Spin Off: Living with your SO/Hubby - Do you stay fly inside the house, too?

I tried to stay cute all the time before and right after we got married. It worked for a little while. but later it was like whatever!
It took him 3 years to catch me poopin'. Well actually that was the first time he walked in right after I walked out and I could no longer hide the fact that my ish didn't really smell like potpourri!:look:

LMAO!!!!!!! I am CRACKING UP AT WORK! Yall gone get me in trouble!!

Please...when I'm home, it's all about comfort. When I hit the door from work, I shower, put on t-shirt pajama pants and a head scarf. That's my daily home wear.

I look like a hot mess and I don't care anymore. I used to run and hide and try to stay all pretty and such, but like I said I don't care and he is still all over me!

I guess as a single gal - I still want to be "cute" as much as possible. I'm not talking full makeup & heels or anything - but there has to be a happy medium between being a FLY girl and being tore up.:rolleyes:

Yes!

I need that happy medium.

I clean up like a supermodel...a chunky supermodel...and turn heads...but um, I'm not one of those people who can roll out of bed butt nekkid and just look FABULOUS.

My mom used to joke with me that she looked healthier in the face than I do daily when she was a chemo patient :grin: I have blue under eye circles, red sides on my nose... and my lips don't get any color in them for a good 2 hours of me being upright. That and the fact that once I go to sleep, I don't move...and an inch deep pillow crease down the side of my face is not hot.

Pressed powder, cherry chapstick, and Jergens Original cover a MULTITUDE of sins.

Ahhhh my ashy feet. No man EVER needs to see them. Actually... no living person ever needs to see them.

I'm natural all the time when at home. I'm nude always when the kids are not here. I love being nude. I use masks and do everything else around DH.

I remember my mother getting on to me when we first married, telling me I should look a little presentable when around the house that I wasn't as cute as I thought I was without makeup and Dh didn't want to look at that. Anyways after many months of thinking about this I decided that I should continue what I was doing because she had been married three times and wasn't married at the time. So being dolled up 24/7 hadn't really gained her anything.:perplexed

I thought that maybe I was the only one that thought like this :look:.

This is a good thread. I was thinking of these things a few weeks ago, as I am going to be married soon. I do my own sew-ins and men are sooo nosey, "I wanna see what is under there." and so forth. I have just been thinking a while about alot of things. I have never been married, I live alone, and I have never had any live-ins. I love my single hood but I am gonna love my married life as well. I am not really worried about my Mint Julep (love the stuff). Feminine wares, I wrap and have a cover on the bathroom garbage with a foot pedal. I sleep on a satin pillow so I don't really tie my hair up so I don't worry about this. I do wake up looking kinda busted though :yawn: (I mean with puffy eyes and what have you)but oh well. My best friend on the other hand does not front (du rag, long jongs, flannel pajamas and all) she is a trip but her husband loves her for it. Another friend of ours had once told her a while back that she is "the most classy ghetto acting person he had ever seen". And it is the honest to goodness truth (and if you are wrong she will call you out and truly will get you told without one curse word). She's just real but I love her for that. Yeah, married life will be interesting.

You probably stay fly in your sleep. That’s why you are Bmoreflyygirl:yep:!

LOL I TRY!! :lachen: I don't wear any old thing to bed or around the house for that matter. I have satin sheets and pillowcases so I don't have to cover my hair. I don't want to look like Aunt Jemima. :look: The most I might do is if I'm wearing a wig, take it off when I get in the house but that's about it.

This thread might be a tad TMI on the body function tip...but it's for a valid reason :spinning:

Those of us ladies who live alone (or with a relative or female roommate)... I love the freedom of being able to walk around the house naked with VEET smeared all on my arms and legs... a Mint Julep mask on my face... and deep conditioner in my hair. And I can do this whenever I want to!

BUT... if my SO is over for extended days or if I'm at his place for extended days... I have my "semi-natural" self that I present. Meaning... no makeup, but my hair is in a semi-style, I wear moisturizer and cherry chap stick and a cute casual outfit. He probably thinks this is how I always am.

Example...

ALONE:

68m8ikg.jpg

WITH SO:

4ml8b28.jpg

But for those of you who actually LIVE with your man/husband... how do you do it? Do you just say "Screw it...this is me." Or do you consciously make an effort to not let him see you in a certain way?

How do you do it? Does it get tiring? Has he ever caught you in a seriously un-pretty situation? Do you ever get to the point where you both just say FORGET IT and just get real natural? lol

My SO/making up my mind about this man and I are real comfortable in certain situations... as in telling disgusting stories to eachother, him burping and farting, me burping (accidentally farted once and was SO EMBARRASSED but he thought it was funny)... he poops with the bathroom door open...we are always in eachothers faces and will even grab an eye booger out eachothers eyes... we say we're like primates who groom eachother.

But certain things... I just don't want him to EVER see me do. I never want him to see a used tampon or pad, never want him to see me with Veet underneath my chin or waxing my upper lip... I don't want him to hear my sh%t hit the water or see me have diarrhea or be sick like that... but when you live with someone for YEARS...obviously sometimes, you see things you really aren't supposed to see.

How do you deal with it? Have you hidden the true NATURAL you for 5, 10, 20 years?

Suerte, this is a very good question. :) I have been married for going on 5 years and honestly me and my hubby let loose everything during our dating time. So, once we were married it was ALL old news. We don't hide (or I should say be discrete) anything from each other. He has seen me do everything under the sun and I have seen him do everything under the sun. I remember one time I attempted to wax myself, not a good idea BTW :nono:. Needless to say, he had to help me. We were both laughing at that one, we still do. He brings it up all the time. We have been through all the stuff from sick in the hospital to vomiting in the car. For some reason, the only person I get shy about is my GYN doc, I don't think any ladie will get used to those visits. :spinning:

If our kids are not around, I still walk around the house naked, not safe as I normally get attacked. :look:

It's funny because when we met I wore fitted low rise jeans and he would howl when I wore stuff like that. But NOW, OMG let me slip on those jeans from my pimpin days....Oh man he will be like don't you have some sweats like why are you dressing like that? You are married. LOL. So that just tells me I still got his nose wide open. :grin:

I'm myself with my SO and he is the same. I can't sit around the house in clothes so as soon as I get home I take off my clothes and walk around in short/sweat pants or maybe just undies and a wife beater. I mean I like cute PJ's and such so most of my stuff is VS Pink or something cute and tiny from target. I walk around naked with nair all over my body...he likes the visual but hates the smell :lachen:

I'm very low maintenance as is so for me to have to make an effort to look "cute" is out of the question. He does make me feel bad when I want to wear sweats to the mall or out to run errands because he is the exact opposite. He gets cute for everything.

Back