Spinoff: Relationships and Sex...

In a new relationship how long do you wait to have sex?

• Right away - as soon as we declare we're together

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • 2 weeks - 1 month

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 1 -2 months

Votes: 20 6.6%
  • 2 - 3 months

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 3+ months

Votes: 27 8.9%
  • Until Marriage

Votes: 60 19.9%
  • I don't have a set amount of time. I wait until the time feels right.

Votes: 156 51.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
whenever the time feels right. shoot, 3 months can pass and i still don't feel right sleeping with him. Not rushing into it is better when it comes to sex.

I chose 6 months because that's my minimum. I'll probably wait longer the next time around. Sex is special and important but getting to know the person on an emotional level is more important. I'd feel most comfortable with someone who doesn't even notice the time going by that we AREN'T physically involved.

I chose 6 months because that's my minimum. I'll probably wait longer the next time around. Sex is special and important but getting to know the person on an emotional level is more important. I'd feel most comfortable with someone who doesn't even notice the time going by that we AREN'T physically involved.

I agree.....

I think it really depends on the person and the situation. I knew my boyfriend and had been getting to know him for 2 years before anything happend.....however we did the do about 2 months before we became official.

I didn't know how to answer the poll so I didn't because my answer wasn't really up there. I only have had one partner (my current SO), so in this relationship I waited about 2 years or so. My plan was to wait until marriage, but at the time I felt (and still feel) like I have found my future husband, so I made the PERSONAL decision to go for it. So far it's not anything that I deeply regret. I personally think that men respect women more for waiting.

I can honestly say that I don't have a set time at all! I have waited one year and that relationship lasted 3 years. And I can say I've done it within the 1st couple of dates with another and that relationship lasted 2 years. But I can also say I have not had many partners at all, and I'm not promiscuous. For me, I have to have good feelings about someone and I do it when I feel a true connection... whenever that may be.

My vote is 8 to 12 weeks, if you're looking for long-term, this will give y'all a "whole quater" to get to know each others. Best foot and the other one.

I voted when it feels right.......the longest I made someone wait for 4 months and I wish I wouldve waited longer. And the shortest time was 2 months and I have no regrets about that. He didnt expect any then but the time just felt right and I was into him.

I don't have a set time period it's really when it feels right. It's strange and a little backwards but if I see a future or something "more" with the person it takes longer for sex to be an issue. But. Lust is just what it means - snap crackle and pop (always safely!) if that's the case.

You just have to go with the flow. :yep: Besides, it's possible that you could be dating someone and decide to break things off before getting to a point where sex is really an option.

Since I am not in a relationship, nor do I want to be in one (It's very difficult in the DC/MD area), it is usually when I want to and if it feels right for me. Don't care if it doesn't feel right to him. It's that simple. If he's good, then it's on (a sex thing for me...damn the other stuff). Now, on that note, after I've had him a few times, I generally fade off without explanation and cease all communications.

I hope that answered the initial question....

it all depends on the kind of "relationship" you want to have with the person.....if you want just sex - then the first date is fine.....if you're looking for a boyfriend then I'd wait a couple of dates maybe 3-5...drunk::spinning:

I am a very slow mover....I have not been in a serious relationship in over 3 years (closer to 4). That is how long its been for me.:nono: If I don't trust you, forget about it. So I will not make a good FB. Before that relationship I dated someone for two years. Don't get me wrong, sex is important to me, I just have to love you first.

Whenever the time is right. I trust myself enough that if I'm into this person enough to sleep with them, we'll likely be together for a long time anyway.

There are some beautiful sick people out there. There should be an option for after the test results arrive.

90 days but i wont go more then 1 wk after without giving it up because he'll find it somewhere else.

o wait, thats steve harvey's book talking.

with my ex i was giving him 3 months. we didn't last that long. (i was a virgin) with my current i was the one who was in a hurry but he was not. (i was a virgin, he was not). so it was like 3-4 months.

i think waiting until it feels right is a good way to go. i didn't have sex with my ex even though he pushed for it because it didnt feel right :-/ good thing, too.

I had DH wait 5 months (which was like a year because we saw one another EVERY day for 4 of those months, even if we just met for a quick lunch), he proposed 2 weeks later. LOL

Prior to him there was a 6 month minimum.

90 days but i wont go more then 1 wk after without giving it up because he'll find it somewhere else.

o wait, thats steve harvey's book talking.

with my ex i was giving him 3 months. we didn't last that long. (i was a virgin) with my current i was the one who was in a hurry but he was not. (i was a virgin, he was not). so it was like 3-4 months.

i think waiting until it feels right is a good way to go. i didn't have sex with my ex even though he pushed for it because it didnt feel right :-/ good thing, too.

How many times were you a virgin? :lachen:

-----------

ETA: Nevermind...I see in this sentence that you didn't have sex with the ex.

i didn't have sex with my ex even though he pushed for it because it didnt feel right :-/ good thing, too

Last edited:
When you have a connection with some-be it BF, Hubby, Friend, etc. If it's there, it's THERE.

I waited..4 months prior to giving the cookie. It felt right--but boy was it BLAH.

Could've had a V8 instead!:lachen:

Back