Students- Christmas break challenge?

choconillaprincess

I'm a college student & i'm on Christmas break for about one month & I know I'm not the only one!

I know that I'm not gonna be doing anything but bummin around the house and eatin :fat: :spank: lol... So I wanted to take this time out to take optimum care of my hair & attempt to create good habits!

Rules:
1. Choose a bad habit you want to break-Mine is over manipulation- I detangle all the time and do styles that should last 2 weeks and take them down the next day!

2. No heat- 2 free days (but please try to keep it to a minimum!) I thought this would be for Christmas Day & New Years Eve

3. Regular washes/Cowashes- For me this is everyday you can specify your own but you must stick to it! I mean really what else do you have to do?

4. Keep hair wrapped and/or baggied when bummin around the house- I know i'm not the only one who will wake up & "do" my hair for no reason! If you aren't doing anything, or worse sleeping all day make sure it's protected. I suggest baggying to keep it constantly moisturized.

5. Wear styles that keep your hair off your winter gear whenever you go out- I suggest doing protective styles like twists, braids, buns, etc. but i know i love to let my hair show so you can also wear a pretty pony (or if you're natural you can wear a puff) just be sure to keep it well moisturized tho!

6. DC every wash- This is very important ladies with the harsh weather & dry heater!

7. Do something extra!- with all this time (& christmas money) on your hand let's go the extra mile- choose something to add to your routine to promote growth- a growth supplement, vitamins, head massages, extra protein in your diet, more water, wutever- I'm gonna pick up oil rinses, pre-poo, and MN

Other fun things to do:
  • You can try out new styles and share or play supermodel & show us the photos- we can all be bored together!
  • Make your own homemade products & share the recipe & results
  • Whatever else you can think of to do to kill time.
*Also feel free to check in & update & chitchat as much as you feel like cuz we have nothing better to do anyway- beside u'll be spending most of ur time on LHCF anyway if ur anything like me!
*You don't have to be a student to join, just sum1 with extra time on your hands!

Awww, this is so cute! I'm in.

I know I will be rarely leaving the house during break so I have nothing better to do than take care of my hair. My break starts Friday so technically I can use heat before then :lol:

I'll stop playing in my new growth and over manipulating.

I'll be picking up scalp massages, rollersetting, and treating my hair more gently.

Last edited:
I'm a college student about to go on Christmas break so I might as well join this challenge. Here's what I plan to do:

1. Get hair relaxed (much needed!)
2. Prepoo, Shampoo (1 lather), Deep Condition Weekly
3. Try my MN Mix (2 tubes MN, 3-4 tbs Kemi Oyl, 3-4 tbs BT, little bit of Surge)
4. Wear my silk scarf whenever I'm in the house (and even when I can sneak it outside :drunk:)
5. Moisturize my hair every night and seal with oil even if I never took off my scarf
6. Massage scalp every night
7. Continue to take my vitamins
8. Continue to drink lots of water
9. Only flatiron my hair twice, if not just once
10. Trim my ends 1/4-1/2 inch

Last edited:
This is cool.

Okay, I am going to work on lower manipulation and better combing techniques.

I will pick up scalp massages, eating more veggies and better pin curls. I iwll also get a trim.

I also need a relaxer retouch.

Shoot I'm not gonna be doin nothing much sittin around the house eatin bon bons LOOL I'ma In it. I aced most of my finals lol so lets see if I can ace this one!

1. Choose a bad habit you want to break-Touching my hair every moment of the day/and over manipulation

2. No heat- Hey can we rollerset?!

3. Regular washes/Cowashes- Since I have fine hair I'ma shampoo wash once a week and co wash every 2-3 days

4. Keep hair wrapped and/or baggied when bummin around the house- Dang this one is gonna be hard lool! I'm jsut so happy my hair looks healthy so I wanna do it and wear it down all day LOOL

5. Wear styles that keep your hair off your winter gear whenever you go out- lol what winter gear? Boo I live in Mississippi; it's 65 degrees loool

6. DC every wash- I'm already doin this w00t w00t!

7. Do something extra!- I'ma try 6 glasses of water a day, MN, and oil rinses

Krazy- Dang you sound like ur from Jackson! I'm from mississippi too! gulfport so it's hot as heck & humid... but tell me why i've been wearin my scarf & coat anyway... i figure maybe if i pretend it's cold my dreams will come true!

can you airdry your rollersets? i'm natural but i was never a rollerset girl even when i relaxed so i dunno how it would work...

gymfreak- I'm really interested in pincurls... can you do it on natural hair?

