Spin-off To Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Engagement: When Does A Man Decide To Settle Down?

When a man settles down does it depend on him meeting the right woman OR him truly wanting to?

• He settles down when he meets a woman that makes him want to settle down

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • He settles down when he decides he wants to settle down

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • Both

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ScorpioBeauty09

Watching Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's TV interview together got me thinking about when men settle down. Especially men like HRH. He's young, rich, definitely had fun in his time and had more than few blunders. I still remember the nude pics in Vegas and the Nazi sign he wore. :look: He's had relationships but they never turned out well. :nono: One could say he met the right woman who made him want to settle down. But considering he met Meghan on a blind date through a mutual friend, I figure he'd have to already be in the mindset of 'I want to meet someone serious' for the friend to think about it much less bring someone in. So I want to hear what you ladies think.

I’m a firm believer men decide when they are ready to get married. IRL I’ve seen men marry the first woman who is there after they make their decision (be it the right or wrong one).

Which is why I tell women to try to be intentional in their dating - especially if you would like to get marry. Focus on dating marriage-minded men, who won’t play games, have a plan for the future and will be upfront about everything.

I’m a firm believer men decide when they are ready to get married. IRL I’ve seen men marry the first woman who is there after they make their decision (be it the right or wrong one).

Which is why I tell women to try to be intentional in their dating - especially if you would like to get marry. Focus on dating marriage-minded men, who won’t play games, have a plan for the future and will be upfront about everything.

Yep it’s a timing thing with men.

I think this Allison Armstrong woman has it backwards. For women, it's the right person (or at least who we think is the right person) first, timing second, and for men, it's the right time first, person second. What a lot of women see is the following scenario happen:

Guy dates a woman for a reasonably long time. Woman is thinking it's leading to marriage. Woman gets tired of waiting because the guy is dragging his feet. Woman peaces out the foot dragger and leaves. Guy dates the next woman, and decides that he really liked his experience in that last long-term situation and wants to have that again. But knows that he can't string along a woman forever, because that last girl left. Therefore, he's going to have to commit. That next woman is the lucky recipient of a marriage, in large part because it was inadvertently set-up by the last woman.

I think it's a combination of both. When he decides he wants to get married and when he meets a woman to settle down with--whether or not she's the right one.

I say both because I've heard men say that they'll let a woman go that they really love and would want to be with, it was just the wrong time for him. That was the case with my first love. I was in love with him and he wanted to be with me but it was the wrong time and now, we've gone in different directions.

When a man decides he wants to settle down ranges. Some have cultural/familial expectations that cause them to start looking earlier than others. One reason black women struggle to get married when other groups do is because we want to but there's no cultural or familial expectation for most black men to get married. And as we say around here, men do the asking. :look:

In Harry's case, he knew that he was at that age when he should try to find a woman to marry. But he said he knew when he saw her that she was the one.

You know that’s what I’ve always wanted. For someone to look at me and just know. I told myself if that isn’t what happens then I don’t want it and well... I got it. Like why we gotta date for umpteen years for you to figure it out?

In Harry's case, he knew that he was at that age when he should try to find a woman to marry. But he said he knew when he saw her that she was the one.
Apparently he's been wanting to find someone since Will married Kate and she started popping out babies. That would explain how the Cressida Bonas situation went down. :look: I think the problem was finding someone to take him on.

I honestly think it went like: she's pretty, into the kind of work we do and is willing to move to the UK? She's the one.

Last edited:
Back