Still using Boundess Tresses?

because of all the stuff i heard about BT I ordered a bottle. Still waiting on it to arrive so I can join in on all the results you guys are having.....

hopefully it will be here this week.

i stopped bc of the bumps and the smell when it hit the sun, I have almost a full bottle, i think though there was some growth...

autumnbeauty29 said:
I have also noticed this. Are you using biotin? I read in some other posts that using biotin without another B vitamin can cause breakouts, but then again I am close to my cycle coming so that may be the culprit.

I am proud to say that my hairline did thicken because of it and I did stop using it for about 4-5 days because I was moving to my new place! Although in the beginning I notice my hair was drier and somewhat hard to the touch I just had to keep it VERY moisturized.. hey NO PAIN NO GAIN- It's almost time for a new bottle and I am thinking about purchasing the unscented due to my finances. Does it have a "bad" odor because I know that its base is sulfur or does it just have no scent as it's label claims? I'm wanting to save a buck but not sacrifice a stinky scalp:lol:

Nope, this is the only thing new to my regimen...well Iron tablets...oh and protein drinks. Maybe its not the only thing new :confused: :lachen: But it is the newest.

I suspect BT...it took about three weeks. My plan (if it is BT) use nightly for three weeks, then skip a week if necessary! We'll see let me know!

iCandey said:
i stopped bc of the bumps and the smell when it hit the sun, I have almost a full bottle, i think though there was some growth...

I agree with you on when the sun hits it, Since I have a Twa I would use it and be outside and we know heat & sulfur don't mix especially when you have short hair like me LOL!!!

All I smelled was sulfur at work today. I kept hoping that nobody else could smell it, but i'm sure if I could, then everyone else could. It wasn't even hot inside... and I have the scented...

Pixel Lady said:
Nope, this is the only thing new to my regimen...well Iron tablets...oh and protein drinks. Maybe its not the only thing new :confused: :lachen: But it is the newest.

I suspect BT...it took about three weeks. My plan (if it is BT) use nightly for three weeks, then skip a week if necessary! We'll see let me know!

Gurl are we on the same reggie??!! LOL I started about 3.5 weeks ago too and the bumps showed up about 3-4 days ago I assuumed it was just me so I didn't pay much mind.

But I attribute it to somethhing bigger now BT<-- its YOU but I still luv ya :lol:

I just ordered my 2nd bottle last week. I'm now waiting on it to arrive. I can't wait to get it.

hOnii said:
All I smelled was sulfur at work today. I kept hoping that nobody else could smell it, but i'm sure if I could, then everyone else could. It wasn't even hot inside... and I have the scented...

Really? I applied mine the morning before I went to work yesterday too, and yeah I smelled it, but I smelled the sweet goodness. I don't know. I haven't experienced this thing in the sun either. Of course I smell a bit of sulfur but mixed with the other stuff it is not a BAD smell IMO..

One thing though is the running, I mean my damn, I had to wipe the sides and back of my neck like all morning long. What I wish I could change about it if anything would be a penetrating oil. I don't think I applied an excessive amount and I wouldn't even apply it to my edges, I'd apply it to the middle and hold my head back and let it run down and even then I could feeeeel it running down through my scalp, I guess it must penetrate sooner or later but I don't like that way it seems to just 'sit there' on the surface and run all over the place when I first apply it.

I haven't been as consistant as I should be. The first 2-3 months I was using it like nobodie's business, but now I've slowed down to once a week if I remember.

I'm just not good at constantly applying stuff. I also think I'm unconsciously slowing down because my hair has been recently relaxed and I don't want too much new growth to soon since I won't relax again for another 6 months.

Do you have to pour it on or can you apply it with a Qtip or something. I dunno if I can handle dripping. Also, does she send an email when your order ships? I ordered 4 days ago and haven't heard a word.

Well, for you ladies that are applying BT and its running down your forehead and neck, you are applying too much. Put some on your fingertips and massage your scalp with it...it works just as well without all the running of the product down your face/neck area.

As far as the smell goes, I don't have that problem. I guess because I only use a very small amount (remember, a little goes a long way) I don't have that sulphur/bad smell some of you are talking about. Also, I use mine in the evening before I go to bed, so maybe also that works well because by the morning, the smell has dissapated.

I encourage you ladies to continue on with it if you are able to. The stuff works very well and I'm getting the best possible growth with it for sure.

