Suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Leona28

Hi I have 2 questions..

Background: I have type 4 hair and when I air dry without putting my hair in a ponytail, the ends are pretty dry and matted. If I do put in a pony tail, the ends are still wet over night.

1. What are some tricks to help with air drying to prevent matting? Is there a good leave in on the market to prevent dry ends and matting?

2. Once hair is airdried, what are good flat irons currently on the market which are good for straightening airdried hair? Or should rollers become my new best friend?

I do own a GHD (1 inch), Remington Glass Flat Iron (1 inch) and Miniglider by Maxius. I've been considering to purchase a wide flat iron.
My hair is shoulder length.

Suggestions please..:)

Thank you

i tee shirt dry my hair first. now if i am just air drying and bunning, i go a little more heavy with product on my ends.

i apply a serum (argan oil) first, then i apply a leave-in cream

if i am going to flat iron, i will just use heat protectant

i use my hands to smooth my hair and ends while drying

or i use a blow dryer on cool, working from the ends to the roots. i use my hands to gently pull down and smooth to create tension.

first dry your hair as much as possible with the tee-shirt. it will keep your hair smooth and will soak up the water without causing tangles and frizz.

I use a tshirt for about 30 mins to soak up excess water, then I apply a light moisturizer and let air dry. If its close to bed ill braid it up. When I braid it takes longer to dry so if I'm in a hurry I sit under my hooded dryer. If I use my brow dryer I use carols daughter blow dry cream. Then I use Fantasia ICE heat protectant and flat iron using my CHI. They sell them at ULTA OR SEPHORA for about $100. I got mine at Costco for $60!

Back