Spinoff: Have you ever dated a man you suspected...

Hve you ever dated a man that you suspected

• Is/Was gay or bisexual

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Has had gay/bisexual experiences

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luvmylife

...of being gay or bisexual?

....having gay or bisexual experiences?

My sister and I have had this discussion with several of our other friends and every woman I have ever asked (...who had some dating experience...) had at least one man cross their path that they had suspicions about his sexuality.

(I dated one guy in college...I know he was gay...he HAD to be gay....so much so that I sent my secrely-straight male friend over to check him out:perplexed...needless to say that relationship ddidn't last long :ohwell:)

So ladies what are your thoughts and experiences?

ETA: I'm sure this has been discussed here before, but I am "re-posing" the question so that newer members like myself get a chance to weigh in and discuss:)

Yes. I had suspicions that someone I knew was gay! He ws my first and we still talk. I asked him one day and he said, "***** ae you crazy?" I then said, "No but I have my suspicions." I'm pretty vocal so I don't keep things to myself.

I dated a guy i met from online that it did cross my mind, still does. I never went to bed with him only because he was rushing and being persistent about us being togther(and the investment of his time into us spending time together--really didnt hit me good from hearing this from his mouth) he just had some ways about him that I questioned.

I met another guy and yes i did think he was bi also...but that didnt last long anyway(Thank God)...

I'm tired of these men that i have to suspect about being bi/gay either by the way they(talk or even there characteristics)...where are the real manly men at...

I dated one guy that I thought might be, only because my mother keep saying he was. We never had relationtions :perplexed and he never seems interested in doing anything like that. I thought that was because he was a preachers son. He's now married with kids.

After we stopped dating him there was a nasty rumor going around about him and another man. My aunt came straight out and asked me if we had sex.:perplexed ETA: Ow, when I told her no that he had not even tried to. She said what red blooded man would not want to have sex with you.

He always had hemeriod? problems, I wonder if he was.

I think my prom date was gay, or at least struggling with his sexuality.

We didn't have a "relationship"...just went out a couple times and then went to prom. But I'm sure he's out of the closet by now...

Not more than one date, but the other night I met an online date for drinks and he was flaming! I have great gaydar and sirens were going off when I talked to him on the phone for the first time that day. I always give folks the benefit of the doubt but when he walked up...arms all aflailing, uh NO. Then talked about how he gets pedicures, gets spa treatments, arranges the flowers in his home, and his continuing wrist-flicking action. I thought I was on Hell Date or something.

The clincher was when I mentioned that I read Lord of the Rings every other year and he said, with a yelping whimper, "Oh! Well let me just go order our china pattern right now!" He reminded me of a black Nathan Lane from the movie 'Birdcage'.

Where's the "Heck No" option?

But ya know - if Kuramu (or whatever his name was off of Real World) taught us anything, it's that overt masculinity and homosexuality are not mutually exclusive...

I'd like to think I have good "gaydar" but the truth is, if I have any doubts, A) I'm gonna ask straight up and B) You can kick rocks. 'Cuz I will not be the laughing stock when you "find yourself" and come out the closet. My ego and my heart will be bruised (moreso my heart). :nono:

don't know if he was gay, but i think he was curious. i have a pretty good gaydar, but i could never get a clear signal from him. he was very muscular and masculine but so pretty. plus he shaved his underarms and kept himself neatly trimmed.

he would talk about how others "suspected" him of being gay and i still think that he was hoping he could open up to me... never did though, and now he's married with two kids. guess the world will never know...

My boytoy//best friend is bisexual. But I mean... he rarely acts on it, he's extremely picky and plus you can NEVER tell by looking at him. All I know is, he hasn't touched a guy since getting involved with me so I'm straight. The past is the past.

My boytoy//best friend is bisexual. But I mean... he rarely acts on it, he's extremely picky and plus you can NEVER tell by looking at him. All I know is, he hasn't touched a guy since getting involved with me so I'm straight. The past is the past.

That's very open minded of you. It couldn't be me.

That's very open minded of you. It couldn't be me.
I figure I should be open minded like that because... I haven't had any run-ins with gender issues but I've done things in the past that I'd want to be forgiven for or at least not held against me because it doesn't define who I am now. So I treat others the same except for some extreme cases. This, in my opinion, isn't at all extreme.

Back