stylists and rat tail combs

Piscesgirl718

I usually stretch my relaxer out for 12 weeks. After 12 weeks, I have a ton of new growth, but my hair doesn't look any longer after a touch up. Like many stylists, mine uses a rat tail comb on my hair.Why are so many stylists in love with that damn thing? Why do they insist on raking the comb through your hair in an attempt to "detangle" it? My hair always comes out in clumps when it gets combed like that. I think that is part of the reason why I haven't been retaining length.

girl, you better tell that stylist of yours to stop using that comb :nono: if needs must bring your own combs and INSIST she uses it, i mean who rakes a small comb or any comb infact as an attempt to two textures?? :perplexed tell her to STOP IT or find another stylist

Last edited:
This is where you are going to need to speak up and tell them to use a wide tooth comb and/or you would like to detangle yourself.

Yeah I feel your pain. This is the reason why I stopped going to salons. I couldn't bear to watch my precious work be ripped out of my head. Like other said tell her something if she refuses to listen then move on. It's your hair you should have a say in what is done not to mention your paying.

Back