SPRING IS AROUND THE CORNER! Are you planning any hair changes for the new season?

zzirvingj

I'm trying to hype myself up for spring, ya'll, cuz it's cold as heck over here! But it's right around the corner and I was wondering if anyone had any plans for hair changes with the new season approaching...i.e., hair cut, color, highlights, etc.

Me, I am trying to decide if I want to try pressing it out a little more often, or just coloring it. Right now I am leaning towards color cuz I work out and can't keep a straight hairstyle for long. But I'm feeling really chicken right now so who knows if that'll even happen.

Anyone else got plans??

nelli711 said:
I'm thinking about getting some bangs. BTW, your hair looks good in your siggy:)

Thanks! :) :D :)

Oh yesss...BANGS!!! That is the other thing I had been contemplating. My hair is getting a little too long in the front/sides such that when I wear it straight, it kind of lacks style. I think bangs would be a great idea for spring :)

Maybe I will try the henna that every one is raving about, other than I'm going to stick with what i'm doing. It stays cold here in Michigan until May sometimes June so protective styles are my best bet.

I'll be wearing my hair curly when it warms up. It's funny to be thinking about warm weather right now because we just had an ice storm yesterday, lol.

i'll be doing the same boring stuff..buns and more buns...i can't do much else with my hair because its short, and i won't be comfortable with it until its at least end of bra stap.

I was suppose to get hightights when I hit BSL, but I got over that quick. I've been thinking about bangs, but don't want them bad enough.
My husband has asked if I was going to put that burgundy rinse in my hair again. I use to wear that color rinse yrs ago and he must have loved it too, to inquir about it. Lately I've been wearing a mocha rinse, but I think around spring I'll do the burgundy rinse since I'm too chicken to highlight, :lol: , or atleast try getting a burgundy color through a henna application, hmmmm.

I plan to get a nice Dominican blow out and a trim. I also look forward to being able to CW a few times a week.

I can't wait for it to get warm so that I can restart my quest to master wash-and go's! I probably won't be able to have a really good one until my bone straighht ends are totally gone but I'm still going to try!:)

Goodness, I can't wait until spring! I can't complain though, because until recently, it hasn't been that cold here. The air is extremely dry, though. My hair (but not my style) is ready for some good, old Virginia humidity. :)

I will probably get a good dusting to get rid of a few splits. But I am trying to wait until I reach my APL goal.

I'm thinking about getting some twists or braids with extensions. I'm tired of weaves. I'm getting a flat iron and trim/cut on Monday though. So we'll see how that turns out. I want something hot! I haven't had a short haircut since I was 16 or so.

I'm looking forward to a nice trim for the spring and perfecting my twistouts and wash & gos. I'm not going to do anything with color or bangs due to previous bad experiences. But I am so looking forward to the weather warming up!

I will be taking out my weave!!!!

I will also be bearning about my natural, curly hair and discovering a new regime for my short, natural do :)

I am looking forward to some popping color from a cellophane and then a banging wavy or curly weave. One big trim probably in the summer months.

I'm wearing my hair straight from now til end of february:p , I'm officially considering my hair long but not as long as I want
From march til 4 july I'll braid it up!

Re: SPRING IS AROUND THE CORNER! Are you planning any hair changes for the new seaso

I want bangs, I have a huge forehead and really want some bangs, but I'm worried about how they will look when I get some newgrowth, I can always flat iron them, I don't know, still not sure. are there any pictures of relaxed ladies with bangs here/ buttaflye03 has bangs and she looks lovely

I can't wait until Spring because that's when I plan to trim the rest of my relaxed ends off!! :grin: My due date is April 7, 2007 (Saturday) and I am doing it myself. Then I'll have my hair pressed out (have not used heat since 6/2005) to do a length check! I'm really excited after transitioning for so long.

I've been thinking about getting light brown highlights (My hair is almost jet black naturally) but I'm fighting the urge! :look:

I've decided since its soooo cold I'm just gonna wear my hair up until it gets warm (or if I need to be cute for a moment).

As soon as it gets warm I'm gonna go back to wearing my hair down and when I get to bra strap I may get highlights.

I will be working on the Crown & Glory method. I need this because I am trying to stay away from heat and keep my hands out of my head. Since I am participating in the Hide You Hair Til April Fools & Crown & Glory Challenges they both will aide in staying away from heat, keeping my hair moisturized, & less manipulation so that I can meet my goals.

Re: SPRING IS AROUND THE CORNER! Are you planning any hair changes for the new seaso

danysedai said:
I want bangs, I have a huge forehead and really want some bangs, but I'm worried about how they will look when I get some newgrowth, I can always flat iron them, I don't know, still not sure. are there any pictures of relaxed ladies with bangs here/ buttaflye03 has bangs and she looks lovely

DSylla has bangs... She's texlaxed but her bangs are fire! :grin:

cupcake said:
I can't wait until Spring because that's when I plan to trim the rest of my relaxed ends off!! :grin: My due date is April 7, 2007 (Saturday) and I am doing it myself. Then I'll have my hair pressed out (have not used heat since 6/2005) to do a length check! I'm really excited after transitioning for so long.

I've been thinking about getting light brown highlights (My hair is almost jet black naturally) but I'm fighting the urge! :look:

I think you should! :yep: If I wasn't relaxed I would definitely color. But I have to stick to my "one checmical" rule.

i might try to wear my hair down more and also try to wear a nice braid out, but have yet to succeed in doing so.

If you have JETTTT BLACKKKKK hair like mine, how light can you go with a rinse?? Or better yet....how light can you go with henna???

I want some color!!! I am going to stop being cheap and go to a salon and have someone else do my color. I want Vicki Newton's color, from St. Louis news, I found a pic but it looks too light, her color is fierce!!

I attached a pic...

Attachments

• vn.jpg
    vn.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 21
Back