Spinoff: Myspace and other internet break-ups/relationship tragedies

Has the internet ever played a part in your breakup with a SO?

• yes

Votes: 63 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 74 54.0%

• Total voters
^^ Thanks for bumping! Although it's not exactly the same topic as the question I just posed, still an interesting read. Sorry for your situation.

^^ Thanks for bumping! Although it's not the same topic as the question I just posed, still an interesting read. Sorry for your situation.

Thanks! I just wanted to bump to get a few more replies. I am sure the internet has played a role in alot more breakups than what the poll in telling...especially in this day and age.

The other topic is very interesting too!

Last edited:
Thanks! I just wanted to bump to get a few more replies. I am sure the internet has played a role in alot more breakups than what the poll in telling...especiall in this day and age.

The other topic is very interesting too!
I've heard stories similar to the ones posted in this thread. Awful! Men can be such DOGS!!! Lying, cheating, dogs, lol!

Have you talked to the guy since?

I've heard stories similar to the ones posted in this thread. Awful! Men can be such DOGS!!! Lying, cheating, dogs, lol!

Have you talked to the guy since?

Nope that was over a year ago. But he has tried to befriend me on myspace TWICE since then. And has sent me messages. I just delete and move on.

My sister actually saw him 2 days ago for the first time since we broke up.

I have ALWAYS been cheated on and there have been numerous occasions where I have found out everything I wanted to know because of these sites. Facebook, Myspace, Crushspot, Blackplanet, etc.... ALL of them I have had at one point. Even if just to pique my curiousity and be investigative. The Internet is and has always been my friend. New guy has no computer, Internet access or social networking pages & no desire to attain them anytime soon thank goodness. He leaves anything requiring them up to me. All I have to do is check phone records now. :lachen:

This happened to me. My former SO fell off and I knew he had a Myspace page so I check it out and I saw some chick talked about having fun going out w/ him. Then messages started coming about "I Love You" and I found this out the day before New Years Eve. Not a good look. So now I'm prepared that if you go looking for something, more than likely you'll find it!!

yep my ex with blackplanet:lachen: we so thru. nowadays a lot of guys have net pages cause they stay in touch with family, friends, schoolmates, GIRLFRIENDS and their side pieces all in the same one page just for convenience haha. BIG MISTAKE!!! for them at least cause most of the time they get caught. if u see him staying too long on the net hehe bammmmmmm surprise the bro!!! and watch him quickly shut down his page:lachen:

the only part i like about it be it hi5 and facebook but mostly hi5,( i hate blackplanet to me it s only hookup place) i like the fact that with a couple few of these social sites you get to see the whole piece of the pie. and connect the dots. you see the friends, the family lol i discovered all my men ' exes haha, already first hand had the pix of all family members and their tastes so it was easier to get my best foot forward:rolleyes:

hehe, i knew which ones of family members were still liking the ex, got to see the men's kids right there and now they be embarrassed if they lie cause when you read comments u know if something is going on hehe and what not i know i got so many women mad that had views on my man with my comments hehe. but i wont lie though for man even though they get to get more numbers dont be fool it s like a movie THEIR AZZES IS SO EXPOSED. U SPOT THEM EASILY... AND CAN KICK THEM TO THE CURB IF U SEE GAMES

I have ALWAYS been cheated on and there have been numerous occasions where I have found out everything I wanted to know because of these sites. Facebook, Myspace, Crushspot, Blackplanet, etc.... ALL of them I have had at one point. Even if just to pique my curiousity and be investigative. The Internet is and has always been my friend. New guy has no computer, Internet access or social networking pages & no desire to attain them anytime soon thank goodness. He leaves anything requiring them up to me. All I have to do is check phone records now. :lachen:

exactly Channie_Babie absolutely!!! the net has been my friend. if the person cheats on the net trust me in real life he will do it too. and it s hard to prove it in real life whereas the net gives you the visuals, the people are so dumb to leave trails, pix, comments like i said a man will want to keep it close to home and put his business out there unbeknownst to him it s easier to spot players on the net. he can always create a life but trust me he will want to have his friends on there, keep track of the gurls and bam if he do play around he will be found out. think about it in normal life it would just be harder to find out if they were cheating with no proof they will always deny or i m just talking on the phone to a friend, oh i went out with the boys yeah right... he he now if it s a new person i want to date and i see too much activity and **** that dont sound right on your page u out of the door before taking things further. so the net is a curse and a blessing. curse cause they get a bigger pool to choose from and blessing CAUSE THEY AZZES IS EXPOSED BIG TIME hehe

Ummmm..

I just fiound out this dude that i talked to is EXTRA MARRIED... Or at least extra in a relationship through myspace........

