SouthernGirlz your hair is AMAZING!

CheerHHS

Wow you have really,really beautiful hair! It is SO thick and your have the most beautiful blunt cut. I have one question though, what products and procedure did you use to achieve that silky looking airdried hair? Im sorry to bring you out but I had to know!

Thanks Cheerhhs and Pradalover! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

When I took the most recent update pictures, I did a Mane n Tail experiment- I just washed w/Mane n Tail shampoo, then applied the leave-in conditioner. Once it was partially dry, I applied Wild Growth Oil to my hair and scalp. This was the first time I'd done this- I generally let it air-dry without any products on it. Finally, I curled it in big sections w/ a ceramic iron.

I liked how it came out by adding the oil- much more manageble and not at all dry-looking. Also, the Mane n Tail conditioner makes it so much thicker-looking. Finally, keeping it blunt cut makes it looks thicker as well!

Thanks so much for asking. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Hope this helps!! Here's my regimen if you'd like more detail:
http://journals.fotki.com/SouthernGirlz/
SG

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:
Thanks Cheerhhs and Pradalover! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

When I took the most recent update pictures, I did a Mane n Tail experiment- I just washed w/Mane n Tail shampoo, then applied the leave-in conditioner. Once it was partially dry, I applied Wild Growth Oil to my hair and scalp. This was the first time I'd done this- I generally let it air-dry without any products on it. Finally, I curled it in big sections w/ a ceramic iron.

I liked how it came out by adding the oil- much more manageble and not at all dry-looking. Also, the Mane n Tail conditioner makes it so much thicker-looking. Finally, keeping it blunt cut makes it looks thicker as well!

Thanks so much for asking. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Hope this helps!!
SG

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes she's gorgeous and so is her hair. Am I the only one that peeped how she subtlely pushed the Mane n Tail or am I just being paranoid? I feel that she was pushing the product.

*Mo scratches hand* *Scratches hand again*

Hey Mo, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I'm cracking up over here! You know you need to just go on and try that Mane N Tail! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif(I'm making that Mr. Ed sound right now- wish I could type it out!!)

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:
Hey Mo, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I'm cracking up over here! You know you need to just go on and try that Mane N Tail! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif(I'm making that Mr. Ed sound right now- wish I could type it out!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! It's on my holiday list. My "gifts" to myself. My cousin uses the leave in and conditioner and I had no idea.

Her hair is coarse, but it's thick and it grows so quick...after being up in her scalp during Thanksgiving, I've definitely been swayed to make this the LAST potential addition to my arsenal of products. The PJ'ism must stop...
it must.

Southern Girl, your hair IS gorgeous! I've been familiarizing myself with this site and I came across your photo book. I am going to try to do the pin curls that you demonstrate. I want to stop using heat on my hair.

I hardly ever post, but I had to come out of hiding to shout out SG. I /images/graemlins/love.gif your hair!!! I also have ponytail envy /images/graemlins/look.gif . Your ponytail is so thick and beautiful.
**going back into lurkdom**

Aw, thanks Poohbear, Carlie, AudraChanell, and Amerie /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You ladies are the sweetest.

Mona- That's so cool your cousin uses the leave-in! I know you said you were gonna try it, so now I hope you feel a little better about it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Amerie- Welcome again to the site! /images/graemlins/wave.gif Definitely try the pincurls as a nice no-heat style option. Hope you have good results!!
SG

You ain't kidding!! SG's hair is CRAZY!! God knew what he was doing..b/c if i had her hair nobody would be able to tell me anything /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
BlackButterflyz said:
I hardly ever post, but I had to come out of hiding to shout out SG. I /images/graemlins/love.gif your hair!!! I also have ponytail envy /images/graemlins/look.gif . Your ponytail is so thick and beautiful.
**going back into lurkdom**

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Blackbutterflyz,

Thanks so much! That is very sweet of you /images/graemlins/kiss.gif. Don't go back into lurkdom!!! Talk to us /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lemme see if I can find your album...

Thanks Missbrown and Foxy! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

And FOXY... what do you mean??? You are definitely one of my hair inspirations- you don't need anyone's hair but your own! It's awesome!

yes.. southerngirlz does has a beautiful head of hair..... /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Ya'll! I had to rub my eyes a few times when I saw all my other hair inspirations- Sherrylove, Caramelhonee, Prettybrowneyes, and dontspeakdefeat! (LOL) /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Thanks for making my day! I don't think many of you are in the DC area but if so, hope to see you at the meeting on Saturday. Especially you Audra Chanell!! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

How'd I miss this post? ITA!! Your hair is just GORGEOUS, SG /images/graemlins/kiss.gif! I am seriously considering the Mane n Tail now /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Hey Dreems! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif I'll take your hair ANYDAY!

How are ya gurlie?? DEFINITELY try the MNT (Original Formula). I don't think I'll ever go back to any other shampoo, although I still use CON shampoo as a final "rinse" to detangle. I won't lie, you really have to work with it b/c your hair feels weird compared to other moisturizing shampoos and conditioners. Most of what people said, including that "crunchy" feeling, is true, but you have to really work with it. I'm several weeks post-relaxer and have had minimal shedding, and it feels so much stronger! If you decide to try it, PM me and I'll tell you more.

[ QUOTE ]
Amerie said:
Southern Girl, your hair IS gorgeous! I've been familiarizing myself with this site and I came across your photo book. I am going to try to do the pin curls that you demonstrate. I want to stop using heat on my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I should tell you SouthernGirl that your pin curl style has become a mainstay for my Sunday goin' to church hair. I love having another style that I can do that doesn't involve using heat. Thanks so much for sharing the how to's.

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:
Thanks Missbrown and Foxy! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

And FOXY... what do you mean??? You are definitely one of my hair inspirations- you don't need anyone's hair but your own! It's awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks SG! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Thanks Mariaat40, Foxy, Datjerseydyme, and lov04! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Mariaat, I used to do my hair like this on Sundays sometimes too! It's also my fiance's favorite hairstyle. Since it's been getting colder, I've been afraid to do them b/c it takes so long to dry. Do you have any problems during colder weather? I just don't want to have frozen curls!!

SouthernGirl, the thickness of your hair is to die for /images/graemlins/love.gif. You have one of the healthiest looking heads of hair on this board. You are doing wonderful job.

SOUTHERNGIRL HAIR IS SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LOOKING!!! IT'S DEFINITELY INSPIRATIONAL FOR ALL OF US!

Back