Sulphur Mix Challenge 2013

I am thinking about trying something...how much sulfur would you suggest adding to about 2 oz of a whipped Shea butter, EVCO, EVOO, JBCO, vitamin E mix? I received my order of sublimed sulfur over 2 weeks ago but never did anything with it. I want to try it in my leftover whipped mix but not sure how much to add. My hope is that with the whipped mix, it won't be so loose and run all over my head and I will,have a lot more control. So how much sulfur do you think?

Its a thick soupy mixture. Think Cream Of Broccoli soup.

Its mixture of

1 oz. Hairitage Hydrations Black Coffee Butter (Coffee butter and castor oil based)
1 oz. Jamaican Black Castor Oil
1/3 tsp of Sumblimed Sulfur

Basically a butter, oil and sublimed sulfur.

Ok, looks like about 1/3 tsp per 2 oz. are you happy with your mix and the amount of Sulfur in it EnExit?

Applied the peppermint pomade. Love the way my hair smells after using it. I will try to use this every day for the next month.

Applying NJoys oil for an over night baggy with AOHSR and EVCO in the length. Still scared to use the sulfur I ordered and received in my whipped Shea butter mix. I'll get to it at some point. My stash at this point is 5 drawers deep and my husband keep looking at me sideways whenever I open a drawer. Oh well.

Oiled my scalp and dcing with Giovanni botanical con and a plastic cap for 30 minutes.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Jobwright - I started out with the liquid sulphur mix, but also found I couldn't control the flow (even with a small nozzle applicator). I ended up making a pomade using Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil as my base. It's nearly 8 oz. by itself, so I bought 2 and blended the liquid into the solid grease (kinda like how you would slowly add eggs to flour). It's super smooth and there no lumps or residue. I also freeze it for a few mins. before I'm ready to use it so it's nearly solid but still spreads easily.

Is it too much to use a sulfate free shampoo twice weekly (or every 4 days) after I apply NJoys mix? The oil is just too heavy for my fine hair. I don't want to waste the bottles of the mix I have and want to use them up, but I think I need to wash it out the next day EVERYTIME. Also, I fell in LOVE with Shea moisture Yucca and Boabab shampoo. My hair feels so light and fluffy and soft after. So... Is shampooing every 4 days too much?

Hi ladies! I haven't been on LHCF for years now and just resubbed since 2009! I had a very simple question:

I have cornrows in, just my natural hair and I have been using different oils mixed with sulfur. It seems that I have new growth already just after two weeks? Is this possible or am I just imagining the unimaginable???

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Hi ladies! I haven't been on LHCF for years now and just resubbed since 2009! I had a very simple question:

I have cornrows in, just my natural hair and I have been using different oils mixed with sulfur. It seems that I have new growth already just after two weeks? Is this possible or am I just imagining the unimaginable???

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Yes it's possible especially when you have your hair out of sight out of mind (PSing) bc you aren't over manipulating the hair. Take a look at NJoys progress and some of the ladies posted on her sight, also here. Her website is Mydivaspot.com and there are many success stories.

HPG

Is it too much to use a sulfate free shampoo twice weekly (or every 4 days) after I apply NJoys mix? The oil is just too heavy for my fine hair. I don't want to waste the bottles of the mix I have and want to use them up, but I think I need to wash it out the next day EVERYTIME. Also, I fell in LOVE with Shea moisture Yucca and Boabab shampoo. My hair feels so light and fluffy and soft after. So... Is shampooing every 4 days too much?

I don't see a problem with that since it's a sulfate free poo. Do what works for your scalp and hair especially if you get buildup. I figure as long as you are still dcing your hair and still doing everything else in your regi you should be fine.

HPG

Yes it's possible especially when you have your hair out of sight out of mind (PSing) bc you aren't over manipulating the hair. Take a look at NJoys progress and some of the ladies posted on her sight, also here. Her website is Mydivaspot.com and there are many success stories.

HPG

Thank you. I can literally flip my cornrows over and now my hands are in my hair once again. So it looks like I might have to get my 'rows' redone every 2-3 weeks.

Oiled w/ the Pomade Shop Coffee Pomade....I love that I can't smell the sulfur:)

I am truly impressed by the scents of her products. The Rosemary and Peppermint pomades I received (plumeria and vanilla scent respectively) smell great. Her shipping speed and customer service is awesome as well.

My only thing is I wonder if they will work the same as NJoy's oil.

Used Rosemary Pomade on my scalp. Didn't baggy.

Question for everyone: How many inches of growth do you see with your sulfur use? How much more progress do you expect to have by the end of the year (3 months)?

I want to pull off 2 more inches by December. :yep:

Used Rosemary Pomade on my scalp. Didn't baggy.

Question for everyone: How many inches of growth do you see with your sulfur use? How much more progress do you expect to have by the end of the year (3 months)?

I want to pull off 2 more inches by December. :yep:

I haven't really been measuring because I've started to transition but I got my hair braided again on thursday and the woman that did it commented on how much curly hair I have and its only been a couple of months since she last did my hair

Applied my oil yesterday under my dc.

Not sure how many inches I'm expecting to get. I'm going to go off of my komaza measurements bc I haven't measured myself in months. I would like to get at least 2 inches by the end of the year. Think I'm a slow grower though.

HPG

I am speaking into existence 3.5 inches from now till 2014. That's an inch a month and half an inch just because September already started! Let's GROW!!!! ;)

Anybody tried this? I want to start back applying oils. The last oil i bought ran out and it worked wonderfully specific growth was the name of it. Any recs ladies. I'm very skeptical about bandwagons.

image-2744004032.jpg

Last edited:
Back