Stylist told me that I needed a trim every 2 months... + Pics!

Okay so this post is about hair and No homo but your legs/skin are freaking GORGEOUS!!!!

I haven't trimmed in like a year or more so I have nothing else to say lol

The more I think about this, the more it makes me very suspicious:rolleyes::

You have been able to grow your hair out to near BSL (GREAT accomplishment) yet a stylist that has worked on your hair ONCE (she is not even the person you had the appointment with and has no history with your hair) declares that you HAVE to get your hair CUT (presumably by HER) every TWO months (STEADY INCOME for her salon) without waiting to see how your hair or ends look in the future said TWO months time……why CUT?

Why didn't she recommend a series of deep conditioning treatments?

Its like she had already decided that your hair length has got to GO and there is not other way to prevent future damage, so you should not even try...:nono:

I would not even let her touch my hair again!

P.s. Maybe I'm overacting....but I've read too many horror stories from women putting faith in a "so-called" professional who did more harm than good!

Especially where NATRUAL black hair is concerned, I think the industry is very miseducated.

I would hope she's not just trying to make more money for herself. I don't think Too Groovy is that kind of salon. Plus, since I live out of state, I wouldn't be able to go to her that often.

Miss J you look wonderful and your hair is feirce!

I am making an announcement To ALL natural haired ladies please keep stylist and anyone else brandishing scissors AWAY from your hair on a regular basis.

We don't need trims that often if ever in some of the ladies cases. It is more of a case of dusting unless you want to maintain a blunt cut look. Some because they are more prone to split ends may need more constant trims but this does not seem to be the norm from what I have viewed.

Okay, Mscocoface stepping off of soapbox. :yep:

Last edited:
MissJ your hair is beautiful! Please do not let any one trim your hair if it does not need it! Stylist will say almost anything to keep you dependent on their services. If your goal is to retain maximum length, then do not trim your hair that often.
You are pretty, you have have a tight, curvy figure AND you have long hair. It's as if they gotta take something away from you....might as well chop the hair away!:nono:...I may be a little paranoid from my relaxed salon days; but that was my experience.:sad:
Many of my female hair dressers would trim my hair at almost every visit. I finally wised up and found a male stylist who wanted to see my hair flourish. As long as you keep your ends well-moisturized and don't abuse heat they will not split and break.
And remember no one loves your hair like you do!

WHAT?! Do NOT let that stylist tell you that you need your ends trimmed! :nono: Next thing she'll be trying to give you the Rihanna cut saying you "needed" it. :nono: Your hair is gorgeous! :yep: So nice and lush! :lick:

I do see growth. It looks like by trimming regularly you are allowing the shorter parts to catch up to the longer parts. overall I think it looks very good. The growth looks to be in the overall hair, if you could baggy your ends at night would that help you to not have to trim as often. also, at your length, don't your ends still brush your clothing when it is twisted? could be the reason for the splits.

MissJ your hair is beautiful! Please do not let any one trim your hair if it does not need it! Stylist will say almost anything to keep you dependent on their services. If your goal is to retain maximum length, then do not trim your hair that often.
You are pretty, you have have a tight, curvy figure AND you have long hair. It's as if they gotta take something away from you....might as well chop the hair away!:nono:...I may be a little paranoid from my relaxed salon days; but that was my experience.:sad:
Many of my female hair dressers would trim my hair at almost every visit. I finally wised up and found a male stylist who wanted to see my hair flourish. As long as you keep your ends well-moisturized and don't abuse heat they will not split and break.

ITA completely with the bolded.

Thanks, I didn't really look at my ends when she said they needed trimming. I just took her words for it. If I can get your blowdrying method down, I may not need to go to her any more.

Thanks, I didn't really look at my ends when she said they needed trimming. I just took her words for it. If I can get your blowdrying method down, I may not need to go to her any more.

Pinkskates blowdry method is the truth!!!

WHAT?! Do NOT let that stylist tell you that you need your ends trimmed! :nono: Next thing she'll be trying to give you the Rihanna cut saying you "needed" it. :nono: Your hair is gorgeous! :yep: So nice and lush! :lick:

I think I'd die if I left a salon with the Rihanna cut. :lol:

Back