HTH...blessings!

I ordered through paypal and got a response when my order was shipped (along with a tracking number). You can also try e-mailing her or pm'ing her through this board.

SkinnyMocah said:
Do you have to pour it on or can you apply it with a Qtip or something. I dunno if I can handle dripping. Also, does she send an email when your order ships? I ordered 4 days ago and haven't heard a word.

No, apply it with your fingertips and massage it in. Wash your hands afterwards though.

I don't remember if she sends an email or not, but you do get the email from either USPS or UPS letting you know that your package is in route.

Give her a little time....she is very busy i'm sure with all the orders she gets, she will get it to you asap. It took about 1 week to get my order, so maybe she is working on yours as we speak.

HTH....blessings.

I've gotten some GREAT growth using BT, it's definitely a staple for me. My hair line has really filled in nicely as well.

Nice & Wavy said:
Well, for you ladies that are applying BT and its running down your forehead and neck, you are applying too much. Put some on your fingertips and massage your scalp with it...it works just as well without all the running of the product down your face/neck area.

As far as the smell goes, I don't have that problem. I guess because I only use a very small amount (remember, a little goes a long way) I don't have that sulphur/bad smell some of you are talking about. Also, I use mine in the evening before I go to bed, so maybe also that works well because by the morning, the smell has dissapated.

I encourage you ladies to continue on with it if you are able to. The stuff works very well and I'm getting the best possible growth with it for sure.

HTH...blessings!

I'm going to have to start applying it at night again before I tie my hair up, for some reason I started doing it in the morning this time. That'll definately help curb the running the next day.

Well, I hope to be chiming in after the next few weeks. I checked my tracking and it should arrive today. My post office closes before I get home so I made sure that I called the post office, spoke with the carrier and begged him to leave the product on the porch. I told him that I would take my chances. He laughed and said, "you got it!"

I'm so ready. I have some breakage that I refuse to cut. You can't tell unless I wear my hair bone straight. I'm going to wash tonight, roller set it, apply the BT and keep it in loose pin ups for a while. I don't sleep with pins in my hair so I'll be able to "BT" it nightly and re-pin in the morning.

I'll be sure to take pics.

SkinnyMocah said:

If it's dripping you are using way way way too much. I apply the nozzle to my scalp and as soon as a lil drop is in the part I rub it in. I have no problems with skin irritations from it.

I use BT with no running and no problem. There is a nice floral smell but it isn't strong at all. It's not drying out my scalp at all. I use it less often than most (every other day or once a week depending). I'm not sure about enhanced growth, it's too soon to tell, but my hair is thick and healthy.

Use a light touch with BT...or any oil for that matter.

Yep :yep: Still using. I have been lazy with using it all over. I have been using it mostly for my thinning edges daily.

RZ~

autumnbeauty29 said:
Gurl are we on the same reggie??!! LOL I started about 3.5 weeks ago too and the bumps showed up about 3-4 days ago I assuumed it was just me so I didn't pay much mind.

But I attribute it to somethhing bigger now BT<-- its YOU but I still luv ya :lol:

LOL! Sounds like it! I just remembered I started putting it on my eyebrows :scratchch could be why I have the bumps. My eyebrows are starting to fill in (years ago I had some damage done with wax) Oh well...I'll know, after start again, then the next three weeks will tell me.

Did you stop or slow down with the usage?

I got my bottle yesterday and even though I'm washing my hair tonight, I still applied yesterday.

I took the advice and decided to apply it at night. I pushed the tip of a safety pin down in the nozzle creating a tiny hole. I figured I'd open the hole bit by bit. Surprisingly, that one little hole works for me. It literally comes out in a small drop. I barely have to squeeze. I went through my whole head and massage each part and then massaged my whole scalp before I wrapped it for bed.

I could smell it through my scarf (probably because I got excited with using it) so I put a t-shirt over my pillow and slept. The scented fragrance is really nice and the sulfur smell is hardly noticeable.

This morning, I took my hair down and it the strands were soft and silky-feeling.

I'm looking forward to great results.

Thanks naturallady!

I got mines last night. My b/f was looking at the bottle wondering what it was...lol

Anyway I put a small hole in the bottle and use droplets on my scalp and rubbed it in before I went to bed. No bad smells or anything else happened. The only thing that I noticed was that this stuff overpowers how my moisturizer usually smells.

