Soultanicals Reviews

Pulled out the Pumpkin Detox Masque. Will use it tomorrow a.m.

Will apply to dry hair and sit under a plastic cap for several hours.

Smells good. I don't get "Pumpkin" tho?

It reminds me more of Molasses Reconstruct.:lick:

So, okay.....I detect a 'slight' Floral undertone.:angry2:

Um....Not a real fan of the flowers. :rose:.....:nono:

Under a plastic cap. Will see how it actually performs in a few hours.

I take it back the delicious smell of the Molasses Reconstruct. :lick:

That floral thing messed that up.:ohwell: (for me) Thank goodness it's very 'slight'.

Yes, Etaes caramel is BAE. Lord, the moisture. I apply it over my naked hair or on top of a deep conditioner and BABAY!!!!!!

I can get it up the street too. chileeeeeeee

I tried the etae because of your review and I do believe it's instant bae. I had chronic hard hair and breakage and have tried everything to curtail it but do believe etae stopped it in its tracks. I washed yesterday and lost hardly any hair in the shower and my hair was also still moderately soft after using shampoo. This never happens for me. I'm so impressed and hopping they have a BF sale.

Forgot to post about this...
I tried a few pumps of the Knot Glide on a section of untwisted dry hair just before I washed yesterday. The slip is BANANAS!!!!!
My hand was silky soft when I was trying to rinse it off my hand. My fingers glided right through my hair. It's quite possibly the most slippy non-DC/conditioner product I've ever used. If I remember anything that beats it, I'll let everyone know. I'm definitely going to try it when I attempt my WnG since I'll likely need lots of detangling assistance then.
But really, the slip is so SO good :happydance:

Which of their products offers the best moisture AND detangling?

I hear the Knot Sauce, the Knot glide,....and another one that I can't remember.

Agreed. I may add that Knot Glide to my BF list.
Okay nope. I just added the salon size knot sauce and knot glide and shipping was over $20.00. I quickly deleted the cart and stepped out of the room. I don't want $100 worth of stuff to get the free shipping so I guess I'll just have to pass. I am not crazy about the products I do have from them to spend that much. I'm good for now and don't know how I'll feel about it later :look:

So I finally tried the detox mask. Meh. Thoughts:
1. I see what y'all were saying about the definition. Curl poppage was mach-level 10. I see why people use clays before wash and goes. I don't think I have ever seen my hair so curly/coily :2inlove:.
2. I used the entire jar in one session. Not very economical. I used it on soaking wet hair. It was thin so I had to use a lot to coat all my hair.
3. Not a ton of slip when applying. I was hoping for the slip of the SM purification mask. Nope.
4. I love the smell and it does linger.
5. It is messy due to its thin consistency. Mud was all over the place once I was done applying.
6. I applied and sat under the dryer for 30 minutes. The curl poppage remained even after I rinsed. My hair felt slightly coated but soft. Again, not quite on purification mask level, but decent.

Due to the mediocre performance and the fact that I had to use the entire jar in one session, this is not a repurchase for me.

I guess I just prefer the feel of shampoo to cleanse my hair and scalp.

Yeah...just meh. If you are into clays, I think you will like it. I guess I just prefer the feel of shampoo on my hair and scalp. It may be mental, but I just felt like my hair wasn't clean after using the clay.

I know what you mean which is why I used the detox mask on my ends and my Redken Hair Cleansing Creme on my scalp :love2:.
The Redken did its thing while the detox gave me super soft ends and coil poppage galore

Last edited:
Back