Spinoff: Would you propose to a man?

Much2much41

I have a lot of respect for the women who have, because I can't see myself doing it. I'm very old-fashioned when it comes to this, and it would feel strange asking a man to marry me. Would you/Did you ask your SO for his hand in marriage?

no, he who finds a wife finds a good thing.

I have a lot of respect for the women who have, because I can't see myself doing it. I'm very old-fashioned when it comes to this, and it would feel strange asking a man to marry me. Would you/Did you ask your SO for his hand in marriage?

I'm pretty modern about most things but no, i'm not proposing to a man. I never know what's going on in their heads to begin with. :look:

Women are obvious when they wanna get married - we give hints - :perplexed - we leave bridal magazines around and stuff and make david's bridal our home pages. :grin: - J/K

Men, are like too hard to read to know for sure they'd say yes.

All kidding aside, I'd not want to take that away from him. The man I'm with now is highly old fashioned and if I had proposed to him, he might have felt like I took that away from him.

No, I wouldn't. This guy I've been seeing who says he wants to marry me will ask me every now and then "Kimberly, when are you going to marry me?"...to me, that's not a proposal...where's the ring? So, I tell him that I'm sure it won't be any time before he proposes.

He'll also say things like "I can't wait for you to be my wife", "I want you to have my last name", "I want us to be a family"...whatever, man...WHERE IS THE RING??!!

I'm pretty modern about most things but no, i'm not proposing to a man. I never know what's going on in their heads to begin with. :look:

Women are obvious when they wanna get married - we give hints - :perplexed - we leave bridal magazines around and stuff and make david's bridal our home pages. :grin: - J/K

Men, are like too hard to read to know for sure they'd say yes.

All kidding aside, I'd not want to take that away from him. The man I'm with now is highly old fashioned and if I had proposed to him, he might have felt like I took that away from him.

I'm okay with dropping hints (or hittin over the head w/a sledgehammer till he gets the point :look:), but I think I'd die 12 times if I asked outright and he said no. :nono:

No, I wouldn't. This guy I've been seeing who says he wants to marry me will ask me every now and then "Kimberly, when are you going to marry me?"...to me, that's not a proposal...where's the ring? So, I tell him that I'm sure it won't be any time before he proposes.

He'll also say things like "I can't wait for you to be my wife", "I want you to have my last name", "I want us to be a family"...whatever, man...WHERE IS THE RING??!!

Have you asked him that? Maybe he is afraid to buy one if he doesn't think you'll say yes.

No body better not go picking out no ring for me. Proposal first and ring later.

HE that finds a wife finds a good thing. Not SHE who finds a husband. I truly believe this and always will, don't really call it old fashioned to me that's just how it's supposed to be. Eve was God's gift to Adam, I just believe the man has the role, the woman has the choice.

Didn't Britney propose to K-Fed??..Hmmph.

I wouldn't but I have afriend that did, well kinda. He proposed to her, and she said no, and then a month later she proposed to him, so I guess she already knew he'd say yes.:ohwell:

My second answer for why I won't is because I'm not buying a man an engagement ring. He's not going to have a bridal set why I have a little ole wedding band.

No body better not go picking out no ring for me. Proposal first and ring later.

I am just saying, to me he's just talking...he'd have to show me something. But you're right. He's one of those that thinks it must be better if he paid a lotof money for it. I could see him picking out some $10k hunk of gaudiness that did not suit my personality or style at all.

That's why he's sitting up there in a $350k house by himself...but I digress...:spinning:

I wouldn't propose to a man. I have a friend who proposed. Her personality is much different from mine though. I was not surprised at all when she told me she'd proposed.

I agree with OP:yep:

NEVER. I will propose to a man when hell freezes over. I’m not knocking those that do, but I just couldn’t go there. I'm too old fashioned!

Speaking of this and women who did it like Britney, Halle, do you think they were being sensitive or accommadating to the intimidation and fear their men of lesser riches may have felt being with a more powerful woman? Perhaps their 'power' gives them the gusto or sheds the shakes of doing it because they know they are such a catch, at least financially and status wise...just a thought.

No, I wouldn't propse to a man. I would wait for him to propose. While I wait, I wouldn't try force him or rush him to marry me either.

Yes, of course!
I am not American so I don't believe in "a man choosing a wife".
If I want something I go get it.
Why wait around?
Women can choose the man, I'm not for sell, I'll show HIM the ring.
And I will also dictate what marriage to me means.
If he's up for it, if he loves me, like I love him (enough to propose) he will understand the honor of being my husband, as I understand the honor of being his wife.
If he said no then I'd be shocked and sad but at least I'd know know that he see's our future as bleak.
Off I go, crying, weezing, drinking, then picking myself up and meeting the REAL person of my life.

Back