***Summer 2011 No Heat Challenge***

Mmmm....just checking in. I've been co-washing and wigging it daily so I have no desire to use heat. Gonna keep this up until Christmas, take a quick break, and then keep it up until WL probably (this challenge will be over by then of course lol).

Can you guys PLEASE show heat-free styles that you are wearing? I'm running out of ideas here. I'm tired of twisting up my hair now, buns don't look well on me and umm...i need something flattering.

Here are some pics of some styles I've been wearing, mostly twist outs, braid outs, buns, etc lol (my pics are horrible, sorry)
twist out~2.jpg

mini twist out.jpg

twist out~3.jpg

^^^ yes they are...I look funny as hell with them :lachen:. I tried but thx for the suggestion

I have more pics on my blog in my siggy under Mommy Styles that I can't upload on this site. I don't know why all the pics I take with my camera it won't let me upload. I can only upload the ones from my phone, which are horrible

I'm going to use a partial pass today or tomorrow for a length check for the end of the HYH challenge.

Still staying strong. I've almost completely lost the desire to use it in my head anymore. :look: I need to do a length check and wanna blow out my fro for the holiday. Plus, I had a bit of a setback last week and need to see what damage may have been done. I may need a trim. I'll try to post pic(s) if I pull the blow dryer out. :blush:

I've been doing pretty good. I've used one pass already, and am saving the next one until after I have my baby. I've been wearing buns mostly, or my hair down that had airdried in a bun, or braidouts. Oh, and french braids (check the avi). :grin:

Currently in cornrows for 4 weeks (wearing wigs when I go out) and will be repeating this until at least Sept. This challenge is a breeze; no heat for me.

I'm using a pass today. Leaving for the week. Heading to texas and I want to show off my progress :lol: So um yea :look: when I come back, no more heat until Aug 22 for the new semester. Then I'm done after that.:yep:

I found a few styles that work for me during my time off from the heat. Enjoying them and so is everyone else.

Still going strong with no heat. Flat ironed a little in the back for my length check at the end of the HYH challenge. So far,so good. Just cowashing,twisting,braiding and wiggin it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

I did use a little heat a couple of weeks ago for my two strand twist. That is my last time using heat. This time, I just air dried my hair and did my mini twist and I love this way 100% better!

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

Currently in cornrows for 4 weeks (wearing wigs when I go out) and will be repeating this until at least Sept. This challenge is a breeze; no heat for me.
I can't seem to keep my braids in for more than a week/week and a half, probably made weekly washing and detangling too much of a habit now. :ohwell:Nothing else has changed though; stilling cornrowing and wearing a wig. I may try flat twists to see if that will be more gentle on my hair since I noticed a few really short hairs (could be new hair though, not sure.)

Checking in:
Okay now I'm ready. Last time I used heat was 8 days ago. I'm done for now, until aug 21

Checking in: It's kind of quiet in here. I'm maintaining well. Since I am about 90% natural now, I am rockin' a lot of wash n gos and when they frizz up, I throw it in a banana clip pinned towards the middle or side.

Only a week and half left before this challenge is over. I'm not straightening until I go home late Sept, so I have about another month left. Hoping it goes by fairly quickly and that I can stop obsessing over my hair in the meantime.

This is an easy challenge for me since I'm too hair lazy to want to do anything with my hair these days. I'm rocking bunned twists mostly...well, twists pulled into a flexi 8 ponytail and ends tucked under.

I've been doing pretty good. I've used one pass already, and am saving the next one until after I have my baby. I've been wearing buns mostly, or my hair down that had airdried in a bun, or braidouts. Oh, and french braids (check the avi). :grin:

Very cute avi pic!:yep:

I have only used heart once for my mini twist that I not care for. I will continue this probably until my bday in December.

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

Im gonna try this. I have only used heat once this summer. Ive been wearing braids and wigs all summer.

Back