Spinny: So you left your abusive man and struck out on your own...

LadyChe

How long did it take you to trust again/form another relationship?
Are you still on that path?

I've never been in a DV relationship, but I was raped by a man I considered an associate. It took me several years to trust again - I just want to know about the process for you ladies who suffered DV.

And a big thank you to all of you who shared your stories of strength and survival in the other threads. Now let's talk about putting yourself back together again... :yep:

When the right man came along. He was patient, empathetic, trustworthy, and willing to work with me. That is when I knew it was time.

Still on the path..my confidence and self-esteem are MUCH better. I still keep my brick wall up. I'm working on the trust part. It's a process.

I have not really dated and am not ready to bring new men into my life. I can honestly say I am not ready, my guard is still up and about ten feet deep. And I am also concerned abou making the next one pay for the last one's mistakes. That would not be fair.

I have been fortunate to reconnect with someone from my past who is kind, understanding, and patient with me and I with him. I do know, that if I had not known him before, I would not br trying to pursue a relationship with him now.

Still on the path..like the other ladies said..my guard is up..but honestly I'm enjoying being alone right now! I can focus on and pamper myself!

Back