Krazy- Dang you sound like ur from Jackson! I'm from mississippi too! gulfport so it's hot as heck & humid... but tell me why i've been wearin my scarf & coat anyway... i figure maybe if i pretend it's cold my dreams will come true!

can you airdry your rollersets? i'm natural but i was never a rollerset girl even when i relaxed so i dunno how it would work...

I believe so.

This is sooo smart!
I already keep my hair in a baggy for days at a time when I am home, but I will also
1. try to stop playing with my hair:wallbash:
2. get into the habit of taking my vits again and drinking water so it will be easy when I go back to school
3. no heat (as usual)

after that I need to work on beauty in general but this will remind me to keep on task with my hair!

Shoot I'm not gonna be doin nothing much sittin around the house eatin bon bons LOOL I'ma In it. I aced most of my finals lol so lets see if I can ace this one!

1. Choose a bad habit you want to break-Touching my hair every moment of the day/and over manipulation

2. No heat- Hey can we rollerset?!

3. Regular washes/Cowashes- Since I have fine hair I'ma shampoo wash once a week and co wash every 2-3 days

4. Keep hair wrapped and/or baggied when bummin around the house- Dang this one is gonna be hard lool! I'm jsut so happy my hair looks healthy so I wanna do it and wear it down all day LOOL

5. Wear styles that keep your hair off your winter gear whenever you go out- lol what winter gear? Boo I live in Mississippi; it's 65 degrees loool

6. DC every wash- I'm already doin this w00t w00t!

7. Do something extra!- I'ma try 6 glasses of water a day, MN, and oil rinses

I'm from Mississippi too!!!! :grin: I go to school in Ohio, but I'm coming home for Christmas. I'm so looking forward to 65 degrees. It's been icy here. I've had to scrape solid ICE off my car and risk busting my head on icy stairs just to get to school. I can't wait to come home.

I'm in on the challenge. I want to cure my hand in hair syndrome. I need a touch up badly. I have a huge test and I haven't had any time to get my hair done. My hair is jacked up right now. I have edges popping all over the place. :lol:

Im in even though I have to get up and go to work on the weekend, I can still try to do more for my hair.
Rules:
1. Choose a bad habit you want to break-Stop playing in my hair when Im bored, and combing when its dry
2. No heat- Im always in a wig or a curly weave(Love my Wagmans deep curl) so I never flat iron or blowdry my hair

3. Regular washes/Cowashes- I will Co-wash every two or three days, and make sure to deep condition and prepoo
4. Keep hair wrapped and/or baggied when bummin around the house- This part will be easy.
5. Wear styles that keep your hair off your winter gear whenever you go out- Im going to try to get braids before school starts back, i just got a relaxer on the 6th and im already tired of my hair
6. DC every wash- Yea Im really bad about this, I will apply deep conditioner early in the a.m put on plastic cap and skull cap(body heat) wake up and finish the rest.
7. Do something extra!- I will get my ends trimmed, practice doing my own kinky twist, getting my ayurvedic game up, mixing up oils and powders in my slow cooker, drinking more water, and my acv, working on my mn mix (I got some ideas):couchfire:

• You can try out new styles and share or play supermodel & show us the photos- we can all be bored together!
*Also feel free to check in & update & chitchat as much as you feel like cuz we have nothing better to do anyway- beside u'll be spending most of ur time on LHCF anyway if ur anything like me!
*You don't have to be a student to join, just sum1 with extra time on your hands![/quote]

Rules:
1. Choose a bad habit you want to break-Manipulation and heat. I mean, I need to leave the heat alone. I'm only a couple of weeks away from my birthday and I'm keeping my hair in braids until then.

