Spin Off: Daily Self Love Activities Thanks Brownb83

ChasingBliss

I loved @brownb83 's post so much it inspired me to ask this question. A lot of us on here seem to know how to love themselves on a very regular basis...while some of us want to and dont even know how. I like what she says in the other thread about loving one's self how ever it is defined that day.

So my question is What did you do today to show yourself love? You can post here each day, each week, how ever you choose. But I think this may help some of us learn different ways to do it. It will help draw out some creativity as well.

311078_10150372132699785_1888388396_n.jpg

Ok I'll start.

Every morning I wake up to Solfeggio music with affirmations. I listen to it while I get ready for my day. When I shower, I affirm myself. I state out loud exactly what I expect to accomplish that day. Getting my mind focused on my daily goals is for me, is a self loving activity.

On my way to work in my car, I set my attitude for the day by speaking my affirmations out loud. I don't care if people see me talking to myself lol. I find doing this makes me feel so good. I come into work feeling happy and ready for the day. If there is anything bothering me I also use that time to deal with it by affirming my confidence in my ability to solve any particular problem. I speak EVERYTHING in precise terms. There is something about being exact and saying it out loud that makes the magic happen.

Every night before bed I write after thoughts in my journal.

In the heat of this day.....:)

I decided to nix my plans in favor of staying in allowing some deeply needed mental rest...

I've made golden milk for later tonight, prepped my detox drink for the rest of the week. Made a few appointments for next week..and watched youtube videos ad nauseum..

Yesterday I went to a Reiki session on a whim, and what showed left me deeply moved to tears. Couple that with massage Monday and well you can see why I just wanna be alone in my thoughts...lol

So you could say I'm in listening mode to what my soul needs in the moment..

More often than not these days....:)

In the heat of this day.....:)

I decided to nix my plans in favor of staying in allowing some deeply needed mental rest...

I've made golden milk for later tonight, prepped my detox drink for the rest of the week. Made a few appointments for next week..and watched youtube videos ad nauseum..

Yesterday I went to a Reiki session on a whim, and what showed left me deeply moved to tears. Couple that with massage Monday and well you can see why I just wanna be alone in my thoughts...lol

So you could say I'm in listening mode to what my soul needs in the moment..

More often than not these days....:)

Love this.

I have yet to make golden milk even though I have the ingredients. I must put this on my to do list.
My last reiki session was over a year ago. My solar plexus area was very weak..I needed healing so bad. I want to get another one. :yep:

Thanks this was Sweet @ChasingBliss :2inlove:.

I remind myself everyday not to let my emotions control me. This can often hurt my ability to achieve my goals.

Yes. I cannot stress this enough with some of my clients. When emotions rule your life feels like a total disaster. You feel everything is outside your control.
It took me a long time to realize that I could kick that pilot named Random Emotion out of the driver seat of my brain and let my Higher Self take control.

A self love affirmation I got from a youtube vid a while back. I've read this until I could recite it without looking. It is one of my mantras now.

I radiate love and respect, and in return I get love and respect. I approve of myself and feel great about myself. I love and accept myself unconditionally. My high self esteem enables me to respect others, and get respect in return. I am a unique and very special person. I am strong and balanced. I am like a tall tree with thick and strong roots, connecting deep into mother earth. I am bathing in a river of courage an strength.

I love that I'm checking in with myself every few hours to inquire... how I'm feeling, what do I want, what do I need... as well as generally standing still in the moment to just be...

I say all this as a former type A- list maker, and fervent checker of all tasks completed lol.

Nowadays, these wider spaces between the beat of necessary tasks leave openings for randomness and pleasure that delights me...:)

Amazed at what I have been missing ...:2inlove:

I loved @brownb83 's post so much it inspired me to ask this question. A lot of us on here seem to know how to love themselves on a very regular basis...while some of us want to and dont even know how. I like what she says in the other thread about loving one's self how ever it is defined that day.

So my question is What did you do today to show yourself love? You can post here each day, each week, how ever you choose. But I think this may help some of us learn different ways to do it. It will help draw out some creativity as well.

Hi @ChasingBliss,
This is a nice thread. Can you please tell me what is golden milk? Also, do you have the link to brown83's original thread.

Hi @ChasingBliss,
This is a nice thread. Can you please tell me what is golden milk? Also, do you have the link to brown83's original thread.
Hey @Chicoro

It was a post in the other thread I made.
https://longhaircareforum.com/threa...of-your-happiness.810797/page-2#post-23687785

As for the golden milk, @JFemme actually posted about making it ...I have yet to make it. But I have the ingredients begging me to get started. Here is something I found on the web..

Heat 2 cups light unsweetened coconut milk (or almond or soymilk) with 1 tablespoon peeled, grated fresh ginger and 1 tablespoon peeled, grated fresh turmeric and 3-4 black peppercorns. Bring to a simmer and simmer covered for 10 minutes. Strain and sweeten to taste (if desired).

@ChasingBliss thank you for that affirmation you provided. @annieup thank you for your post also, it's good encouragement for me to continue with the positive thoughts in the face of challenges. It's so hard. I'll be on a roll and then a circumstance will arise and I get totally engrossed in the feelings that come up and feel hopeless. Staying on top of my thinking would be one of the best if not best gifts that I could give to myself.

Since the beginning of this year, I've been writing emails to myself. All topics, including times when I want to say things to people. I was hormonal and emotional, and learned that not everything needs to be said out aloud. To anyone, even when venting.
It's also not healthy to hold everything in. I decided to start sending myself notes via email. It has been immensely therapeutic for me!

Good reminder! For the month of Feb, I did something or looked for something that involved love.

Today: made mental and physical health appts to make sure I am ok. I feel ok but I need to be more proactive about my health and not just reactive. I feel good about trying to improve my mental, physical, dental health this year.

Back