• 1-5

Votes: 136 75.6%
  • 5-8

Votes: 37 20.6%
  • Other

Votes: 7 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Before the forums i used to relax every 8-9 sometimes i could make it to 10 weeks, now i relax every 6mths so it's 2X for the year for me. If i can make it to once per year that would be a bonus. I guess that will never happen since i'm not striving for it. I've already gone 2X for this year already so my next relaxer will be in Jan 09.

I'm planning to change from 2-3 times per year come next year though.

I used to relax religiously every 6 weeks. I am now stretching to every 8 weeks. My goal is to eventually make it to every 10-12 weeks. Wish me luck.

I used to relax every 4-6 weeks back in the day. My hair grew pretty fast, so it wasn't a problem. When my growth slowed, it became a problem.

Now I am relaxing every 8- 12 weeks, so that's 4-6 times per year, but it's hard. I would rather go back to every 6 weeks w/ a high-quality perm like Phyto.

Currently 4 times a year, if I can cut it down to three without significant breakage, I might do that, but haven't been able to so far.

This year 4 touch-ups, I don't count the first one as a touch-up because I was natural and had to put the first one from root to tip. I range from 10 to 12 weeks. Next year I want to do it 3 to 4x a year. I notice the longer my hair gets the longer I can go without a touch, but since I only use direct only when I get a touch-up I think I may have to stick to 10 weeks because my hair is growing like wildfire.

Back