Pitiful:rolleyes:

There is this site for married people to find affairs at, I think Ashley Maddison or something of the sort. Their slogan is, "when monogamy becomes monotony." I best not ever find my DH on that...or philanderers.com

this isn't a breakup story but...

this guy i went out with has a ton of photos of himself cheesing with lots of girls on facebook. well, he hung out with me and my friends, and my girlfriend posted the photos on her facebook page.

strangely enough he untagged himself

just doesn't make sense, given that he's cool with the photos of himself and alllllll the other women (not cute either!) being online.

humph. made me look at him different. :perplexed

I should have asked at the time. it's too late now. BUT it's for the best. I don't want to be lumped in!!

The internet is the DEVIL - and Facebook is now FASSbook.

I can't tell you how many guys got caught online...

Last edited:
My ex had the odasity to join OBC.com (Online Booty Call). If you are with me, why do you need to join a website like that? I found out his password, took his pictures down, and uploaded pictures of the ugliest dude I could find on the internet so women would think it was him. But with him it just wasn't online booty call, he was cheating in the real world also.... Needless to say we are no longer together. Wow@ these men willing to throw years a away just like that.....

OMG...me too! I'm like at least put up fake pic :nono:

this isn't a breakup story but...

this guy i went out with has a ton of photos of himself cheesing with lots of girls on facebook. well, he hung out with me and my friends, and my girlfriend posted the photos on her facebook page.

strangely enough he untagged himself

just doesn't make sense, given that he's cool with the photos of himself and alllllll the other women (not cute either!) being online.

humph. made me look at him different. :perplexed

I should have asked at the time. it's too late now. BUT it's for the best. I don't want to be lumped in!!

He was prolly dating somebody you knew, or someone who knew you.

this guy who i met on BBM..went to dinner with...went partying with...found out he has too many "close" female friends....he says they are friends...but when i went to his house i found feminine items and a love letter written by a TOP FRIEND on his myspace page..in the letter she was talking about MARRIAGE...:nono::nono:...DING DING DING..RED ******* FLAG...:nono::look:

Im officially on a man break.. :)

One of my ex's cheated on me 3 years ago on myspace. I just decided to look on his page one day and thier was some chick writing some inappropiate things on his page and I saw the same thing on her page. I called him hoping for an explaination but he didnt pick up the phone. *67 and he finally picked up. Long story short, he never gave me an explination or closure so forget him!!!! I found betta!!!I found the love of my life and man of my dreams so his lost!!!!!!!

My ex-SO absolutely refused to have any information about me on MySpace. This was right after a break during which he'd dated another girl and plastered all this info about her on his MySpace, sweet comments, etc. And I had to argue with him to get him to put something about me up there, and when he did he didn't even mention me by name.

Now at the time I wanted him to put something up about me simply because I didn't want to be treated differently than his other girlfriend... but looking back, I realize I should've been highly suspicious that he didn't want his friends to know I existed.

Social networking sites are the debil...:wallbash:

I found out about some messages sent questioning the relationship, how a certain female "friend" can't stand me (don't know why, she doesn't even know me:perplexed)...then messages to an ex that was trying to get some just a year ago:ohwell:

I'm still at a loss for words:sad:but you only have to experience things you choose to go through with.

No personal experience, but I know a man who got married 6 or 8 months ago who has an active profile on BPM, with a profile that states that he is single. One of my friends stumbled upon it and told me and I just didn't believe it. One day she showed it to me and there he was sitting up there as Big as Dallas! :nono: According to her, he regularly checks his page (or whatever you call it). When I see him I just can't look at him the same way anymore. He probably wonders why I'm looking all upside his head like :perplexed

i definently believe facebook and myspace will be the end of society. lololol guys are stupid. i found out one guy i was dating was seperated with children i never knew existed. :-( two guys i was dating sometime ago, their profiles stated in a relationship i questioned it. one stated they said oh they never changed it from when he broke up with his ex a year ago and the other said he did that so women wouldn't harrass them. well, both turned out to be liars who were still in relationships

I find it funny how when someone goes from in a relationship to "single" on facebook there are a 1001 comments under the status asking what happened :rolleyes: Anyother time no one could care less about visiting their page :lol:

Hmph. Me n the internet were best buds when I was dating a filthy bum...some chicks were writing all up on his wall...Im not psycho..so best believe for me 2 flip out these comments had 2 b questionable...ex: "I misssssss u babe"....so, at the time being the private eye-pride less investigator...I got to business...and politely sent her a message...telling her while I respect their friendship, I would like her 2 respect her relationship...AND...she told me she had NO clue he had a gf...n they recently kissed...gotta love social networking sites!!

Back