Successul Air Dry!

northernbelle

Well, I took the risk, and it was well worth it.

My first air dry turned out wonderfully.

I followed Supergirl's suggestion re: allowing the hair to dry from a completely soaking wet state.

Once my hair was almost completely dry, I wrapped it up in ny satin scarf.

When I removed the satin scarf the next morning, my hair, including the ends, looked and felt really good.

I will continue to airy dry in the future.

northernbelle

I like airdrying as well since I took SG's advice. I have to out more product in my hair than she does, but it does look nice when I do it now - which is better than it was.

I wish I could COMB my hair once I airdry it tho. I have NO idea how people are airdrying and putting it into styles that involve combing and such.

I would be BALD.

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I like airdrying as well since I took SG's advice. I have to out more product in my hair than she does, but it does look nice when I do it now - which is better than it was.

I wish I could COMB my hair once I airdry it tho. I have NO idea how people are airdrying and putting it into styles that involve combing and such.

I would be BALD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am wondering the same thing. I try to avoid combing or overstyling my air-dried hair.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sithembile said:
What products did you use?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. I then applied Kenra Daily Provision, a wonderful leave-in conditioner. When partially dry, I applied Profective Root Health to the scalp, and Aveda Beautifying Compostion to the ends.

northernbelle

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:

I would be BALD.

[/ QUOTE ]EXACTLY!! If I airdry it's a wrap until I wash again.

Northernbelle, that's great that you had such success with air drying. I bet your hair will thank you for it if you are used to using heat.
smile.gif

To the relaxed or texturized ladies who say their hair is hard to comb after air drying: Are you using a gel or setting lotion that gives the hair a stiff feeling? I apply a leave-in conditioner when wet, then I might add a little Elasta QP Mango butter when it is about halfway dry. When it is dry, it is very soft and easy to comb, brush and style.
smile.gif

However, when I want to wear it curly and I apply gel, I can't comb it after it is dry or decide to wear it straight without washing it again because it will become big and poofy.
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
renee_n_3000 said:
Northernbelle, that's great that you had such success with air drying. I bet your hair will thank you for it if you are used to using heat.
smile.gif

To the relaxed or texturized ladies who say their hair is hard to comb after air drying: Are you using a gel or setting lotion that gives the hair a stiff feeling? I apply a leave-in conditioner when wet, then I might add a little Elasta QP Mango butter when it is about halfway dry. When it is dry, it is very soft and easy to comb, brush and style.
smile.gif

However, when I want to wear it curly and I apply gel, I can't comb it after it is dry or decide to wear it straight without washing it again because it will become big and poofy.
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you!

scratchchin.gif

Re: the Mango Butter: Well, in that case, I may just try to completely air dry my hair again the next time, using Elasta QP Mango Butter as you suggest.

Please understand: I am a recovering heat user.
laugh.gif

northernbelle

I'm glad everything worked out for you. I haven't airdried my hair in a while since I've been getting my hair down every two weeks but after my relaxer I'm going to wash my hair weekly.

I'm off to find those instructions by SuperGirl.

jennifer, when u get your hair done every two weeks are u just maintaining the style in between visits or do u do your own wash and sets in between?

[ QUOTE ]
northernbelle said:
[ QUOTE ]
sithembile said:
What products did you use?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. I then applied Kenra Daily Provision, a wonderful leave-in conditioner. When partially dry, I applied Profective Root Health to the scalp, and Aveda Beautifying Compostion to the ends.

northernbelle

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the Aveda product?

The Aveda product is a blend of essential oils. Jojoba is the main essential oil. It may also be used for skin, nails, feet.

northernbelle

Back