I would use tonight too but I am concerned that something might go wrong with the weekend heat wave we are expecting and since I have to work I don't want to walk around smelling funny. I am probably being overly paranoid but I rather be safe than sorry.

Also here is a question: Is there anything BT can't be mixed with? The only leave in I am using now its CD's HHB but I just wanted to see if there is anything that can't be used with BT

Fine Chyna,

I feel you on the paranoia of tomorrow's expected heat and humidity. I'm washing my hair tonight in preperation for the heat and will do a curly updo. I think instead of the whole head, I'm going just put it on my trouble spots.

FineChyna said:
I got mines last night. My b/f was looking at the bottle wondering what it was...lol

Anyway I put a small hole in the bottle and use droplets on my scalp and rubbed it in before I went to bed. No bad smells or anything else happened. The only thing that I noticed was that this stuff overpowers how my moisturizer usually smells.

I would use tonight too but I am concerned that something might go wrong with the weekend heat wave we are expecting and since I have to work I don't want to walk around smelling funny. I am probably being overly paranoid but I rather be safe than sorry.

Also here is a question: Is there anything BT can't be mixed with? The only leave in I am using now its CD's HHB but I just wanted to see if there is anything that can't be used with BT

I don't see why not. Mix it with what you are using and see if that helps with the smell or not.

Remember ladies, there is Sulphur in this product so BT will have some kind of smell...expect that. However, the fragrance is nice enough to use alone (that's what I do) and it doesn't bother me or anyone else around me...actually my dh likes the smell.

Blessings...:p

autumnbeauty29 said:
I have also noticed this. Are you using biotin? I read in some other posts that using biotin without another B vitamin can cause breakouts, but then again I am close to my cycle coming so that may be the culprit.

I am proud to say that my hairline did thicken because of it and I did stop using it for about 4-5 days because I was moving to my new place! Although in the beginning I notice my hair was drier and somewhat hard to the touch I just had to keep it VERY moisturized.. hey NO PAIN NO GAIN- It's almost time for a new bottle and I am thinking about purchasing the unscented due to my finances. Does it have a "bad" odor because I know that its base is sulfur or does it just have no scent as it's label claims? I'm wanting to save a buck but not sacrifice a stinky scalp:lol:

I just started using BT and it is odorless as the label claims which is one of the reasons I have been using it on both me and my little girl...I tried the MTG and it was way too stink for me to send my child to school with:lol: .

I used BT at least once a day for about 6 weeks, then stopped for a week or so before my relaxer. I just started using it again at the beginning of thise week. I started to notice the growth after about 3 weeks ... I think it only took that long to notice, because the new growth was straighter than normal (that may have been due to MSM). I had almost an inch after 4 weeks, which is not at all normal for me. I'm pretty confident this was due to the BT, because I'd just started taking vitamins, and I don't think I'd see results that quickly from vitamins. I'm not sure how much growth I had at the end of the 6 or 7 weeks, because I had a trim in that time, and then a cut when I got relaxed, but my hair is thicker, and my hairline is finally filling in where I suffered damage from braids two years ago. I love BT, and am going to start using it regularly again. I'm still actually using my first bottle, which is surprising to me, because I really thought I was being heavy handed with it. I already have my second bottle on standby though. :D

Nice & Wavy said:
I don't see why not. Mix it with what you are using and see if that helps with the smell or not.

Remember ladies, there is Sulphur in this product so BT will have some kind of smell...expect that. However, the fragrance is nice enough to use alone (that's what I do) and it doesn't bother me or anyone else around me...actually my dh likes the smell.

Blessings...:p

i was expecting BT to have a smell and I do like the fragrance. I was actually expecting a lot worse:lol: but its pleasant. i was just worried that it might interact with my current leave in and cause a "stink" literally.

one thing i am glad about is the size you get for the price. since this works by going only on your scalp a lot less is needed, which is good for me.

FineChyna said:
i was expecting BT to have a smell and I do like the fragrance. I was actually expecting a lot worse:lol: but its pleasant. i was just worried that it might interact with my current leave in and cause a "stink" literally.

one thing i am glad about is the size you get for the price. since this works by going only on your scalp a lot less is needed, which is good for me.

No, I add it with my leave-ins and it smells fine.

The size is good and you only need a small amount applied.

Back