Relaxed ladies that air dry-Question

I either wrap it and then wrap it in a silk scarf or I put it in a ponytail and then twist or braid it to the end. If I am having a lazy day and don't feel like doing that then I'll make sure to comb it every so often while it is drying. I also apply oils to it like coconut or mango. the oil keeps the length stretched so it doesn't shrink as much.

Now that my hair is longer forget about it. I want to air dry so badly. But my hair won't be very straight. And becomes a TANGLED HOT MESS! It is so hard to detangle when I air dry. So I know I am going to get kicked in my teeth for saying this....I use the dryer.

Last edited:
Now that my hai ri longer forget about it. I want to air dry so badly. But my hair won't be very straight. And becomes a TANGLED HOT MESS! It is so hard to detangle when I air dry. So I know I am going to get kicked in my teeth for saying this....I use the dryer.
gurl me to my hair aint that long but it tangled like crazy it loves rollersets but i find it easy to sit under the dryer:yep:

Now that my hair is longer forget about it. I want to air dry so badly. But my hair won't be very straight. And becomes a TANGLED HOT MESS! It is so hard to detangle when I air dry. So I know I am going to get kicked in my teeth for saying this....I use the dryer.

gurl me to my hair aint that long but it tangled like crazy it loves rollersets but i find it easy to sit under the dryer:yep:

my hair use to get tangles soooo bad, after some careful inspection, I found that I had splits in my hair shaft, other than on the ends. so I had to do some serious DCing and protein for a minute to help fix what I could. Now, my thing is using much less product. I watched a couple of macherie's tutorials and with all her hair I was using two or three times more product than she was even though I had less than half her length. lol I've cut waaaay back and I find that it actually air dries better

I air dry and what determines how straight it turns out is how much product I put on my hair (leave ins/oils..etc) and how loosely I swirl my hair in one big bun in the back. It has a lot of body but it wont be bone straight due to the slight bend from the bun.

RZ~

Ok So I think I found a solution:grin:....Monday I air dryed with leave in cond and mango butter and wore my hair wavy. Then Monday night I sprayed by hair lightly with water and put it in six bantu knots and tied my hair with a scarf overnight. This morning I undid the knots and put it up in a high ponytail with a cute puff of curls. It was easy and I loved it, so this is what I will do from time to time when I am too lazy to roller set.

Thanks again with all of your idea's!

Ok So I think I found a solution:grin:....Monday I air dryed with leave in cond and mango butter and wore my hair wavy. Then Monday night I sprayed by hair lightly with water and put it in six bantu knots and tied my hair with a scarf overnight. This morning I undid the knots and put it up in a high ponytail with a cute puff of curls. It was easy and I loved it, so this is what I will do from time to time when I am too lazy to roller set.

Thanks again with all of your idea's!

If you get the time please post pics, I would like to see how that turned out...then you can post a tutorial so your fellow wavy hair can try LOL.

M.

Its the combing that kills me. You cant comb air dried hair:nono: It will break while your combing it:sad:

I agree. I can comb my airdried hair for the first 12 weeks or so post-relaxer but I wouldn't dare do it later into a stretch. I am 17 and a half weeks post right now and I have to finger comb after a wash now. I only comb after flat ironing when I'm this far into a stretch.

i cant air dry for nothing. my hair came out with wave like strands i ended up putting it in a pony tail and my when my boyfriend saw me was like ...umm...ever since then i knew WnG's are not for me. i wanna know why mine waves up and wont be straight, all suggestions are appreciated. i have one pic of my failed WnG ...i will post if any one wants to see...but dont laugh!

i'm still tryna get the hang of the whole air drying thing, but so far my hair doesn't like it. just like OP said, it comes out slightly wavy, and like someone else mentioned, its like it breaks when u comb it. i dunno. i really wanna do it. i will try some of these things suggested, but i dunno. well see.

If you get the time please post pics, I would like to see how that turned out...then you can post a tutorial so your fellow wavy hair can try LOL.

M.

Here are some pics...

Attachments

• IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
When I finishing rinsing out my DC, I apply my leave-ins (elasta qp htwo & ntm silk touch) then I tie a scarf around the front and let the rest hang dry. It doesn't poof up but I occasionally run my fingers through it to smooth it out. Thats it. When its 80% dry I moisturize and seal...

Air drying is not for me! I have tried and tried and my hair still comes out crinkly and the ends are frizzy. Even with a fresh relaxer my hair still dries wavy. My hair takes forever to dry. I noticed that after cowashing my hair it would still be wet in the middle for at least a day and a half. I find that its better to airdry to about 80% and blow dry the rest of the way. But using a blow dryer seems to defeat the purpose.

I'm relaxed and i airdry all the time. But I usually put it into a style....like a pretty bun or in plaits for a braid out....and let it airdry that way.

Back