STEP IT UP ON THE GROWTH AIDS....ANYONE?

Mandy4610

NEW DATE FOR PROGRESS CHECK IN IS END OF OCTOBER 2008. WE ARE GOING FOR ANOTHER 3 MONTHS!!! STEP IT UP LADIES!!!!

I am so inconsistent with growth aids. I need some people to partner up with so we can support each other with using our growth aids. Anyone care to join me? It can be anyone with any kind of growth aid. I just need someone to encourage me to use the aids and my hair really needs all the help it can get. I want to me able to do something with my TWA by end of June/July.
Come join me!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

RULES:
1. You can use any growth aids you like.
2. Apply the growth aids at least every other day (every day if you can manage)
3. Check in at least once a week (more if you can)

Last edited:
I'll join you :grin:

I'm using BT and I'm so dang absentminded! I need something to keep me on track. What growth aid are you using?

I really need to join this also but my only thing is that I need a new growth aid to try out. I have used BT, MN and Surge but I was thinking about trying out the new thing (ova teck???)

I'll join you :grin:

I'm using BT and I'm so dang absentminded! I need something to keep me on track. What growth aid are you using?
I am using BT and MN. BT makes my hair so oily, I have to figure out how to make sure I don't use too much.

I really need to join this also but my only thing is that I need a new growth aid to try out. I have used BT, MN and Surge but I was thinking about trying out the new thing (ova teck???)
I would like to try this as well, its so expensive. I will have to use up my BT and MN before I can buy it.

What is ova teck and how do you use it? Thank in advance for answers ladies.

Sue

What rules shall we set for ourselves? Apply the aids at least every other day? Does that sound reasonable?
I would like to try this until July.
We will need starting pics.

I am using BT and MN. BT makes my hair so oily, I have to figure out how to make sure I don't use too much.

In ref to how to use less oil , this is what I do.

I part my hair as high as I can from one temple around to the next. Then I apply the oil (not much) and let the oil run down my scalp. Leaning my head to each side and then leaning my head back until i feel the oil reach to the bottom of my head all around.
Then I massage my whole head just in case there were spots missed.

I part my hair as high as I can from one temple around to the next. Then I apply the oil (not much) and let the oil run down my scalp. Leaning my head to each side and then leaning my head back until i feel the oil reach to the bottom of my head all around.
Thanks for this advice, sounds like a good idea. Will you be joining us?

What rules shall we set for ourselves? Apply the aids at least every other day? Does that sound reasonable?
I would like to try this until July.
We will need starting pics.

I think at least every other day is a good guideline :yep: Wanna make sure we get the maximum effect :D I can't post pics, but I have a picture in my profile of my freshly trimmed hair from a few weeks back. That's my starting pic :)

Should we check in once a week or every time we use our growth aids?

Last edited:

Good tip! I'm gonna try this tomorrow :grin:

im in! i started on BT mixed with Cocasta Shikakai Oil from Hairveda. massage this into my scalp every day or every other day depending on how long it takes for the oil to absorb into my scalp. im going to be doing this for the enitre summer.

I think at least every other day is a good guideline :yep: Wanna make sure we get the maximum effect :D I can't post pics, but I have a picture in my profile of my freshly trimmed hair from a few weeks back. That's my starting pic :)

Should we check in once a week or every time we use our growth aids?
We can check in as often as we want, but a least once a week for sure.
Applying every other day works for me, I will try every day if I can. I say we go with every other day at the least.

im in! i started on BT mixed with Cocasta Shikakai Oil from Hairveda. massage this into my scalp every day or every other day depending on how long it takes for the oil to absorb into my scalp. im going to be doing this for the enitre summer.
Welcome. Thanks for joining.

what i want to know is if BT and all fo those other sulfer mixes, do they improve THICKNESS only? or help with ACTUAL growth rate? :drunk:

Ok Mandy I want in on this too, I'm using a sulphur mix that I want to continue to use until the end of the year.

I am so inconsistent with growth aids. I need some people to partner up with so we can support each other with using our growth aids. Anyone care to join me? It can be anyone with any kind of growth aid. I just need someone to encourage me to use the aids and my hair really needs all the help it can get. I want to me able to do something with my TWA by end of June/July.
Come join me!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

Mandy4610
tiffers
KAT24
Chickory_bee
long2short2_?

Aye Aye: I'm using Lenzi's Request and BT Cream

I'm in. I guess I'll be using OCT since I am on that challenge already, but I may incorporate one of my many other growth aids as well (BT, Gro-Aut, MN, Surge). I'm taking out my sew-in next week so I will post a starting pic then.

what i want to know is if BT and all fo those other sulfer mixes, do they improve THICKNESS only? or help with ACTUAL growth rate? :drunk:

Lenzi's Request and MN improve length

BT can go either way for some folks. Some members only got length, some only got thickness, some got both :spinning:

I should join this I have ALL the growth aids but no consistency aside from the last 2 weeks so maybe if I'm in a challenge, I'm using MN mix on my scalp nightly and spraying MT on my hair and scalp daily will continue till end of June and see what results I get...

I want to join. I am using OCT right now, but want to add some growth aids as well. I really wanted to see what OCT would do on its own before I added anything else to it. I'll start with the growth aids at the end of the month.

Please count me in on this one. It's easy for me because i've been using the same e/o blend consistently for about a yr.

I'll post starting pics this weekend.

the only product that thickened my hair was MTG. in five weeks i'd have 1/4in of NG, but with BT i get an inch. BT also helps to keep my NG moisturized on account of the coconut oil that's in it. but as for thickness:nono:

Back