Spinny: The Green Flags We Like In Relationships

okange76

Ok Ladies, I feel like we have spent so much time analyzing and dissecting all the red flags that I feel like some of us might spend so much time looking for faults that we overlook the good stuff and potentially miss out on a good man. Many women can articulate what they don't want in a man but cannot put in words exactly what they need in a man. The list of negatives outweighs the list of positives.

For those with good men currently or have had good men in the past and it just didn't work out for reasons other than lying , abuse and infidelity,

What made you accept his proposal or What made you date him even though you are not together anymore? What was the dating process like? Did he get it right off the bat or did he stumble in the beginning and then course correct?

I feel like we would like partners but are we are automatically viewing them as adversaries instead of potential companions. To be fair I think we should hear about the ones who have stepped up and done right by their women.

I agree with a man wanting to claim you as his being a green flag. My SO and I decided we wanted to be in a relationship after only knowing each other for 3 weeks. I like that it didn't take him a long time to decide whether or not he wanted to pursue a relationship with me.
-He always planned out our dates. He never hit me with "Sooo...what do you want to do?"
-He had no problem driving to come see me. During the first year of our relationship, we lived 50 miles away from each other. He almost always made the drive to come see me and take me out, or if I drove to his city he'd fill up my gas tank.
-He never hesitates to show me off. I feel like he's proud to have me next to him.
-He's direct and gets straight to the point.
-He's always on top of things and follows through. If he says he's going to do something, he does it.
-Something about his demeanor and how he relates to me has always made me feel completely taken care of.
ETA: We have a lot of fun when we travel together. This is a green flag for me because most people I've traveled with end up getting on my nerves and I'm kind of temperamental, so I probably got on their nerves too lol. But my SO and I always have fun on our trips together.

Last edited:
#1 green flag - When he surprises you with a thoughtful gift just because he noticed you needed/wanted something all without you asking for it. A man that can see your needs and take care of them without you nagging is gold.

#2- When he will travel a great distance just for a date with you. Before I was even ready to date him, DH flew across the country just to take me to prom because I didn't want to go alone since my best friend wasn't going. He still puts my interests above his even if it seems out of the way for him.

#3- he offers you the last bite of every shared dish. Not just once, but every shared dish at every meal.

Back