Spinoff - Ladies 5'5" and Over-What's WaistLength on you.

~~HoneyComb~~

The other thread had me checking my inches from nape to waist and it measures 19" I'm 5'6"-ish -- I either have a long neck and/or torso :lol:

I'm not too sure where my waist is since it's not that defined. :ohwell: I stand at 5'7" or 5'8" and I think my waist is some where at 16-18" from my nape. I'm apple shaped so what little of my waist I can see probably sits a bit high and I'm mostly legs anyway. Yet again... :ohwell:

BSL for me is 14-16" - I haven't checked in years. Waist is prolly 20" plus - I haven't checked in years and I'm on the job now so checking is not an option. Goes to show you shouldn't get caught up in comparing yourself to internet images coz everyone's torso is different. This probably also explains why I'm not length greedy. As for the hair anorexics, goes to show your hair may be plenty long already.

I'm 5'9" (from bottom of nape)
and it's 14 inches for BSL
and it's 22 freaking inches for WL (man!!!!!)

I'm 5'9" (from bottom of nape)
and it's 14 inches for BSL
and it's 22 freaking inches for WL (man!!!!!)

Yup, I'm 5'9.5 and I think I measured at 23 inches. It's hard to tell 'cause I ain't got no waist!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

I measured my WL as the smallest part of my torso, right around my belly button, not where my pant waits is. Is that right?

I just noticed that shorter ladies had longer to go.

I'm 5'6-3/4" tall and waist is 18.25" That's from my nape to waist.
This was a solo measurement, so I'm probably off by 1/2 inch.
I measured my nape by placing the tape measure 1" above where my hairline ends on my neck.)

I am 6 feet and measuring from my nape, I need 18 inches.

Wow! You must be all legs!

5'6''
WL= 20"

And you must be all torso!

That's the very reason why measuring yourself against someone else's thresholds can be discouraging sometimes -- we're all proportioned differently. So it may take 2 years for one person to reach WL, but 3 years for somebody else. --- the very reason why my siggie reflects my ultimate goal of MBL in inches!

I measured my WL as the smallest part of my torso, right around my belly button, not where my pant waits is. Is that right?

I just noticed that shorter ladies had longer to go.

Right, waist should be measured at your natural waist, not at your pants waistline. I think it may can roughly be measured at where your elbows fall when you hang your arms straight down when you're standing up. It'll probably fall about 0.5-1" above where your elbow falls.

I'm 5'7" and WL on me is 17.5" from the nape.

ETA: Just wanted to say that I have a very high waist. I don't even think I'll get to fit MBL in. I'm probably going to go from BSL straight to WL. The real goal for will be getting to Hip Length because from waist to hip is the longest part of my torso.

The amount of inches i takes for us to reach certain goals has more to do with the proportions of the body than height.

Last edited:
I guess I don't technically qualify. I'm 5'4 3/8", doctors won't even give me the 1/2 inch. I'm 18.5" to waist. I have a long neck and a long torso...

Back