Split Ends

ellennicole

The search feature does not work, and I've been trying to search for days now. So, I'm just gonna have to start another thread.

Ladies, please help. I really want to take my hair to the next level. It's been stagnant lately and it's b/c my ends need trimming every[/I] time I go to the stylist. I'm going to talk to her about not cutting my hair in layers anymore. I am so frustrated b/c the back is long, but the sides are STILL shoulder length.

I guess if I havent said anything to her in two years about cutting it it's my fault.

Alright can you suggest some Dominican products for split ends. Heck, can you suggest any products???

I think I may need to go back to sealing my ends....

The search feature does not work, and I've been trying to search for days now. So, I'm just gonna have to start another thread.

Ladies, please help. I really want to take my hair to the next level. It's been stagnant lately and it's b/c my ends need trimming every[/i] time I go to the stylist. I'm going to talk to her about not cutting my hair in layers anymore. I am so frustrated b/c the back is long, but the sides are STILL shoulder length.

I guess if I havent said anything to her in two years about cutting it it's my fault.

Alright can you suggest some Dominican products for split ends. Heck, can you suggest any products???

I think I may need to go back to sealing my ends....

I can't recommend any Dominican products but I'm sure the ladies will be in with some recommendations. What helped my ends, was bagging and sealing them. I also trimmed my ends every 3 months until I was satisfied. I got back what I trimmed out and then some. My best advice would be to learn how to trim your own hair and baggy and seal your ends:yep:

Do you wear your hair down a lot? I've notices that my sweaters KILL my hair!

Is your hair dry? I get splits when my hair is dry.

I echo the other ladies' sentiments- trim the splits, then start over and baby those ends. Keep them moisturized, seal if it works for you. By keeping my ends up all of the time, baggying them and doing occasional search and destroys I was able to go a year without a trim. Now that I'm wearing my hair down again, I see that my ends are more vulnerable and are needing a trim, but at least I was able to retain the length for the past year.

I can't recommend any Dominican products but I'm sure the ladies will be in with some recommendations. What helped my ends, was bagging and sealing them. I also trimmed my ends every 3 months until I was satisfied. I got back what I trimmed out and then some. My best advice would be to learn how to trim your own hair and baggy and seal your ends:yep:

I decided last night that I'm going to do both :yep: I don't use heat anymore and I DC at least once a week, but I still feel like my ends need more "help" since they are so fragile.

I've been using Constant Care Ends by HairOil.com aka VERIFEN COMPLEX and my ends are really nice. They were a bit slow on shipping, but I did receive my products.

The best thing to do is get rid of the slit ends.
Then keep ur ends moisturized and if ur hair is hitting ur shoulders u may need to wear ur hair up more till u get past that point thats what I did. I just wore my hair out on the weekends when my hair was hitting my shoulders.

That's just it. I get my ends trimmed every time I go (every two weeks), and I rarely wear my hair down or put heat on my hair. I condition wash every other day and put it in a protective bun. I haven't been sealing my ends, so I'll be more consistent with it....

I've been using Constant Care Ends by HairOil.com aka VERIFEN COMPLEX and my ends are really nice. They were a bit slow on shipping, but I did receive my products.

Constant Care for Ends (CCE) is wonderful. I used a few years back and went for three relaxers with my stylist (15 weeks- I know I wasn't a stretcher back then) and she said I didn't need a trim (and my stylist will destroy a split in a hot minute)!

I don't know why I stopped using it, but I'm back to using it again and my ends look really good. It will be interesting to see how my stylists reacts when I get my touchup in March. CCE works better for me than castor oil. It is definitely a staple for me. HTH

Back