StaySoftFro- Any Negative Side Effects?

I have been experimenting with various products to keep my hair extra moisturized as it has been feeling rather dry lately.

I just used StaSofFro (off topic- why does it have to be spelled like this? Sometimes it ANNOYS me how all of "our" hair products have to be misspelled- Magik Doo Gro and Supa Blu Gel, etc
ohwell.gif
) and my hair feels WONDERFULLY soft and moisturized. But I noticed that my hands have this weird sensation of being coated (I even tried washing with the hand soap in the lavatory which is VERY drying and they still felt coated).

Although I am very pleased with how my hair feels, I am now wondering if anyone who has used this product for an extended period of time has experienced any negative side effects? Also, do you apply it when your hair is wet or dry? I really would like to use this on a daily basis.

Thanks!

I've used it daily with no negative results for a few years, but somebody else here said that their hair got really dry when they stopped using it and that was a turn-off for that person.

Sta-Sof-fro made my hair super soft, but not in a good way, it made it very weak. Maybe it works better on naturals?

I use it and love it. I use it on my hair when it is damp.
maybe you should use it every other day so your hair won't feel "coated", just guessing...

the only negative I can think of is when I am spraying it in the restroom I have to make sure I didn't get any on the floor because one time I almost slipped and bust my behind
lachen70.gif

I think that was Irresistible that mentioned problems with continuous use of this product. Try doing a search under her name.

Personally, I initially didn't like this product, but I really grew on me (I use the one in the tube). I really keeps my edges and nape moisturized and my ends like it too
grin.gif
It's probably the glycerin in the product that's giving your hands that slippery feel.

I have been using it for a few months with no problems.
I find that I dont need it every day just every other day or too.
The best benefits for me softens newgrowth and moisturizes I just use a little bit.

[ QUOTE ]
syoulee1 said:
Ithe only negative I can think of is when I am spraying it in the restroom I have to make sure I didn't get any on the floor because one time I almost slipped and bust my behind
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yup
laugh.gif
i have to also be careful when i'm spraying my Isoplus oil sheen...i mean what would i tell the paramedics if i fell
look.gif

Hey ladies,

Thanks for the feedback- sorry so long to respond- finals have me like
nono.gif

@ Syoulee1- be careful, hon! I know EXACTLY what you mean, though, because that "coating" effect happens on the bathroom tile. I have taken to putting an old t-shirt or towel on the bathroom floor, although the spray still gets everywhere.

@ miss brown: what is the consistency of the gel? I noticed it the other day but decided against picking it up. Do you prefer it over the spray?

Over the course of the past few days I have been using the spray liberally pretty much every morning and my hair feels sooooooo soft after airdrying. I am so happy that such an inexpensive product has been extremely effective
smile.gif
The combination of this and Suave Humectant has been great for moisturizing.

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
Personally, I initially didn't like this product, but I really grew on me (I use the one in the tube). I really keeps my edges and nape moisturized and my ends like it too
grin.gif
It's probably the glycerin in the product that's giving your hands that slippery feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the "tube" version is way better than the spray and I only use it on dry hair for twistouts. I love how it makes my hair feel soft and moisturized with some sheen.

[ QUOTE ]
jada1111 said:
[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the "tube" version is way better than the spray and I only use it on dry hair for twistouts. I love how it makes my hair feel soft and moisturized with some sheen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to use this for a twist out and the crinkles wouldn't stay in...after a few hours they began to frizz apart.

Back