Soooo, I got my products from Myhoneychild.com....

alibi

hair bored
Well ladies, I got my products the other day, and I’ve posted my reviews below. Overall, I’m very so-so about the products. The customer service is EXCELLENT, and that alone makes me want to patronize this line b/c Krika, the lady who makes them, is very sweet and took time to speak to me on the phone, answer my e-mails, and sent the products very promptly. It was a good experience with the purchase, but I don’t know that her products are any better than anything else I’ve used, especially b/c they're a bit onthe expensive side. If anyone else has used these particular products, please feel free to post your review, I’d like to hear about someone else’s experience. ;)

Honey Love Moisturizer This is described as an awesome moisturizer. Smells of lilies, honey and vanilla bean. Apply at night for an unbeatable shine in the morning. Great for relaxed hair also. Add instant shine to any style. A plant-based resin, shapes the hair without weighing it down, giving shine and luster. The non-greasy formula does not leave a residue. Apply daily for a great shine and luster to hair. 4 oz. - $9.50

REVIEW – This is a great product. It smells yummy, :lick: , and it does give the hair a nice shine without weighing it down. It’s a little price for the size, but it seems worth it. :)

Herbal Hair CocktailIt’s described on the website as a revitalizing leave-in hair conditioning cocktail with extracts of Aloe, Nettle, Chamomile, Horsetail and Henna that revitalizes your hair from the roots to ends! A styling fixative that's also a leave-in conditioner. It detangles and leaves hair combable. Works great with the TYPE Hair Crèmes. 8 oz. bottle - $12

REVIEW - It wasn't anything spectacular, compared to other leave-ins that I've used. It detangled okay, but I actually prefer TIGI Catwalk Fast Fixx Leave in better. It smelled very herby too, not overpowering, but not something I would want my hair to smell like. I will use the rest of it, but won't be purchasing it again.

My Hair Needs a 2/3 Crème The site says this is finally a Crème for my hair type. My Hair Needs a Type 2/3 Hair Crème. Two great products in one, this super emollient Type 2 hair styling cream for hair that needs a little frizz-ease. Simply work a small amount into your palms, and run through the hair to define texture, and then apply the TYPE 3 Hair Crème for areas where you need more control.
Two 8 oz. jars - $25 (or one 16 oz. jar for $25)

REVIEW - I actually liked these 2 products the least of all. The title "crème" to me means something that will be thick and emollient, but they weren’t. This is lotion, not a crème, and I think the title should be more specific, b/c I already know that my hair doesn’t like lotions, and would not have purchased it. My hair needs something that is thick enough to tame frizzies, and define curls, and lotions just don’t cut it for me. :( It may be a great product for someone else, but I don’t know how it would possibly provide control for thicker hair types.

Did any of them help to define your curls any better or did it just look more or less the same as it did before?

Tai said:
Did any of them help to define your curls any better or did it just look more or less the same as it did before?
No, none of the products really helped define my curls any more, and that's basically what I was going for. They weren't bad, per se, but I didn't really notice all that big of a difference in my hair. Like I said, if I had known the "Creme" was a lotion I would have passed on it, b/c my hair doesn't like lotions. I'm still open minded about her products though, b/c she has quite a few of them, but I want more reviews before I would make another purchase. :ohwell:

Thank you so much for these reviews! My hair absolutely hates lotions too- so its nice to know that I don't even need to try that product.

hi ayana:

i'm going to take a look at that site. i have no business even looking much less purchasing hair products but my curiosity is piqued!

ayanapooh said:
No, none of the products really helped define my curls any more, and that's basically what I was going for. They weren't bad, per se, but I didn't really notice all that big of a difference in my hair. Like I said, if I had known the "Creme" was a lotion I would have passed on it, b/c my hair doesn't like lotions. I'm still open minded about her products though, b/c she has quite a few of them, but I want more reviews before I would make another purchase. :ohwell:
Have you thought about writing her and calling her telling her what didn't work for you and why and maybe she could suggest something to help?? Not sure if a company like this would take something back to exchange it for something else?? It would be great if she did.. just a thought..

Well, I do still plan on ordering from her.. just because everyone is different.. what didn't work for your hair might work for mine and vice versa.. But, I'm not looking to define my curls.. I need to moisturize and get rid of frizz... she suggested for me 2 of the products that she suggested for you.. but I also don't have thick hair.. and the majority of my hair is scab hair.. actually..just thinking out loud.. what might work for me now..might not work later.. because my hair is mostly scab hair....it's like night and day from my new growth..

That honey love moisturizer sounds really good though!!

Ayana, I'm sorry that the products didn't work out for you but glad that you had a great experience with the service. I have the Herbal Hair Cocktail and I used it in conjunction with the Caribbean Hair Activator and I liked them. Like I said on another thread, when I first put it on, I was like :ohwell: because I didn't notice anything special but after wearing a cotton scarf on my head for 8+ hours :blush: , my hair was very soft and it usually isn't. I don't know if those results will be repeated when I use it again, but I'm hoping they will. I haven't used them since b/c I'm wearing my hair in twists and I don't want anything to make my hair swell and get frizzy looking.

Aw man! That's too bad. :( I am loving the heck out of my products. You might like the Oyin Whipped Pudding. :)

oyinexittheapple.com

Thanks for the review. oh yeah and, Oyins whipped pudding is good! I also like the Shine and Define Serum, it's cool and frothy.

Divastate said:
Thank you so much for these reviews! My hair absolutely hates lotions too- so its nice to know that I don't even need to try that product.
ditto, i was under the impression that it was a creme too :) :ohwell:

Thanks for giving your reviews.. :) I agree with sassy and western eyes. You might like Oyin's Whipped Pudding a lot. It's pretty thick...and the consistency of it reminds me of frosting. Oyins Shine and Define is more like a cream to me (a very light one)...I like to use it on my ends to eliminate frizz. It's good stuff. I used the Whipped Pudding a few times...but I'm looking for something a little lighter...like a hair lotion...so the My Hair Needs A Type ___ Cream might be right up my alley. :up: So much for not pjing. Oh well!

sassygirl125 said:
Aw man! That's too bad. :( I am loving the heck out of my products. You might like the Oyin Whipped Pudding. :)

oyinexittheapple.com

Hey Sassy..did you ever try the Whipped Pudding on your hair?? If so, how did it turn out for you?

ayanapooh said:

My Hair Needs a 2/3 Crème The site says this is finally a Crème for my hair type. My Hair Needs a Type 2/3 Hair Crème. Two great products in one, this super emollient Type 2 hair styling cream for hair that needs a little frizz-ease. Simply work a small amount into your palms, and run through the hair to define texture, and then apply the TYPE 3 Hair Crème for areas where you need more control.
Two 8 oz. jars - $25 (or one 16 oz. jar for $25)

REVIEW - I actually liked these 2 products the least of all. The title "crème" to me means something that will be thick and emollient, but they weren’t. This is lotion, not a crème, and I think the title should be more specific, b/c I already know that my hair doesn’t like lotions, and would not have purchased it. My hair needs something that is thick enough to tame frizzies, and define curls, and lotions just don’t cut it for me. :( It may be a great product for someone else, but I don’t know how it would possibly provide control for thicker hair types.

thanks for the review...i was gonna get the 3c/4a creme....i'll pass...i need the same benefits as urself

Back