Sponge Rollers.. Good or Bad for hair?

Amerie123

Do you ladies think sponge rollers are bad for your hair? I've been using them, but i don't know if they are recommended or not. TIA.

I've always been told that sponge rollers were bad for your hair. Now there are sponge rollers that are covered with satin, these are supposed to be better than the original ones...you can get them online, walmart, ebay, and BSS....

sponge rollers absorbs too much of the moisture and product out of my hair. My hair also gets hung and pulled out by the pores on the roller.

so, i say bad.

well i think of it in terms of what a sponge is suppose to do which is soak up moisture so i figure it wud the same if i put it on my hair

For those of you who still use or have the old sponge rollers, cut an old silk or satin scarf or bonnet, and wrap them around your sponge rollers. This keeps the sponge from breaking the hair.

I like sponge rollers because I get a tighter curl, quicker. However they do suck out the moisture/oil from your hair. What I've been doing is spraying the rollers with oil and my ends come out silky. I'll definitely add the satin rollers to my list.

I like sponge rollers because I get a tighter curl, quicker. However they do suck out the moisture/oil from your hair. What I've been doing is spraying the rollers with oil and my ends come out silky. I'll definitely add the satin rollers to my list.

Wow that's a reallly good idea! :yep:

Also you can use end papers as well if you can't find the satin ones. First moisturize and seal your ends, wrap with end papers, then use the rollers. Dryness problem solved, no breakage from the foam.

Back