Straight Hair Natural's Support Thread

The Sally Hansen version of PM serum does nothing for frizz!!! I literally have to apply it every single day and blow dry or straighten my hair.

I am a Wen girl and for the last 2-3 weeks the only products I have used are Wen and my hair stays nice and straight with body, minimal reversion.

I use the cleansing conditioner(twice in shower) put some in as a leave in then use the serum and blow dry and flat iron my hair...it is in a short bob (sides-chin length, back, at top of neck) and the style stays that way pretty much all week. I put a bonnet on at night and all I do in the morning is add a bit more oil and comb and brush into place.

ETA: Pic

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    660.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
@SlimPickinz thank you for these! Do you do all of these? The top one looks challenging. I'll watch the tutorials later on. From the still pic in the last one that style looks like it would look great on you because of the length of your hair. What is your regimen since you've been working out and not flat ironing? Do you wash more and then air dry/style?
I've been washing twice a week and using a t shirt to soak up most of the water. Then I'll twist it up.

Yes maam. I would not have any hair left if I tried it at 415!:eek:
I will be watching you. I was interested in this system but Chime's video scared me off. Thanks to these posts, though, I realize she also had her flat iron way too high. I never flat iron above 350 and usually at 325. Super high heat scares me. But I'd like to wear my hair straight more often.

I work out several times a week though, and the roots look crazy after the 2nd work out. I have to wash my hair weekly too because of the workouts.

I will be watching you. I was interested in this system but Chime's video scared me off. Thanks to these posts, though, I realize she also had her flat iron way too high. I never flat iron above 350 and usually at 325. Super high heat scares me. But I'd like to wear my hair straight more often.

I work out several times a week though, and the roots look crazy after the 2nd work out. I have to wash my hair weekly too because of the workouts.
Hair still on my head. No damage. And most importantly no ssk! Heat is around 350 to 365 at all times with a straightening brush. That only gets it blow out straight but that's all I need.

I will be doing treatment #3 in a cpl weeks. In between I regular wash and dc and ALWAYS use heat protectant regardless of the system. I first use a blow out serum and use the tension method if not rushed (comb attachment if rushed). Then the IC serum for the straightening.

The day or 2 before washing ive begun spraying it with a protein leave in and let it revert with that light protein "treatment" and use a mild reconstructor with ceramides prepoo a cpl hrs before wash day.

So far so good. No problems.

Last edited:
Hair still on my head. No damage. And most importantly no ssk! Heat is around 350 to 365 at all times with a straightening brush. That only gets it blow out straight but that's all I need.

I will be doing treatment #3 in a cpl weeks. In between I regular wash and dc and ALWAYS use heat protectant regardless of the system. I first use a blow out serum and use the tension method if not rushed (comb attachment if rushed). Then the IC serum for the straightening.

The day or 2 before washing ive begun spraying it with a protein leave in and let it revert with that light protein "treatment" and use a mild reconstructor with ceramides prepoo a cpl hrs before wash day.

So far so good. No problems.
Thanks for the update. How long are you waiting between treatments.

I saw Michelle O's hair this weekend and got jealous. I wanted straight hair. My hair never gets that straight though.

I was using too high heat on my hair as well. I set it at 370, but when I used my irresistible me flat iron, it got straight at 300.
Be careful. Even if you aren't concerned with loss of curl pattern, the high heat will cause breakage. What flat iron are you using now if not the irresistible me one?

Be careful. Even if you aren't concerned with loss of curl pattern, the high heat will cause breakage. What flat iron are you using now if not the irresistible me one?
FHI platform. I really like it. Breakage never occurred to me at all! I don't straighten all that much, but this is good to keep in mind!

I straightened with 300 degrees last night and Chi Silk Infusion. I think I was too heavy handed with my dc, because my hair feels weighed down. I keep forgetting that Kerastase masks are concentrated.

Thanks for the update. How long are you waiting between treatments.
4-6 weeks.

As another update I swear my hair is reverting faster. Like its getting used to the product? Idk... I had similar probs with relaxers where it seemed my hair resisted the treatment. Weird.

The good news is the hair is fine. Obviously reverting as it should. No issues. I also am keeping up with the henna treatments on top of the ors straightening product

Just used it's a 10 silk express miracle smoothing balm to straighten. I'm conflicted on this one. It was the only product I used. I used less than a dime sized amount. My hair is shiny and so soft but my hair is so stiff. Not lightweight at all. I wonder if it was this or if it was because I used Joico Moisture Recovery to deep condition. I don't usually use that to deep condition when I straighten. Maybe that weighed my hair down? I'll try it again in 2 weeks but I won't use Joico. If the same thing happens I'm only going to use the silk express for blow drying for stretched curly styles until I use it up.

Just used it's a 10 silk express miracle smoothing balm to straighten. I'm conflicted on this one. It was the only product I used. I used less than a dime sized amount. My hair is shiny and so soft but my hair is so stiff. Not lightweight at all. I wonder if it was this or if it was because I used Joico Moisture Recovery to deep condition. I don't usually use that to deep condition when I straighten. Maybe that weighed my hair down? I'll try it again in 2 weeks but I won't use Joico. If the same thing happens I'm only going to use the silk express for blow drying for stretched curly styles until I use it up.
I flat iron DD's hair semi regularly and had to switch her from Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm because her hair was much stiffer when I used it before flat ironing. It really is too heavy/greasy if you want movement after a flat iron IMO.

I flat iron DD's hair semi regularly and had to switch her from Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm because her hair was much stiffer when I used it before flat ironing. It really is too heavy/greasy if you want movement after a flat iron IMO.
You are so right. When I flatiron I go heavy on moisture so I usually use either Aussie Moist 3 minute or Paul Mitchell super charged moisturizer. They both give me perfect swinging hair. My hair really likes Joico so I'll keep using it weekly but will just have a separate regimen and products for straightening. Now next time I can see how the its a 10 silk express really works.

I tried its a 10 silk express smoothing balm again. It was OK. Gave me very light swinging hair. My hair wasn't as shiny as last time so I credit Joico for that. I like this product and will keep it in rotation. I still feel like I like Paul Mitchell super skinny better though but it's not a heat protectant right?

You are so right. When I flatiron I go heavy on moisture so I usually use either Aussie Moist 3 minute or Paul Mitchell super charged moisturizer. They both give me perfect swinging hair. My hair really likes Joico so I'll keep using it weekly but will just have a separate regimen and products for straightening. Now next time I can see how the its a 10 silk express really works.

I use Joico Kpak Intense Hydrator as a deep conditioner when I straighten my hair. The conditioner is very moisturizing and it is light weight. I stopped using the recovery balm a couple of years ago because it is too heavy for my fine hair. It felt like I was deep conditioning with Vaseline.

kp-intensehydrator1.png

@KammyGirl Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum can be used as a heat protectant. That's what I use and I love it. A little goes a long way.

@MilkChocolateOne I just bought that but haven't used it yet.
Really?! I wanted for it to be a heat protectant so bad because it would be the only thing I use ever again for blow drying my hair but I didn't see that mentioned anywhere on the label and couldn't find anything online saying so.

Back