2. No heat- I'm going to a holiday party so I might rollerset with heat that day, or blow out my hair.
Maybe my birthday, as well.

3. Regular washes/Cowashes- I co-wash everyday... nothing new.

4. Keep hair wrapped and/or baggied when bummin around the house- Yea, this is a must with me too. I need to buy new shower caps. Baggying works, and profective makes great baggy creams.

5. Wear styles that keep your hair off your winter gear whenever you go out- Braids and braidouts. I might get some senegal twists when I go home. Can you wash those?

6. DC every wash- I skipped this step last night. Oh well!:perplexed But, I found that the Pantene Rinse, in the shower works just as well for mid-week DCs.

Do something extra!- Vitamins and heavy on the fish oils.
Other fun things to do:

Last edited:
I wanna be down: like Brandy says: i'm doin nothin but workin 9 - 5 and exercisin: do that Bill-ay!!!!!

We'll say No direct heat then...

I'm from Mississippi too!!!! :grin: I go to school in Ohio, but I'm coming home for Christmas. I'm so looking forward to 65 degrees. It's been icy here. I've had to scrape solid ICE off my car and risk busting my head on icy stairs just to get to school. I can't wait to come home.
Wut part? it seems like no one is from MS! Girl you better get your shortpants out! Today i wore a strapless dress:burn: It's really shouldn't be that hot!:nono::endworld:

This is great. I was already planning on doing most of these things over break anyway.

Rules:
1. Choose a bad habit you want to break-playing in my new growth, get better at detangling my hair.

2. No heat- I don't use heat anyway.

4. Keep hair wrapped and/or baggied when bummin around the house- yeah I really need to work on this.

5. Wear styles that keep your hair off your winter gear whenever you go out- I live in NC and its been like 70 here all week....we do have occasional days were it is freezing though.

6. DC every wash- do this *almost* every-time. :)

7. Do something extra!- well I am going to finally try henna and I am going to get a relaxer.

Ladies, Id love to join you, but.......IM GRADUATING tomorrow!:drunk: wootwoot! lol :) Its a good thing too bc the stress of working full time and going to school full time was gonna make me bald...

I'll join you guys.
1. Choose a bad habit you want to break- over manipulation, laying down without my satin scarf!
2. No heat- I can do no direct heat.
3. Regular washes/Cowashes -1 shampoo, 1 cowash/week
4. Keep hair wrapped and/or baggied when bummin around the house- - yeah i've been doing this the past week. i feel like an old lady with my bonnet on all the time though
5. Wear styles that keep your hair off your winter gear whenever you go out
6. DC every wash - I'm definitely bad about this. At least 20 min under the dryer every time.
7. Do something extra!- I'll get my vitamin, protein game up. Try oil rinsing.

Other fun things to do: I'll practice my rollersetting, and finding cute updos while I have the time!

Thanks chocanilla for starting this challenge!

Congrats leslie_c on ur graduation!

Does any1 have a good suggestion for a DEEEEEP conditioner?

I'm going shopping today...
this is wut's on my list:

• Some cheapy 2% MN (probably not the vaggie cream tho)
  • Sulfur 8 butter
  • Another oil or 2 maybe Hot Six or Doo Gro or EVOO
  • (^^^this is all for my MN mix)
  • Some DC i hear Lustrasilk Cholesterol is good

1. Choose a bad habit you want to break- i'm in protectives (twists that are pinned up) right now, but i want to touch my hair less

2. No heat- CHECK!

3. Regular washes/Cowashes- will be baking soda/conditioner washing and deep conditioning every 5 days

4. Keep hair wrapped and/or baggied when bummin around the house- CHECK!

5. Wear styles that keep your hair off your winter gear whenever you go out- like i said i'm in protectives, i also keep my hair covered.

6. DC every wash- CHECK!

7. Do something extra!- i want to improve my diet and water intake. AHHH!

Congrats leslie_c on ur graduation!

