Spinoff: Relationships and Sex...

In a new relationship how long do you wait to have sex?

• Right away - as soon as we declare we're together

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • 2 weeks - 1 month

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 1 -2 months

Votes: 20 6.6%
  • 2 - 3 months

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 3+ months

Votes: 27 8.9%
  • Until Marriage

Votes: 60 19.9%
  • I don't have a set amount of time. I wait until the time feels right.

Votes: 156 51.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LocksOfLuV said:
:nono: I am done sharing personal things on LHCF. Maybe if I get married but other than that, a single person saying something like that would only get "well THAT'S why yall ain't married" replies. :nono: No siiiiirrrrr.

:cry: :cry:

HoneyDew said:
Locks, has someone said that to you? Don't pay any attention to that stuff. I support not sharing to much personal info, but if someone says that to you, it is very silly and inconsiderate of them to do so!!!!

No but, too many people are judgemental here. They may not say it in the thread, but they will go harping about it in another thread. I'm cool on giving too much sexual info here.

LocksOfLuV said:
No but, too many people are judgemental here. They may not say it in the thread, but they will go harping about it in another thread. I'm cool on giving too much sexual info here.

I agree....

gurrrll.. i hear you--

i am trying to figure this one out now..with dude in my siggy...cuz the vibe and tension is def THERE AND THEN SOME--but its def a mental connection AND then physical connection..lawwwddd help me...i dont know if i can resist...i need jesus lmaooooo

HoneyDew said:
My SO and I did it on the 1st date. We just could not resist. I was surprised at myself actually. I, at least, wait a few dates! :lol:

But, something was just there and I felt it (no pun intended :lol: )

We have been together ever since. (4 years)

okay we r having a twin experience cuz..

me and my dude went to a great comedy show last night at the comic strip (sidebar-CHRIS ROCK MADE A GUESS APPEARANCE-HE WAS OFF THE CHAIN)..anyhow he too is funny- fine- great job-intelligent as hell-well traveled...great personality yadda yadda and of course the questions after dinner was do you want to come up to my place for a bit..im like...:confused: :confused: but also:) :) :) I AM LIKE DAYUM WE HAD A GREAT TIME TONITE DONT WANT IT TO END- 2ND DATE BY THE WAY-- i went up but nothing happened as in nothing xxx..but it got a lil xx..lol..2 be cont'd

HoneyDew said:
Let's see we met at a coffee shop one day. We actually sat and had coffee together that day. I like him so much just from that 10 min sit down.

We talked on the phone a few time for about a week. I was OPEN - he was so funny, smart, charming and witty. about a week and a half after I met him at the coffee shop, we went out for a casual date. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!!

That night it was ALL over! When he asked me if I wanted to come into his house I did not have to think hard about it at all. I wanted that man!!

HoneyDew said:
My SO and I did it on the 1st date. We just could not resist. I was surprised at myself actually. I, at least, wait a few dates! :lol:

But, something was just there and I felt it (no pun intended :lol: )

We have been together ever since. (4 years)

I did with DH too.

Well, sort of. He "pleased" me, and then I realized the time and made him take me home before my parents realized I was really late coming home from my "orchestra practice".:lol:

HoneyDew said:
Let's see we met at a coffee shop one day. We actually sat and had coffee together that day. I like him so much just from that 10 min sit down.

We talked on the phone a few time for about a week. I was OPEN - he was so funny, smart, charming and witty. about a week and a half after I met him at the coffee shop, we went out for a casual date. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!!

That night it was ALL over! When he asked me if I wanted to come into his house I did not have to think hard about it at all. I wanted that man!!

Yeah that connection. I ain't mad at you. It was just RIGHT :)

LocksOfLuV said:
:nono: I am done sharing personal things on LHCF. Maybe if I get married but other than that, a single person saying something like that would only get "well THAT'S why yall ain't married" replies. :nono: No siiiiirrrrr.

You're the third person in two days that has made a comment like this, but I understand. :(

camellia said:
I did with DH too.

Well, sort of. He "pleased" me, and then I realized the time and made him take me home before my parents realized I was really late coming home from my "orchestra practice".:lol:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Reminds me of when I was in High School sneaking around with my bf at the time. I made up some crazy stories about why I was coming home looking all wild and giggly. memories....

camellia said:
I did with DH too.

Camellia! :whip::spank: Bad Girl!:lachen:

I usually wait close to a month before we do the do but I had sex with my current boyfriend about a week after our first date and we have been together for two years. We met at work and didn't start "talking" until about 6 months after we started. Needless to say there was alot of sexual tension built up.

br0wney3z said:
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Reminds me of when I was in High School sneaking around with my bf at the time. I made up some crazy stories about why I was coming home looking all wild and giggly. memories....

:lachen: :lachen:

I knew my SO for 10+years before we got together. I didnt feel bad about giving up the panties during our first night together.

That depends.
Back in my single days it could have happened within the first meetings or after a couple of months.
Now I'd definitely would let the man wait for several reasons,one of them to get to know him better.
Once sex comes into play I just can't be objective anymore.
Besides I LOOOOVE the build-up of sexual tension:look:

MAKE THEM WAIT FOREVER...
or at least until you get a diamond ring.
I don't mean be a gold digger, but ummm...
I'm just saying... the *ish ain't free.

I think that we should definitely take them to heck and back making them wait because then you'll see what he's all about. Of course in the beginning everthing is all good and then he'll prob start getting aggressive and start using guilt tactics and if he stays in this stage then you got a loser and if he gets over it then you have a winner!

I have a set time, depending on the needs of the guy.

My SO is the kind of dude that definitely wouldn't wife a woman who gave it up in the first couple of months. I knew this from the gate although he never said it explicitly. I told myself he'd wait 6 months but we only made it to 4 :look:

And then you have guys who don't let a woman's sexuality define her, so they don't need a set time. They might only exist theoretically though, cause I can't think of anyone like that.

The shortest period is a month for me because ... it just seems right.

You know y'all are the reason I didn't wait with this guy I'm talking to. All that talk Camelia was talking about that connection. Granted I've known this guy as a friend for years, so I guess it wasn't that bad, but I was like where am I getting these ideas from? :look: :lol: now I know, lhcf :yep:

I answered I don't have a set amount of time. I wait until the time feels right. I have had a lot of relationships that didn't work and if I had sex with every one of them BOY! That would've been a very high number. I think you and that person knows when the time is right. If it feels like you are just having sex just to have sex than the time probably isn't the right time. It should be a lovely thing both physically and emotionally.

When my Vajay-jay says its ok. she's been pretty good on callin it, we ride or die together on this one, if she not ready its a no go:lachen::lachen:

I dont have a set time....i mean it all depends on how i feel about the guy...i mean the last guy that i was involved with we waited for about a month...and the longer you wait the better lol...especially if you are physically and mentally attracted to that person...

I can't say.

If I am looking for an ACTUAL relationship, then I want to wait until I feel like I 'know' you. Me and my SO didn't have sex until 2 years after we met (and we still weren't in a relationship:look: but that's another thread:lol: ).

I am also a slow mover. I am not want to rush things. I like to take my time and make sure I know the man I want to be in a relationship with.

Now just a random hook-up that's a different thread.:look:

:spinning: That's me all the way ......

Back