strange question.......

silvergirl

I've heard alot of people mention that when they stopped using a relaxer they noticed that their hair went from a redish dark black color to the natural midnight black color of their hair. Apperently the relaxer had caused some red pigment to deposite onto the hair
confused.gif

I have the exact opposite "problem". my hair when it was relaxed was a jet black color, an ever since I stopped relaxing 11 months ago the new grown is coming out in a med-dark brown color? (I've been relaxed since i was 4). Is it possible the relaxer made my hair darker than it actually was..or is it possible I never knew what my true color really was. Has anyone had that happen to them or known anyone whoes hair color lightened after they stopped perming their hair.

From what I understand relaxers strip the top layer of color from the hair. The reddish-brown is what most of us have as the "highlight" or second color underneath dark brown. Perhaps you just have a darker second layer of color than most people(?) Just guessing...

Back