Does any1 have a good suggestion for a DEEEEEP conditioner?

I'm going shopping today...
this is wut's on my list:
  • Some cheapy 2% MN (probably not the vaggie cream tho)
  • Sulfur 8 butter
  • Another oil or 2 maybe Hot Six or Doo Gro or EVOO
  • (^^^this is all for my MN mix)
  • Some DC i hear Lustrasilk Cholesterol is good

Thanks chica!

ORS replenishing paks are my all time favorite deep conditioner....I havent found anything that compares....although u know that wont stop the PJ within me from trying lol.

I'm in on the challenge. I want to cure my hand in hair syndrome. I need a touch up badly. I have a huge test and I haven't had any time to get my hair done. My hair is jacked up right now. I have edges popping all over the place. :lol:

LOOOL! I know....I'm 8 weeks post and my hair is wanting to kill me....in 2 more weeks I might look like Physcho Bob off of the Simpsons or something. AND YEAHHHH I'm from Jackson!! I packed all of these sweaters and coats for NOTHING when I came home from school!! I'm around hea wearing camis and skirts like it's summatime :( I got on this hott ass sweater today....just pretending like it's gonna snow anytime now....:nono:

Im in, I already planned on doing this, lol. However I am taking a mini-semester. i guess I can wear a scarf to class though... nobody to impress anyway:rolleyes:

Im going to take fish oil and MSM

Ill rollerset before i go to sleep once and a while too.

WHOOT! WHOOT! College girls unite! I'm looking forward to not doing anything and chillin with my hair in a shower cap...I mean plastic cap. Anyways, I'm off forever (i.e. a month) and not doing anything with my lfie. I know, I'm lame.:perplexed

p.s. I'm in

We'll say No direct heat then...

Wut part? it seems like no one is from MS! Girl you better get your shortpants out! Today i wore a strapless dress:burn: It's really shouldn't be that hot!:nono::endworld:

I'm from a really little town about 30 miles east of Jackson. Morton.... IDK if you've ever heard of it....

LOOOL! I know....I'm 8 weeks post and my hair is wanting to kill me....in 2 more weeks I might look like Physcho Bob off of the Simpsons or something. AND YEAHHHH I'm from Jackson!! I packed all of these sweaters and coats for NOTHING when I came home from school!! I'm around hea wearing camis and skirts like it's summatime :( I got on this hott ass sweater today....just pretending like it's gonna snow anytime now....:nono:

I cannot WAIT!!! :woot: This cold weather is not doing it for me. :nono: I've been at school bragging about going home and putting on short sleeves and wearing cute shoes (instead of boots ALL THE TIME). I don't have to worry about being all ashy because it's cold. :lol:

Ppl are really getting tired of hearing about it when they're staying in OH where its all cold and stuff.

dont forget about me. Are we taking any pics???????? when does this challange end i vote 12/13/07----01/13/08

1. Choose a bad habit you want to break-over manipulation hand in hair
2. No heat- a press b4 i return back to school
3. Regular washes/Cowashes- no can do:wallbash:
4. Keep hair wrapped and/or baggied when bummin around the house- baggie
5. Wear styles that keep your hair off your winter gear whenever you go out- individual braids
6. DC every wash- OKAY
7. Do something extra!- try and continue and drink 1 cup of carrot juice every day, apply MN mix every day

I will join this challenge as well.

1. Choose a bad habit you want to break- combing my hair!! Only once a week.
2. No heat- Im throwing my blowdryers out!
3. Regular washes/Cowashes- Will be doing co washes every day, wash every two days, indian tea rinses every other day.
4. Keep hair wrapped and/or baggied when bummin around the house- baggie with my satin wrap.
5. Wear styles that keep your hair off your winter gear whenever you go out- I have in a sew-in weave.
6. DC every wash- I cant really deep condish with my weave in, but I will be taking it out every two weeks. When I take it out I will dc.
7. Do something extra!- Drink water, and take vitamins

My end date is January 15th.

Back