Stetching 15 weeks for the first time...Advice?!?

leigh.hill

Before LHCF I got a relaxer every 8 weeks. Now I am 10 1/2 weeks post relaxer, and my goal was getting a relaxer at 12 weeks...but I was thinking if I can go 12 weeks, I can go 15 weeks. Any advice? Do you have any stetching strategies? Products? I heard about porosity control. Thinking about using that...then I heard about ORS reconstructor. Don't know anything about that...:spinning:.

My routine: I co-wash 4-5 times a week and DC on Saturdays. Protein every other week.

Try low manipulation styles such as braidouts, bunning, braids, and wigs.

When your new growth gets very dry or needs taming prepoo with a conditioner that gives good slip such as ORS replenishing conditioner. Maybe some of the other ladies can suggest some products that work for them.

Good luck and overall listen to your hair.

My new growth is not too dry, but if it happens I will definitely keep that in mind. I think Sally's sells the ORS in small packets?!!?

Tracee - That video was SOOOO helpful. I was applying my leave-in conditioner hoping that the conditioner got to my roots. I never thought to part, apply, and detangle. So helpful. Thanks!!!!

It has been helpful for me to make sure my NG is properly saturated with moisture daily and sealed with oil. :lick:

Co-Washing is also a plus (deep into your stretch) to also keep hair properly hydrated and moisturized.

Naturally, low manipulation. And using a weekly reconstructor or light protein to keep the line of demarcation strong has also been extremely helpful.:yep:

Tracee - That video was SOOOO helpful. I was applying my leave-in conditioner hoping that the conditioner got to my roots. I never thought to part, apply, and detangle. So helpful. Thanks!!!!

No problem...Thats the only way I can detangle at this point in the game..lol

Okay. I just used "Tracee's Detangling Method" and it worked! There was barely any hair in my comb.

As far as light reconstructor or light protien. I have the AO GPB. Would that work as a light protien? When would I use it? After a co-wash? After a DC?

My only advice is that hair can change drastically from week to week, from day to day, so don't get discouraged. Your hair can start misbehaving at any time lol when least expected.

:grin: Yay...Im glad hear

Okay. I just used "Tracee's Detangling Method" and it worked! There was barely any hair in my comb.

As far as light reconstructor or light protien. I have the AO GPB. Would that work as a light protien? When would I use it? After a co-wash? After a DC?

What has helped me this stretch is co- washing 2- 3x per week with Aussie moist...this is the best cheapie condish I've ever, EVER tried! When hair is still damp, I apply WGO to my new growth and massage it in to make the NG behave. Then I add leave ins and detangle. I have lost hardly any hair with this method & products.

I do co-washes and oil rinses to help keep newgrowth in check.
I tend to use more expensive conditioners vs the cheaper one after 15 weeks post.

Back