems hopeless.)

Last edited:
I dont know how to post a pic but Ill use my December photos in my album as my starting length.

My regimen will be pretty simple, I plan to start rollersetting tho' . The only thing thats really different is I plan to increase my protein intake(along with excerise) and take a b-complex vitamin.

Last edited:
Wildchild signing in:

Jan1-vi.jpg

Sry bout the link I was trying for so long to just post the pic, but oh well. You guys get the point. lol

I'm up in this camp!

Natural, 4B, 1/2 ear length.
Routine: No-poo weekly with VO5 tangerine tickle conditioner. African Pride hair oil for hot oil treatment. And StaSofFro for my leave in conditioner and daily moisturizer
To promote hair growth I will improve my body's overall health.

i want to join...my hair to bra strap in the back..and the sides and front are to chin length..i want all the grow even..will post pic.
GOAL is to waist lenth..

My hair regimine is very simple. I keep my hair braided in cornrows
most of the time 1-2 months at a time then i leave it down 1-3 wks
and give wkly protien treatments if excessive shedding occurs. usually it doesn't.
while braided I rinse sometimes daily wash wkly with suave clarifying shampoo
spray with surge 1-2xs daily spray with Worlds of curls activator 1-2xs daily
and i put mango butter or Jamaican twist and loc gel (really grease) on
my ends only or spray them with oil I am currently on the wig, water, and now the super grow out so the first 2 should help me along with the third.
starting length:about 8in root-tip or 20in hairline-tip about 4in from brastrap
i may try out some of the salon quality shampoos kenra etc.
Goal brastrap then tailbone with no mid shaft splits or tiny knots
hey i can dream cant I? I really want to increase from 4in to 6in growth per yr
PLEASE EXCUSE THE SCRAGGLY LOOKING BRAIDS I WAS WEARING A BUN RIGHT B4 THE PIC

Attachments

• 10105.jpg
    10105.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
msportugal said:
My hair regimine is very simple. I keep my hair braided in cornrows
most of the time 1-2 months at a time then i leave it down 1-3 wks
and give wkly protien treatments if excessive shedding occurs. usually it doesn't.
while braided I rinse sometimes daily wash wkly with suave clarifying shampoo
spray with surge 1-2xs daily spray with Worlds of curls activator 1-2xs daily
and i put mango butter or Jamaican twist and loc gel (really grease) on
my ends only or spray them with oil I am currently on the wig, water, and now the super grow out so the first 2 should help me along with the third.
starting length:about 8in root-tip or 20in hairline-tip about 4in from brastrap
i may try out some of the salon quality shampoos kenra etc.
Goal brastrap then tailbone with no mid shaft splits or tiny knots
hey i can dream cant I? I really want to increase from 4in to 6in growth per yr
PLEASE EXCUSE THE SCRAGGLY LOOKING BRAIDS I WAS WEARING A BUN RIGHT B4 THE PIC

This is EXACTLY what I am doing.
I just started with the cornrows, and I plan to keep them in for 2 months at a time. I SOAK my ends in shea butter followed by the baggie method. I am a bit lazy with the Surge and only do it once a day , about 3x a week. I thought about braiding my hair w/ extensions, but I am too lazy. I wish the local beauty school only charged $15. They charge $35, so I have to braid myself. Bra strap by the ned of this year would be great:) but we'll see.

To not break the no length check challange, I only took pictures of airdried hair. I am around 15 weeks post relaxer. I will be doing a mix of braids and protective styles...braidouts, twistouts etc. My starting pictures are in my super grow out challenge folder on fotki.

I want to join! count me in on this one too! :) I'm already on the crown & glory method challenge, so what could it hurt ?! :cool:

Back