Speaking of happy married ladies

FluffyRed

I have a friend who is married to a heart surgeon, never worked a day in her life, has two beautiful daughters, one in med school, just sold the three story beach house she and her husband built.

Her husband is so handsome and athletic and seems so NICE. (he recently went and hiked in the Himalayas; during the summer he goes to their part of India to provide free medical treatment)

All she does is complain about him! He's not demonstrative enough. She's bored.

Admittedly it is an arranged marriage, they are from India.

But I'm looking at her husband like, dang, I'll take him. :giggle:

My single friends who have to work are PI$$ED at her when she complains.

Just saying, when you pray to be married, be specific!!!

I have a work acquaintance with a surgeon husband doing a fellowship a few states away while she works in NYC. I encourage her to get the heck out of here to be where he is. She too, says he is always working and only gets to see him twice a month, he is a bit boring to her but I told her it is better than an exciting no good man...shoot...I'd be happy to have a man half as great as him..he seems to love her a bunch! PS..she told me a little while ago she is quitting her job...going to be with him..thank goodness.

Girl...Just because he looks good on paper don't make their relationship perfect. You have no idea what goes on behind closed doors.

Last edited:
Girl...Just because he looks good on paper don't make their relationship perfect. You have no idea what goes on behind closed doors.

True dat, but then she goes into detail about their "issues" and I just don't see the problem. She's trying to make him sound bad, and her experiences would not even make the board.

She need to date a real ***** to appreciate what she got!

I have found the wealthier a woman is the less compassion she gets from anyone about anything. Oftentimes more successful = less affectionate/demonstrative. Bottom-line though if she is that bored she needs to be talking to him and working on the problem(s) or moving on. Nobody enjoys hearing anyone going on and on about how bored they are, it does get old fast.

True dat, but then she goes into detail about their "issues" and I just don't see the problem. She's trying to make him sound bad, and her experiences would not even make the board.

She need to date a real ***** to appreciate what she got!

She might be a private person and might not like the dish out all the dirt in her marriage, but if that's not the case......

She needs to find something to occupy her time while her DH is away.

Too much idle time is not good for anyone.

She really needs to appreciate what she's got and that there are women who would kill to be in her position.

I hope she doesn't do anything thoughtless to ruin her marriage. I'm sure there are plenty of women out there waiting for her to slip-up.

She might be a private person and might not like the dish out all the dirt in her marriage, but if that's not the case......

She needs to find something to occupy her time while her DH is away.

Too much idle time is not good for anyone.

She really needs to appreciate what she's got and that there are women who would kill to be in her position.

I hope she doesn't do anything thoughtless to ruin her marriage. I'm sure there are plenty of women out there waiting for her to slip-up.

Yeah, I think that is the problem with alot of married women, they expect their husband to be their EVERYTHING. And they end up heavily disappointed when they discover that he can't be. You gotta take responsibility for yourself beyond him being responsible for you as his wife.

Tell her to sign up for an episode of "Wife Swap" or "Trading Spouses" or whatever...She'll get a good idea of what its like to see if the grass is greener.

You dont even need a show, just swap households and stay over to her place for a weekend and let her stay with your hubby...see how that works out.

Tell her to sign up for an episode of "Wife Swap" or "Trading Spouses" or whatever...She'll get a good idea of what its like to see if the grass is greener.

You dont even need a show, just swap households and stay over to her place for a weekend and let her stay with your hubby...see how that works out.

IF she stayed with MY EX husband for a weekend, she would be one mic-checking little Indian lady when she got back home!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: I know she's vegan, but she would be on that curried tube steak, baby!!!

Before you said he goes to India OP, i almost knew who you were talking about. lol.

Sometimes it is not that the woman needs her husband to make her happy...sometimes it is he has a job that never gives a free day, and the woman wants to actually spend some quality time with her man, and have him raise his kids. Otherwise he becomes dude who pays the bills.

Some people get into their jobs so much they forget about family...even volunteering overtakes family time.

Back